Elite 8 | The Boneyard

Elite 8

Reaction Score
I turned it on with OSU within 6 pts of SC in the 4th. They scored 1 basket and that was it when I turned it off with 30 secs to go. Good effort, but SC closed them out.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Honestly, how does Dawn keep half of her team from transferring out in this current age of portal madness? For several years now she's had multiple players who would start anywhere else, content to wait even 2 years to be a starter. Winning is great, but it's just so unusual compared to everywhere else.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Uh oh PDX. The 3 point arc is not the same on the 2 ends of the floor. How do you screw that up? Both coaches said fine let's just play the game.

Reaction Score
Sooo… in Portland one 3 point line is further than the other

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon St.'s opponents almost always shoot below their average. SC was only 33% today, but 22 O boards and a whole bunch more FGA.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Is there a better pair of guards than Rivers and James? You'd have a very hard time convincing me otherwise.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Nice to see Taylor Jones back on the court.

Reaction Score
Honestly, how does Dawn keep half of her team from transferring out in this current age of portal madness? For several years now she's had multiple players who would start anywhere else, content to wait even 2 years to be a starter. Winning is great, but it's just so unusual compared to everywhere else.
It's a family atmosphere she creates and they all love being together and playing together...also the starters before them waited, dawn also says you earn PT it's not given. Not to mention SC has the best coaching staff in the game. Dawn Boyer Law are amazing.

Reaction Score
38 bench points for SC. That's usually a strength for OSU, but nobody has bench depth like the Gamecocks do.

My best guess would be.........38 bench points for SC??? They do get opportunities to play, don't they? They just had a freshman reserve lead the team in scoring in a NCAAT Elite Eight game, and that freshman's name is NOT Milaysia........

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Even though the bench is obviously utilized, it still takes a remarkable amount of buy in. Rivers is the only significant outgoing transfer I can think of in recent years.

Reaction Score
It's a family atmosphere she creates and they all love being together and playing together...also the starters before them waited, dawn also says you earn PT it's not given. Not to mention SC has the best coaching staff in the game. Dawn Boyer Law are amazing.
I agree with this. I really appreciate and enjoy watching this sc team. Everyone is involved and gets an opportunity to make an impact. Like Chloe kitts got her touches, Fulwiley got her touches, Paopao got her touches. So even though it must be hard to not get big minutes, it's not like 8 or 9 players are not involved. I wish more coaches coached like this. I get that the SC bench were like McDonald's all Americans in hs but still.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well James has really cooled off but just hit a big one. Texas has creeped back into the game but running out of time.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Scott Rueck may be in for a long offseason. Will be interested to see if he can keep the OSU core together.

It's a much harder sell to get high level players excited to play in the WCC compared to the Pac 12. Rueck is a good coach but this will undoubtedly be a stark adjustment.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm gonna risk jinxing it. Congrats to Coach Moore and the Wolfpack. I thought they were bound for the Final 4 a few years ago. Didn't work out, but broke thru with a totally different group of players.

I thought Vic + Texas was going to equal a steady run of trips to the FF. Hasn't happened yet.

Reaction Score
That final four hump for Texas... Great season by them though.

Flip side, it's amazing that it's this nc state team that gets over the hump. Congrats to them and to their fans like @LETTERL . River Baldwin was a beast, solid post moves, really outplayed Gaston. I think Taylor Jones should've started but I get it.

Reaction Score
So happy for NC STate to finally break through after a disappointing few years in the tournament

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Congratulations State. Way to represent the Triangle.

Apparently wolves love Ribeye Steaks.

grey-wolf-eating-meat-in-the-forest-2BKCF2C.jpg

Attachments

• grey-wolf-eating-meat-in-the-forest-2BKCF2C.jpg
    grey-wolf-eating-meat-in-the-forest-2BKCF2C.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 22

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads