• Maryland/Virginia Tech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Carolina/Ohio State

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Maryland/Ohio State

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
If I was a VaTech fan I would be concerned about tOSU press after not handling Tenn's very well and the disruption the Buckeyes caused a veteran UConn squad.

SoCar runs the table so it is just "next victim please".

Reaction Score
If I was a VaTech fan I would be concerned about tOSU press after not handling Tenn's very well and the disruption the Buckeyes caused a veteran UConn squad.

SoCar runs the table so it is just "next victim please".
So if ur Kenny Brooks can u put in Ashley Owusu. The ship seems to have sailed but playing 6 against that type of pressure seems rough. Also if you've watched VT they've kinda struggled with the press all year. I think it's the only time where Amoore being 5'6 really hurts her. But with Traylor, Amoore, Owusu and Soule as competent ball handlers, I'd like my chances. But replacing Owusu with King, I'm not so sure. Also, I think the program has grown but there's no guarantee you are getting back to this point. Especially with Kitley leaving and the other 5th year starters definitely leaving. And it would be a nod to Owusus character and she seems like she loves to play, so idk.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
I think MD has a better shot at SC than Iowa/Louisville will in the next game. All will get killed on the glass (no way around that) but MD's ability to spread the floor and play 5-out will more challenging for SC to guard. Defensively I expect the MD perimeter defense to take a lot of risks to try to force turnovers. It will certainly give up some easy layups, but letting the ball get into the paint to begin with would pretty much be an automatic two points regardless.

SC wins but not by double digits.

Reaction Score
I think MD has a better shot at SC than Iowa/Louisville will in the next game. All will get killed on the glass (no way around that) but MD's ability to spread the floor and play 5-out will more challenging for SC to guard. Defensively I expect the MD perimeter defense to take a lot of risks to try to force turnovers. It will certainly give up some easy layups, but letting the ball get into the paint to begin with would pretty much be an automatic two points regardless.

SC wins but not by double digits.
Maryland shot 30% and was -23 on the boards in the first meeting.

They did turn SC over 20 times so circle that, but the Gamecocks are a whole lot more settled at PG than they were on Nov 11.

I guess committed trapping is one thing SCar hasn't seen a whole lot of. Hasn't seemed too effective when it's been employed but I think winning the turnover battle decisively is probably on the opponent's keys to an upset.

Keep the rebounding margin reasonable, hit a lot of threes, turn SCar over a lot on a bad offensive night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom