Ed Cooley post Seton Hall game exchange with Seton fan | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ed Cooley post Seton Hall game exchange with Seton fan

Reaction Score
It's crazy to even think, but JC may be remembered more for this quote than any of the 3 titles. Reminds me of MJ and the crying meme.
hey man, he wanted to retire one day!

What most people don't remember was what a colossal balloon knot the reporter was being. the rest of the people in the room were teling him to shut up.

Reaction Score
hey man, he wanted to retire one day!

What most people don't remember was what a colossal balloon knot the reporter was being. the rest of the people in the room were teling him to shut up.
No, it's quite the contrary. This quote lives on for that exact reason. Barstool sports and other outlets promote with context.

Reaction Score
Bringing a sign to the Georgetown game that says "$6M per win" and making darn sure he sees it
Did you bring the sign? I saw someone with that sign on the sidewalk outside the arena after the game and gave them a thumbs up.

Reaction Score
Exactly the attitude you want from a dude representing a Catholic/Jesuit institution! I've got money and you don't!
DITTO....
Martin Luther would be appalled.
Yes and this in the well spread of all media on black history month. Stubbed his toe big time with this one for the GT administration to swallow.

Reaction Score
The reality is Providence was awful before Cooley took over there. They hadn't made the tournament in the 7 previous seasons, Cooley had a stretch of making the tournament 8 out of 10 seasons there had they not canceled the tournament for the Covid year. Waylon's post is stupid.
I think Cooley is a good /competent coach, the question is can he take a team/program to the next level. Georgetown is his chance to do that or not.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I think Cooley is a "good" coach, but I am soured on him as a person. Players and coaches in all sports are going to hear a bunch of stuffed thrown their way. It is in their best interest to not respond. In most cases when they do they end up looking like fools. This is very different than Calhoun responding the aspiring politician at a press conference.

Reaction Score
If true, Cooley has quite the off-season transfer shopping list

It all depends on Georgetown’s NIL funding. The talk on the street is that’s it is not good. No excuse for that at a school if managed well should produce good NIL resources.

Reaction Score
I think Cooley is a "good" coach, but I am soured on him as a person. Players and coaches in all sports are going to hear a bunch of stuffed thrown their way. It is in their best interest to not respond. In most cases when they do they end up looking like fools. This is very different than Calhoun responding the aspiring politician at a press conference.
He’s always been good to me personally and my family.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
He’s always been good to me personally and my family.
That is fair. I have never met him so I guess I should have prefaced my "soured on him as a person" comment solely with how he handled leaving Providence for G'Town.

Reaction Score
If true, Cooley has quite the off-season transfer shopping list

Talk about an article loaded with specifics about Cooley 'backchannel contacts' (ie in season tampering), NIL budget info, and specific targets that are currently playing big roles on other teams, including Wolf from Yale with expectations he will enter the portal. I'm impressed that this writer had the cahones to write such a detailed article before the portal 'officially' starts. Makes it clear how difficult it must be for coaches with free agency. If you don't mind I think you should post this article as it's own thread. More on this board should see it. Confirms Cooley as a sleaze to me

Reaction Score
Talk about an article loaded with specifics about Cooley 'backchannel contacts' (ie in season tampering), NIL budget info, and specific targets that are currently playing big roles on other teams, including Wolf from Yale with expectations he will enter the portal. I'm impressed that this writer had the cahones to write such a detailed article before the portal 'officially' starts. Makes it clear how difficult it must be for coaches with free agency. If you don't mind I think you should post this article as it's own thread. More on this board should see it. Confirms Cooley as a sleaze to me
It’s as if they already know what players are going to the portal. They know Danny Wolf is going to the portal? Cooley is a perfect for the DC swamp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom