Duke @ South Carolina (5) - 12/19/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Duke @ South Carolina (5) - 12/19/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I still think Leaonna Odom should've picked South Carolina. I'm not sure what JPM said to sway her, but it was a lie.

I will feel this way until she graduates from Duke.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I still think Leaonna Odom should've picked South Carolina. I'm not sure what JPM said to sway her, but it was a lie.

Not sure what her long term goals are, but a Duke degree is nothing to shake a stick at. For anyone who's not planning to have a long and prosperous pro career, a Duke Diploma may be worth the tradeoff in number of games won in 4 years of college. (Though maybe not a championship!)

Reaction Score

I too feel she should’ve picked SC but I wouldn’t trade her for Herbert Harrigan or Grissett.

Reaction Score
F0863123-87F1-44F2-851E-F869EFEE5515.jpeg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She said that Duke was her dream school. If your dream school offers you a scholarship.... you are pretty much gonna take it.
I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt and assume that's what was meant by "until she graduates" -- i.e., the decision makes sense with the degree in hand.

Reaction Score
Williams does not look like a D1 ball player. What year is she? Duke looked awful in all facets of the game.
Will this team get the coach fired?
Agree. This kid isn't even a top HS player. And Duke fundamentally is embarrassing. Slinging the ball around at nobody, setting picks with no contact, and dribbling into two defenders. Looks like JPM has a job for life.

Reaction Score
Well it looks like nd will have at least one team they can beat in conference play.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
another college series JPM has to discontinue. :oops:

Reaction Score
but does not always provide clarity

0/0 ;)

Through 11 games, 7 of them away from home, South Carolina is holding opponents under 30% from the floor (2nd nationally) and leads the nation in blocked shots.

That doesn't stop any great team from having a good offensive night against Relevant Carolina at some point in the future, but at this point I think you have to concede that the team has performed well defensively.

I think they clearly pass the eye test as well, but that's subjective.

South Carolina's difficulties, such as they are, on the offensive end where we have two starting freshmen who are still figuring things out and may not get all the way there this season.

Cooke hasn't quite figured out how to choose her spots. In short, she tries to do too much a times and she attempts threes when she isn't set and in rhythm.

Beal (I believe) is a somewhat limited shooter who is going to need skills work in the offseason to make that a strength. She's not incapable of making them and big things might end up turning on whether she's making them on a given night. She could end up being de-emphasized depending on the how the season plays out, but she's so valuable on the boards and defensively. She also has a wicked quick drive when she pulls it out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stats to me are meaningless when you're playing a team as inept as Duke.

it’s not just Duke though... SC held both Maryland and Baylor under 35% percent shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom