2024 Recruiting: - ESPN 100 Update | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: ESPN 100 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

We have a better idea of who we're targeting now, and seems to be lots of risers

17 - Patrick Ngongba
20 - Billy Richmond
30 - Ahmad Nowell
39 - Curtis Givens
49 - Austin Swartz
50 - Jakhi Howard
56 - Tyler Betsey
60 - Marcus Allen
73 - Jacob Cofie
79 - Isaiah Abraham

Technically Recruiting

8 - Boogie Fland
9 - Jalil Bethea

Reaction Score
Is it fair to say that it's either Howard or Betsey, but not both? They literally are listed as having the exact height, weight and position.

Reaction Score

We have a better idea of who we're targeting now, and seems to be lots of risers

17 - Patrick Ngongba
20 - Billy Richmond
30 - Ahmad Nowell
39 - Curtis Givens
49 - Austin Swartz
50 - Jakhi Howard
56 - Tyler Betsey
60 - Marcus Allen
73 - Jacob Cofie
79 - Isaiah Abraham

Technically Recruiting

8 - Boogie Fland
9 - Jalil Bethea

Richmond a bit of a surprise, but all seems fair basically. Well-deserved bump for Ngongba. He's a beast. I don't really think we're recruiting Cofie or Allen though.

In terms of schollies...

PG: Givens, Nowell

Wing: Richmond, Howard, Abraham,

Betsey (Big shooter) and Swartz kind of in classes of their own.

Big: Ngongba

I suspect we're after a class of 1 PG, 1 big, 1 of Richmond/Abraham/Howard and either of Swartz or Betsey if we can land them.

Reaction Score
I don't see any way we have a five man class, we're just coming off a monster class.
Yeah hard to see another huge class. We have 4 scholarships open now, and likely will end up with at least 7 with departures. But seems like a year we'll be active in the transfer portal since there's gonna be very few upperclassmen on the roster

Reaction Score
I want karaban and clingan and sanogo and Hawkins. We get these guys that are so awesome. Has coaching been that good? I feel like why would you not come to storrs? Are you shy, don't like tv time? We are cool awesome and everything. Showcase what you have guys. Let's kick some ass.

Reaction Score
I know Abraham and Ngongba are not a package deal necessarily, but I can easily envision both choosing UConn from the quotes from them and rumblings.

Reaction Score
A 5 man class could be a stretch but with the quality of kids on this list, I could see it versus dipping more heavily into the portal. With that said I see at least 4 signees being the goal.

Reaction Score
I know Abraham and Ngongba are not a package deal necessarily, but I can easily envision both choosing UConn from the quotes from them and rumblings.
Hypothetical for you and everyone. If taking Abraham and NOT Howard gets you Ngongba guaranteed, versus taking Howard and you maybe get Ngongba, which one do you take?

Reaction Score
Hypothetical for you and everyone. If taking Abraham and NOT Howard gets you Ngongba guaranteed, versus taking Howard and you maybe get Ngongba, which one do you take?
Was thinking the same thing - I think you take Abraham if it locks up Ngongba. Like Howard more but could really use a Center next year who can play minutes immediately with Clingan gone.

Reaction Score
Ngongba, Nowell, Betsy, Howard would be a fantastic group. Such a well balanced group there.
Would be great. We would have to hit the portal hard for guards though. Castle, Newton, Spemcer all will be gone. Nowell, Solo, and a bench player in Diarra would be only backcourt options. 3 guards is not enough and not nearly enough ball handling.

Reaction Score
Tough tough call. I LOVE Ngongba’s talent. But this is why I think the staff would take 5 commits over dipping deeper in the portal. Assuming Castle is a one and done in that scenario of course.

Reaction Score
Howard. I think he’s the best player we’re recruiting by a solid margin.
I saw a 24 mock the other day that had Howard at 23. I found that so interesting because his "ranking" doesn't reflect that. Personally I think he's vastly underrated as well. However, Ngongba is an elite player. And a big. It's a tough decision. But it may not have to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom