Elite 8 thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 thread

Reaction Score
Watching Kansas dismantle Miami shows me just how far away we are to being back there.
I honestly don’t think we’re that far. Add Bouk to this years roster and we’re there. Jalen Gaffney playing to his thought potential and we’re there. We aren’t far

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I dislike Duke and Kansas as much as the next person, and I get that they generally have really good/great talent, but man they are both fun to watch. I feel like watching us the last 5-10 years is like watching paint dry. Yes, I fully understand we have won playing that way but it is just so ugly at times.
If it wasn’t for the names on the front of the jersey it would be really a enjoyable final.

It’s just wild how loose and offensively focused these final 4 teams are playing (yeah nova only scored 50 but they are the most efficient offensive team in the country).

Please get us shooters for next years team.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If it wasn’t for the names on the front of the jersey it would be really a enjoyable final.

It’s just wild how loose and offensively focused these final 4 teams are playing (yeah nova only scored 50 but they are the most efficient offensive team in the country).

Both nova and Kansas are top 25 defensively on kenpom

Reaction Score

Shooters and guards who can penetrate and knock down shots

Reaction Score
Fringe top 30 team from Nov to March.
Ahhhh I disagree. We finished top 3 in a very good conference. We were very clearly and solidly a top 20 team in my opinion. A very clear step above Marquette, seton Hall, creighton(except the last 2 weeks). We just were a clear step below the top 10-15 teams. So 16-20(a second weekend team) was about how we performed. The first round loss puts a mean spaghetti stain on the entire season I think. But we played to expectations

Reaction Score
1 for 20 attempts from beyond the arc is abysmal.
Arizona had better athleticism than Nova but nowhere near the discipline.
Hurley said two things in the pregame that were on the money,
Nova makes less mistakes than your going to make and if you let them jump out to a lead coming back is extremely difficult. This was a pretty green Houston team playing under that kind of pressure. Elite 8 games maybe more pressure than FF. I think when Nova popped out in front a little panic set in and shooters kind of got a little desperate. That’s a death knell

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Fringe top 30 team from Nov to March.

Ahhhh I disagree. We finished top 3 in a very good conference. We were very clearly and solidly a top 20 team in my opinion. A very clear step above Marquette, seton Hall, creighton(except the last 2 weeks). We just were a clear step below the top 10-15 teams. So 16-20(a second weekend team) was about how we performed. The first round loss puts a mean spaghetti stain on the entire season I think. But we played to expectations

Fringe top 20 team but one with a critical flaw of a lack of ball handling and guys who can easily create their own shot

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t think we’re that far. Add Bouk to this years roster and we’re there. Jalen Gaffney playing to his thought potential and we’re there. We aren’t far
We are pretty far away, going by next years roster.

Building a program takes time. Took Calhoun 14 years at UCONN before he won. However, had good tournament runs from 1990 on.

Can’t mix and match recent players. Doesn’t work that way.

It’s incredibly hard to win. Bill Self hasn’t won in 14 years, yet they are always in the mix.

I just want UCONN in the mix.

Reaction Score
In soccer, UConn’s own Cyle Larin scored to put Canada up 1-0 in the World Cup qualifying. with a win Canada will secure their first WC berth even though they are a lock to make it even without a win as they lead the CONCACAF table.
That means UConn will have a player in the World Cup. I hope UConn markets the hell out of this fact.

Reaction Score

Building a program takes time. Took Calhoun 14 years at UCONN before he won. However, had good tournament runs from 1990 on.

It’s incredibly hard to win. Bill Self hasn’t won in 14 years, yet they are always in the mix.

Understand your point. Judging by next years roster as is. But I don’t disagree. Final 4’s and championships are really hard

Reaction Score

We will absolutely be in the mix next year, this team should be playing the second weekend based on what we have coming back

Reaction Score
We will absolutely be in the mix next year, this team should be playing the second weekend based on what we have coming back
It all depends on how the players develop especially Jax, Sanogo, and Gaffney.

Reaction Score
Arizona had better athleticism than Nova but nowhere near the discipline.
Hurley said two things in the pregame that were on the money,
Nova makes less mistakes than your going to make and if you let them jump out to a lead coming back is extremely difficult. This was a pretty green Houston team playing under that kind of pressure. Elite 8 games maybe more pressure than FF. I think when Nova popped out in front a little panic set in and shooters kind of got a little desperate. That’s a death knell
Yup. Nova plays at a really slow pace meaning less possessions a game which means there is more pressure on each shot and each possession. Some players can’t handle that

Reaction Score
If St. Peter's isn't going to get that call they're totally screwed.

Reaction Score

It’s not at all fair to say “took Calhoun 14 years to win.” Depends in what winning is because Sweet 26s and Elite 8s were numerous after the Dream Season until the first big one. Out in the round of 64 were few and far between.

Again depends on what winning means to a fan I know I would’ve been good with a win or 2 this year. At least a competitive performance in the 32, but just making it will get old fast. Not making it won’t cut it at all.

Reaction Score
Bad start for St. Peter's. Missed open 3s, already 2 fouls. Refs will work hard to get their UNC-Dook semi.

Reaction Score
Watching Kansas dismantle Miami shows me just how far away we are to being back there.
None of these teams look good this year in the tournament outside of Duke the last 45 minutes of play.

Hurley screwed up with roster construction and we were clearly down a guard or two. This stuff about us being so far away is nonsense.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Agree with the first part - when we played well and were clicking I think we were a second weekend team easy. I don’t even need to think about it. But when we played bad, which happened way too often, we were barely a top 50 team. Average it out to 20-30 best for the season.

I feel like the first round loss was repeated multiple times throughout the season in how bad we played (Michigan St, PC, NMSU, Creighton 2x, Villanova). Our bad was so bad. But our good was really good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom