OT: - EA Sports Bringing back NCAA Football | The Boneyard

OT: EA Sports Bringing back NCAA Football

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Interesting that the teaser calls it "EA Sports College Football" and not NCAA Football like all the previous titles.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Do the kids get some $$$?
Saw some tweets in the thread about this on the football board...

Sounds like at this time the answer is no, BUT it’s a little more complex than that.

They are not supposed to release the game for a few years and EA Sports is expecting by then to have to compensate the players due to the new laws that are expected to be passed around college athlete pay. Money will be set aside and distributed when it becomes legal to do so.

Reaction Score
Damn that’s awesome. 14 is the only game I currently play (though I rarely have the time). I don’t think my wife will approve of a new console purchase so I can occasionally play one game. I’ll just have to wait until my son is old enough to want it.

Reaction Score
Saw some tweets in the thread about this on the football board...

Sounds like at this time the answer is no, BUT it’s a little more complex than that.

They are not supposed to release the game for a few years and EA Sports is expecting by then to have to compensate the players due to the new laws that are expected to be passed around college athlete pay. Money will be set aside and distributed when it becomes legal to do so.
I read the game will not have any likenesses to any players. Have not heard anything about setting money aside to pay players when rules change. Knowing EA thats not happening. What i would believe is if player likeness become available EA will put them in loot boxes lol!

Reaction Score
I hope they just keep the recruiting system from 2014. But knowing EA they are going to dumb it down. Again. There are less features in the new madden than there was in madden 2005

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I read the game will not have any likenesses to any players. Have not heard anything about setting money aside to pay players when rules change. Knowing EA thats not happening. What i would believe is if player likeness become available EA will put them in loot boxes lol!

You’re correct, I misspoke regarding “setting aside” money. Shouldn’t have said it that way.

Meant that EA had to get licensing agreements from CLC for teams and sounds like if / when legislation is passed, players will be compensated for their likeness.

“To make the game happen, EA Sports partnered with collegiate licensing company CLC to make sure they had the FBS schools. Over 100 teams will be in the game.”

Reaction Score

You’re correct, I misspoke regarding “setting aside” money. Shouldn’t have said it that way.

Meant that EA had to get licensing agreements from CLC for teams and sounds like if / when legislation is passed, players will be compensated for their likeness.

“To make the game happen, EA Sports partnered with collegiate licensing company CLC to make sure they had the FBS schools. Over 100 teams will be in the game.”

Actually that tweet clears up some things. So im guessing they will have player likeness` as they are expecting by the time the game is released that situation will have been resolved by the NCAA. So that clears up my point on player likeness that i had read which is apparently false. Thanks for the info. Hope this also opens things up for a College Hoops game also.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Actually that tweet clears up some things. So im guessing they will have player likeness` as they are expecting by the time the game is released that situation will have been resolved by the NCAA. So that clears up my point on player likeness that i had read which is apparently false. Thanks for the info. Hope this also opens things up for a College Hoops game also.
Have a game for 360 that has the team with Thabeet, Adrien, Dyson, Price, Marcus Johnson and Doug Wiggins (2007 or 2008?). Terrible graphics now but was great at the time.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Have a game for 360 that has the team with Thabeet, Adrien, Dyson, Price, Marcus Johnson and Doug Wiggins (2007 or 2008?). Terrible graphics now but was great at the time.
I have the NCAA hoops game for PS3(?) with Blake Griffin on the cover that I would play once in a while pre-kids. If they bring that back next, my 7 year-old will have to battle me for the sticks.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wrote this on the football board:

I think real college football should revert to NCAA '14. Expand the CFP to 8 or 10 teams? Sure, but, go back to the BCS methodology of selecting teams. Human committees with so much influence are too subjective and remove all the drama from college football.

Reaction Score
I have the NCAA hoops game for PS3(?) with Blake Griffin on the cover that I would play once in a while pre-kids. If they bring that back next, my 7 year-old will have to battle me for the sticks.
Some of those games are going for $100 on Ebay. People are still playing some of those old cbb and cfb games.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much this has to do with Big Cat from Barstool when he played the game live and streamed it back in the spring before sports came back. He turned that into a big thing (Coach Duggs) where there would be like 30,000 plus people watching the live streams when he would play it. It's probably been in the works for a while, but that definitely brought EA sports and the NCAA Football franchise a lot of publicity and advertisement.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much this has to do with Big Cat from Barstool when he played the game live and streamed it back in the spring before sports came back. He turned that into a big thing (Coach Duggs) where there would be like 30,000 plus people watching the live streams when he would play it. It's probably been in the works for a while, but that definitely brought EA sports and the NCAA Football franchise a lot of publicity and advertisement.
Im sure it didnt hurt but EA has been fully aware of the huge demand for a cfb game for years. Its looking like they are trying to get the game out to capitalize on the rules changes by the NCAA in the next couple years.

Reaction Score
I've been a Nintendo person for the last 2 decades. Most of the time I was playing games, I had little cousins, nieces and nephews and now a grand nephew and grand nieces, so I wanted a system that was very kid friendly. I also grew up with the original NES and then the SNES.

I still bust out my Gamecube once in a while and play a version NCAA Football football. I think it is 2005. Larry Fitzgerald is on the cover. After that, EA always ignored the NIntendo systems or put out a bare minimum, crappy version. The Wii version was awful.

Reaction Score
I've been a Nintendo person for the last 2 decades. Most of the time I was playing games, I had little cousins, nieces and nephews and now a grand nephew and grand nieces, so I wanted a system that was very kid friendly. I also grew up with the original NES and then the SNES.

I still bust out my Gamecube once in a while and play a version NCAA Football football. I think it is 2005. Larry Fitzgerald is on the cover. After that, EA always ignored the NIntendo systems or put out a bare minimum, crappy version. The Wii version was awful.
I love Nintendo too and I was shocked as a kid when I found out that a lot of the big non-nintendo games were sloppy renditions of the other consoles versions.

For better or for worse, nintendo is really good at optimizing their space on their videogames. it's a major philosophy for their game design. and since the biggest sellers on their console are always first party nintendo games, they don't bother playing catch-up with everyone else. there's a reason BOTW looks just as good as most PS4 and Xbox One games even though the Switch has less power; Nintendo is really good at making fun, good looking games without consuming a lot of resources. And it helps drive down the hardware prices because their game making teams are so good and will account for most sales anyway.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Damn that’s awesome. 14 is the only game I currently play (though I rarely have the time). I don’t think my wife will approve of a new console purchase so I can occasionally play one game. I’ll just have to wait until my son is old enough to want it.
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission :cool:

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Let’s go! Only a matter of time before NCAA March Madness is back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom