Edsall v. Ethics Board | The Boneyard

Edsall v. Ethics Board

C

Chief00

It would not have been the worse thing in the World if Danny brought a relative or two with him. When will this state ever get with D1 athletics?

Having these hearings going on during the football season when they have had all year to correct their ethics board screw-up - is another upsetting thing to Chief. Where do these Ethics Board losers come from?

Cory is qualified and is a good performer except for those stupid famous quote tweets he does for his Dad.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It would not have been the worse thing in the World if Danny brought a relative or two with him. When will this state ever get with D1 athletics?

Having these hearings going on during the football season when they have had all year to correct their ethics board screw-up - is another upsetting thing to Chief. Where do these Ethics Board losers come from?

Cory is qualified and is a good performer except for those stupid famous quote tweets he does for his Dad.

Corey does that? Those quotes are less than stellar. I assume those are meant for the team...but does that work with kids today? Seems kind of old school.

Reaction Score
I'm on the "Office of State Ethics" website now. I will be emailing everyone on the committee.
They need to get a life. We need to vote these people out. They're wasting tax-payer money on a witch hunt!
Corey is one of the least-paid coaches in D1 football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know about the policy arguments. Why not just testify that RE wasn't employed by UConn when he negotiated on behalf of Corey and that the university was fully aware of the Corey hire and put in place specific controls on his management which were pre-approved by the same ethics committee that later decided to recharacterize the Edsall deal, which pre-approval UConn expressly relied upon?

Game over.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
More small minded thinking by people who think they have more say than they should.

This issue should have been taken care of a year ago, but these unelected people continue to be a thorn in the side of UConn

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Didn't the state legislature tack on an amendment to some bill which addressed this issue and made it essentially a moot point? If so, isn't this now a slam dunk?

C

Chief00

I'm on the "Office of State Ethics" website now. I will be emailing everyone on the committee.
They need to get a life. We need to vote these people out. They're wasting tax-payer money on a witch hunt!
Corey is one of the least-paid coaches in D1 football.
I think they are political hacks appointed by elected politicians, so you can’t directly vote them out.

C

Chief00

Corey does that? Those quotes are less than stellar. I assume those are meant for the team...but does that work with kids today? Seems kind of old school.
I don’t know that for a fact - but assumed he did - because he did a lot of Randy’s social media stuff. Now with all the grad assistants and staff - maybe someone else has picked that piece up? Some people like those types of quotes - I know KO and Chill were big on them. Not my thing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't know about the policy arguments. Why not just testify that RE wasn't employed by UConn when he negotiated on behalf of Corey and that the university was fully aware of the Corey hire and put in place specific controls on his management which were pre-approved by the same ethics committee that later decided to recharacterize the Edsall deal, which pre-approval UConn expressly relied upon?

Game over.

Hasn’t that been their argument all along?

C

Chief00

How can this board be eliminated? Is there a process to make it obsolete?

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
Just another symptom of a failing state that can't get out of it's own way. We worry about immaterial issues, and let the elephants in the room take root. Unfortunately...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Couldn't Corey just "Volunteer" as a coach? Maybe the school could give Randy a $100,000 raise for doing such a good job if Corey "volunteers".

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I don't think it should end, but if we get a new Governor "which we will" then he can make changes and should. If one candidate gets in, I will suggest it personally to him

Reaction Score
Thanks - generically an Ethics Board is not a bad idea - just in this case it’s execution is poor and ego’s rather large.
I don't think it should end, but if we get a new Governor "which we will" then he can make changes and should. If one candidate gets in, I will suggest it personally to him

Citizen’s Ethic Advisory Board:
>>The members are appointed by the Governor and legislative leaders for staggered, non-renewable, four-year terms. <<

As an aside> Channeling my inner @whaler11 - what are the odds that UConn’s hands aren’t exactly clean in this charade?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom