OT: - Duke v UNC tickets | The Boneyard

OT: Duke v UNC tickets

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Supply and demand too. Cameron fits what, 8k?

Yeah, but these are Superbowl prices. What's the last time this happened for a regular season college basketball game?

Cameron's normal price averages out at like $400.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Fake news. It’s always that much for unc duke at Cameron

Definitely not. Although you are right they are quite high.

Right now, it's the highest since they've started tracking, by more than 25%. I'm interested to see the final result.

According to StubHub, the average listing price for Wednesday's ACC rivalry game in Durham is currently $4,670 on the secondary market. The cheapest ticket to just get in the door is a whopping $2,927 including estimated fees.

The most expensive ticket sold by Vivid Seats was $10,652, which is nearly double the $5,400 price for the steepest ticket to last season's game.

I can't believe somebody paid $10.5k to see a regular season basketball game. Amazing.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
When I was there three weeks ago there were already dozens of tents in K-ville in line for the student section for the UNC game, maybe even a couple hundred. It was hard to get a gauge because there were tents as far as you could see, but you would have to walk through them to see how far they go. If I understand the system correctly, one tent can have up to 12 students, and someone has to be in the tent at all times—unless the mayor of K-ville calls for a temporary suspension. There were some very creative ones, and some were huge.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
But they are students and it isn’t a business. Don’t quote me and tell me but this is the secondary market, I know.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Zion just exploded his shoe in the first minute. FPOTUS BO in the house in monogrammed “44” windbreaker. Duke one bucket in first 5 min

Reaction Score
Zion hurt already. Imagine paying all that to see him and he’s done it first minute?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I get swamped throughout the day with notifications pushing the Duke vs NC game today, with Obama sitting courtside.

Meanwhile our program and conference’s “premier rivalry” (lol) is relegated to ESPN3 the ocho most recently. Lmao, everything is fine btw.

“Would you rather win a title or get an ACC invite?” Absolute headscratcher of an equation there.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I get swamped throughout the day with notifications pushing the Duke vs NC game today, with Obama sitting courtside.

Meanwhile our program and conference’s “premier rivalry” (lol) is relegated to ESPN3 the ocho most recently. Lmao, everything is fine btw.

“Would you rather win a title or get an ACC invite?” Absolute headscratcher of an equation there.
The title people are just so clueless I don’t get it. It’s like the Parks and Rec episode where everyone in Pawnee puts their whole mouth around the water fountain to get a drink. It’s just some weird genetic flaw.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The reason you pick the championships is because there is no guarantee you win any ever again.
Not that this is that thread again but I’d take a lifetime of stability vs a 6 game winning streak and dropping programs, slashing budgets, losing coaches, unable to upgrade decaying facilities, jacking up ticket prices, no relevant conference opponents, buried on obscure channels, no recruits and a whole other host of issues. Totally worth it to rub another title in Cuse’s face though!

Reaction Score
Not that this is that thread again but I’d take a lifetime of stability vs a 6 game winning streak and dropping programs, slashing budgets, losing coaches, unable to upgrade decaying facilities, jacking up ticket prices, no relevant conference opponents, buried on obscure channels, no recruits and a whole other host of issues. Totally worth it to rub another title in Cuse’s face though!
So you would trade 2014 for the ACC?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So you would trade 2014 for the ACC?
The topic of that thread was winning the next two titles or the ACC. I’d take the ACC in that case 12/10 times. I’d trade the 2014 title 9/10 times.

To take those titles you have to be solely basketball-centric. You could probably have more luck convincing those people to trade titles for the Big East.

As a football season ticket holder and someone who goes to 5/6 basketball and hockey games a year (not that this directly affects hockey but the money would help build a true oncampus arena vs the joke they’re about to build) I understand how important a stable conference situation is to the entirety of the athletic department. Our once elite soccer program has really struggled since the AAC formed and our baseball program is the top in the northeast right now but would explode in the ACC (the AAC is actually a decent baseball league). Not to mention obviously it would bring TV funds and recruits and better coaches and more ticket sales to our football program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The topic of that thread was winning the next two titles or the ACC. I’d take the ACC in that case 12/10 times. I’d trade the 2014 title 9/10 times.
My point was you could be trading away a team like the 2014 team.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My point was you could be trading away a team like the 2014 team.
1550719763002.gif

Reaction Score
Yeah, but these are Superbowl prices. What's the last time this happened for a regular season college basketball game?

Cameron's normal price averages out at like $400.
My co- worker has been going to this game for 30 years. His tix were 1800!each. That is just above the norm for this game from what I’ve heard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom