ECU Game Time Changed to 2 pm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ECU Game Time Changed to 2 pm

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They don't deal with snow very well in the Carolinas!

For the most part no... except for the Western Part of NC they are used to snow. I know they dont down Little Carolina ...... ..... the cities of the Triad handles it better than the Charlotte and Raleigh areas... but thats relatively speaking. Down east where ECU is located they probably wont have school for a week.... especially if it stays cold. :oops::oops::oops: Where I am.... 3-5 inches of snow wouldnt be time to panic..... But if they call for 8 or more inches... you better believe Im headed out to stock up on pizza, fried chicken, donuts, and cheap wine :p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
We don't have tons of snow equipment nor the budget to deal with snow storms. However where I live in NC they do pre-treat the roads and it's effective unless we get 2 or more inches of wet snow.

Not sure about where you are in NC... but Id MUCH rather get snow than the freezing rain/sleet stuff. In the triad we are often right on the border of the snow/ice mix......... 25 miles to the west/north.. all snow.... 25 miles to the south/east.. rain or freezing rain. Its tough predicting what its gonna do........ the snow we got last month... it started out as heavy snow... then turned to sleet/ice .... then finished up as snow

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Not sure about where you are in NC... but Id MUCH rather get snow than the freezing rain/sleet stuff. In the triad we are often right on the border of the snow/ice mix.... 25 miles to the west/north.. all snow.... 25 miles to the south/east.. rain or freezing rain. Its tough predicting what its gonna do... the snow we got last month... it started out as heavy snow... then turned to sleet/ice .... then finished up as snow
Northern NC, close to the VA border.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
<<Happy New Year LV Yank, did you go to the Strip on NY Eve?>>

I was asleep at home in Florida. Had a second home in Las Vegas for 12 years and used to spend about 10-12 weeks a year there. Sold it two years ago. Still visit our daughter and son-in-law who live there, twice a year.

I would rather have a root canal than put up with the mayhem and the mob on the strip New Year's eve.

Happy New Year to you too Master Sargent.

B Co., 1/70th Armor, 24th Inf. Div.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
When was this changed, everywhere that I check still has it as a 7:00 PM game.

How curious.

Danny texted me to make sure I knew it was 2 PM not 7 PM but I when I look on ESPN and on my cable guide it said 2 PM so I haven't seen anything that says 7

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
They're moving the game to the middle of the day because of 3-5 inches of snow? That seems like a bit of an overreaction.
They don't have any plows, shovels, or boots!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure what kinda crowd they usually get for a Uconn game down in Greenville...... but I guess it will be just a friends and family type of attendance for this one.... :oops:

They don't have any plows, shovels, or boots!

I have plenty of shovels..... but I dont use them for snow... I just wait for the sun to melt it off the driveway. I dont have any boots though...... ever try to walk in snow in Asics running shoes? :oops::oops:Head bangHead bang

Reaction Score
My TV guide still shows the game being televised at 7:00 on SNY...

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
They're moving the game to the middle of the day because of 3-5 inches of snow? That seems like a bit of an overreaction.

Not in eastern NC. I've lived in a few places where people aren't used to driving on ice and snow. It's never pretty.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Wasn't a new Geno show scheduled to be on SNY after the original 7PM start time game? If so, will it still be on after the game or at the original time? (I am assuming that the replay might be on SNY at 7PM???)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Heck back in the late 70's early 80's in Washington D.C. if it snowed the only streets that got cleared were in front of Government buildings and the main roads to them. The rest was cleared by God with the warmer weather. I remember Mayor Barry telling the people of DC after a major snow storm that the City's only snowplow was broken and the clearing of the streets was in God's hands or yours.

I can confirm your story. I lived in DC for a couple of years in the 70's. They said they only had one snow plow for the entire district. We had one minor snow flurry storm. The whole metro DC area was paralyzed by a 1-2 inch snowfall. Schools were closed everywhere in N VA and MD. There was a 50 car pileup in Arlington on US 50. Put a bunch of drivers on the road from all 50 states, a lot of whom have never driven on snow and ice, and you get predictably dangerous results.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Meanwhile a two foot blizzard rages outside Gampel and UConn says too bad South Carolina, the show must go on.

Reaction Score
3-5” of snow in Eastern NC is like 1 1/2 feet in New England.
They used to shut down Ft. Gordon Ga. if there were snow flurries when I was going to AIT there in the '80s. They're not equipped to deal with snowfall.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I was stationed at FT Bragg in Fayetteville NC and yes the snow will shut down everything. They dont have the plows to handle it as for Tampa my wife is in Orlando for business this week and yesterday morning it was 30 degrees with a possibility of snow this morning. UConn will be freezing in Florida.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My TV guide still shows the game being televised at 7:00 on SNY...
If you check SNY’s website the game has been changed to 2pm

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
For those of us who plan to watch the game on espn3, I just checked the ESPN site and they have it listed for 2 pm.

Reaction Score
Aaaannnndddd...I forgot to set the DVR before I left for work..crap.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is just a cheap rebel trick to take away UConn's shoot around pre-game!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Looking at the score.... they probably should have rescheduled it to 2 AM :oops:

Relax, the team is just trying to end the game early and get out of town before they are snowed in. Snowing already in Moore County and that's about 130 miles inland I think..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom