Emmert is very concerned | The Boneyard

Emmert is very concerned

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I read remarks that he made yesterday
He is "deeply concerned" that the public has a low level of respect for the NCAA
What the hell does he expect when UNC, Zona, Kansas and others are seemingly skating by while selective low end and no P5 schools are getting hit with sanctions. Evidence is clear as day but no action is taken.
This guy and his board are jokers and should be kicked out - if not - abolish the NCAA

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Well it took him a while but it seems like he effed up the NCAA, just like he effed up every institution he has ever been in charge of. You have to admire his constancy.
He's one of the only people I'm aware of where I wouldn't mind bad things happening to him and he probably has the most smug punchable face I've ever seen.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He's one of the only people I'm aware of where I wouldn't mind bad things happening to him and he probably has the most smug punchable face I've ever seen.
Bad karma SJ. Agree regarding the punchable face thing though.

Reaction Score
Bad karma SJ. Agree regarding the punchable face thing though.
Not physically but a little financial ruin where he barely scrapes by would be karma. The guy has been screwing over people his whole life

Reaction Score
Emmert saying he is very concerned is akin to the owners of the Cleveland Browns and Washington Redskins saying they are going to make changes next year that will put them in contention for the Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
Emmert should be scared. This isn’t like one of those UNC cheating scandals where he can get wasted, pull a decision out of the hat and if people don’t like it who cares. This will take a lot of money away from the power 5 schools (aka his bosses) which will put his nice cushy job of doing nothing in danger. Thing is, if he was proactive about paying athletes in some way, that could’ve lessened the damage a lot.

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
Of course, he's concerned. The game is changing. The NCAA has made mistake after mistake after mistake. All of the top players are going to choose to pursue other avenues in both football and basketball if at all possible. The NCAA brand is getting more and more diluted and everything trashes them constantly.

They protect the money makers and hammer the little guy constantly. It's a joke. The NCAA is a joke.

Reaction Score
The NCAA provides value to lots of student athletes I am sure but thier governace is horrible corrupt. I saw that there was an article about a new org reppacing the NCAA and wouod be about $$$ versus student/athlete model and I am not really sure which is worse.

Reaction Score
Of course, he's concerned. The game is changing. The NCAA has made mistake after mistake after mistake. All of the top players are going to choose to pursue other avenues in both football and basketball if at all possible. The NCAA brand is getting more and more diluted and everything trashes them constantly.

They protect the money makers and hammer the little guy constantly. It's a joke. The NCAA is a joke.
NCAA sold its soul to the P5 for more revenue and lost its footing. They should have never allowed the NCAA brand to be a sanction for the playoff cartel. The “NCAA College Football Championship” is the ace in the hole and any conferences that attempt to use or ride on the mark by creating their own opt-out organization can be hammered and shutdown. The other rules that need implementing is capping total $$ for name image and likeness.

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
NCAA sold its soul to the P5 for more revenue and lost its footing. They should have never allowed the NCAA brand to be a sanction for the playoff cartel. The “NCAA College Football Championship” is the ace in the hole and any conferences that attempt to use or ride on the mark by creating their own opt-out organization can be hammered and shutdown. The other rules that need implementing is capping total $$ for name image and likeness.

How do you cap total compensation for image and likeness? Seems like it'd be back in court in 5-10 years for cap removal lol.

Also, the thing about hammered and shutdown is that it wouldn't work.

If the "big boys" are gonna make a move they will do it together. None of the middle brands will make a move without the "big boys". It's all a moot point.

If anything happens, it will be a mass split from the NCAA consisting of about 65-75ish schools.

Reaction Score
How do you cap total compensation for image and likeness? Seems like it'd be back in court in 5-10 years for cap removal lol.

Also, the thing about hammered and shutdown is that it wouldn't work.

If the "big boys" are gonna make a move they will do it together. None of the middle brands will make a move without the "big boys". It's all a moot point.

If anything happens, it will be a mass split from the NCAA consisting of about 65-75ish schools.
You control it the old fashioned way... income reporting. If they make more than a cap, the school pays a penalty.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is a paper tiger
PAPERTIGER.jpg
PAPERTIGER.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads