Elite 8 thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 thread

Reaction Score
It does seem scripted for Duke, much like it was scripted for Peyton and Ray Lewis to win in their last season.

Reaction Score
Here's a philosophical dilemma. If you knew UNC had a 75% chance of beating Duke and St. Peter's a 25% chance, would you still root for St. Peter's to beat UNC?

Absolutely yes.

Have always hated them both. To me UNC and Duke are almost interchangeable (although I do like Hubert Davis as their HC).

Reaction Score
Entirely winnable game for St. Petes today. They have beaten better teams than Carolina so far. Only problem is that St. Peters probably gets blitzed by Duke if they somehow win today. Carolina will at least have a puncher's chance.

Reaction Score
Here's a philosophical dilemma. If you knew UNC had a 75% chance of beating Duke and St. Peter's a 25% chance, would you still root for St. Peter's to beat UNC?

Ah you beat me to it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
KU settling for too many midrange jumpers today. 3 ball isn’t falling for anybody.

Reaction Score
Screw it I’ll root for the ACC party to be crashed and worry about Dukes easy path later.

Reaction Score

Easy one.

In a world where the big get bigger, disregard the rules, and eat the small, its St Peter's all the way. Final four appearance would be one of the greatest sports stories of recent decades. Besides 25% doesn't mean they can't win another.

Stick to the Amazon's and Power conferences of the world. Stick it to the man.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I would have no problem rooting like hell for unc to smack Duke in coach k’s final game then either nova or Miami to do the same to unc in the final.

A Duke or KU title would be by far the most unfortunate in my book.

Obviously a St Pete’s win tonight would be great but would much prefer Duke not win it all than St Pete to win only one more.

Reaction Score
In this tournament there are a few things that matter A LOT.

Are you healthy and do you have some depth?
Do you have at least 2 quality guards?
Can you make at least a decent percentage of your open looks?
Who is your Coach and how have you prepared for each matchup?

It's pretty clear that the teams left have generally met most of those criteria to be successful. A team like Villanova will have the most difficult obstacle moving forward Justin Moore's injury. They have a short bench to begin with and that puts a lot of pressure on the other guys and their coach to overcome. If Jay Wright can pull this off it might be his greatest accomplishment as a top level coach. But it's hard to count out Wright and Collin Gillespie.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Free shooting has been dreadful for KU. Crowd is into it now. Chicago definitely an advantage.

Reaction Score
Christian Braun's dad was next to us at the bar on Friday in a Braun jersey, he's huge. 6'8 and built, the guy next to him was a lot taller. Clearly a former player and had to be 7 footer.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Laranagga coached George Mason over UConn in the Elite 8 game 16 years ago yesterday.... Hope he can pull it off against KS again today

That’s why I can’t root for them. Lol

I’m petty though

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Anybody else watching this? This is what I meant when I said they played soft in the first half. This is more like it. KU normally an aggressive team on offense. Crowd helps.

UConn needs to do more of this with the long passes ahead and aggressive moves before the defense is set.

Reaction Score
That was a dagger.

Plenty of time left. Not a dagger. and we seen many comebacks this early in the 2nd half.

But does Miami have what it takes to come back from this? Hmm. not sure

I don't want them to come back either. lol

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Anybody else think Wilson has a similar game to Andre Jackson, but with a much better outside shot? He can’t buy a basket today but 9 boards and he pushes the pace.

Reaction Score
6, 7, 8 points, Miami could come back from that. But this is an avalanche and they aren't going to be able to answer it without Kansas helping out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom