Duke Session 5x More expensive than UConn’s session | The Boneyard

Duke Session 5x More expensive than UConn’s session

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One session has Duke and Wisconsin and is after work.

The other is UConn and a bunch of programs that have no alumni base in the area + is during the workday.

None of this is surprising. Enjoy the cheap prices for Friday (I know I will), because if they win and Duke and / or Wisconsin win, Sunday is going to be pricey.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Prime time vs crap time
Makes sense to me

Reaction Score
Personally for me, the logistics aren’t great. I’d obviously go to the FAU game too, so at that point I’m taking the entire day off of work to get down to NYC. And them I’d probably stay for the night session, which is another $200 per ticket. All to see UConn (hopefully) destroy a 16 seed. Not that the other games wouldn’t be fun, but I’d rather spend the money on Sunday or next weekend in Boston.

Reaction Score
That’s because Duke actually has a chance to lose

Seriously though, that’s an insane markup even for NYC. Ticket prices for March madness are getting out of control - in 2014 I sat in the 100-level at the Garden for our elite 8 game for $115…

Reaction Score
I hope UConn fans don't assume wins the first and second games and not show out at Barclay's. We need that crowd to have some UConn energy. You know every other fanbase in the session is going to be pulling for the underdogs against UConn. That could lead to surprisingly anti-UConn crowds in both NYC and Boston if UConn fans get complacent and don't get to the games in force.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
That tells me that we aren't going to have as much of a home court advantage as people think.
I was also thinking Boston would have more UConn fans at games than at Barclays.

Reaction Score
It does? How?

Because Brooklyn has always blamed increases in their property taxes on Manhattan going way back into the late 19th century when NYC was expanding to stay ahead of Chicago. UConn = Tammany Hall as far as a Brooklynite is concerned.

I am mostly kidding here.

Mostly.

Reaction Score
So you are comparing:

12:15 start: 9 Northwestern vs. 8 FAU and 1 UConn vs 16 Stetson

vs

7 PM start: 13 Vermont vs. 4 Duke and 12 James Madison vs 5 Wisconsin

First group has 2 teams from Florida and one from Chicago vs. 1 from Vermont (5.5 hour drive) and 1 from Virginia (5.5 hour drive) plus Duke and Wisconsin with big followings.

Plus you have the afternoon games vs night games and the night games will be more interesting.

Reaction Score
It does? How?
If UConn fans were buying up all the tix, then prices wouldn't be so cheap. Brooklyn tougher to get to than Manhattan from CT. People have to work.

People spent money on BET and will on Boston, taking a pass on Brooklyn. We'll see. I'm going on Friday.

I expect a better turnout on Sunday, if we make it.

Reaction Score
thanks for letting me know that uconn tickets are only $50 bucks. (I purchases second round, but found 1st round too boring) Tomorrow I will say I have a medical appointment at 2:45pm Friday. Quick train ride from midtown! LOL

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
thanks for letting me know that uconn tickets are only $50 bucks. (I purchases second round, but found 1st round too boring) Tomorrow I will say I have a medical appointment at 2:45pm Friday. Quick train ride from midtown! LOL
Would be funny if your boss reads the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
I hope UConn fans don't assume wins the first and second games and not show out at Barclay's. We need that crowd to have some UConn energy. You know every other fanbase in the session is going to be pulling for the underdogs against UConn. That could lead to surprisingly anti-UConn crowds in both NYC and Boston if UConn fans get complacent and don't get to the games in force.
You could have a Hurley duo backcourt for game 1 and still be subbing out starters for the last 3 minutes. Stetson is happy just to be invited

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I go to a lot of games, saw all three at MSG last week

And I'm not even considering Friday's game. Watch on my computer while working. They better be up 20 the whole game, or it won't be a productive afternoon

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It does? How?
Because if Duke is the other game on Sunday they could outnumber us or close to it, and you know they won’t be rooting for UConn

Reaction Score
We've got a flatscreen in our office right next to me hanging on the wall.

Safe to say my March Madness games on Thurs/Fri are sorted

Reaction Score
If we win the first two games, do we know yet if the Sweet 16 game would be next Thursday or Friday in Boston?

Also, as an aside, if Duke beats Vermont, I think they lose to James Madison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom