Duke and Cuse rivalry 2.0 | The Boneyard

Duke and Cuse rivalry 2.0

Reaction Score
We are in a new era of college basketball. NIL has changed everything. The portal has changed everything. DH is arguably the best coach in the country within the new paradigm.
No more Calhoun
No more Coach K
No more Boeheim

Bilas and J Will give us love. ESPN analysts give us love.

Yet we still harbor this hatred of Duke and Cuse.

I can't fake it anymore. I don't care about these two teams at all. Cuse doesn't register and Duke doesn't have the same 'Dookiness' it had with Grayson Allen or K.

Does anybody want to admit that they are bearing a burden that should be dropped? We have better things to do.

Reaction Score
We are in a new era of college basketball. NIL has changed everything. The portal has changed everything. DH is arguably the best coach in the country within the new paradigm.
No more Calhoun
No more Coach K
No more Boeheim

I can't fake it anymore. I don't care about these two teams at all. Cuse doesn't register and Duke doesn't have the same 'Dookiness' it had with Grayson Allen or K.

Does anybody want to admit that they are bearing a burden that should be dropped? We have better things to do.
I know what you're saying. It's more like a hatred in theory than in practice. Do you still hate something if you never think about it?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
No more Calhoun
No more Coach K
No more Boeheim

Burden? It isn't a burden if you enjoy doing it.

Reaction Score
I greatly dislike Duke but am comforted by the fact that Scheyer is going to squander immense talents. And my Cuse hate makes me happy. Just go over to their board and try it yourself. They are so hopeless and pathetic and it is a thing of beauty.

Reaction Score
I greatly dislike Duke but am comforted by the fact that Scheyer is going to squander immense talents. And my Cuse hate makes me happy. Just go over to their board and try it yourself. They are so hopeless and pathetic and it is a thing of beauty.
I'm waiting for Scheyer to underperform with next year's team and then after Flagg leaves for the NBA, for someone in his camp to say he should have gone with UConn. Step 3 ... profit. .. if there is still an NCAA by then.

Reaction Score
The thing with the Fruit is that they reveled in our “demise” when we were overlooked in the ACC expansion so it is enjoyable just witnessing the karma biting them in the ass
^^^ THIS ^^^
1707093390300.png

Read their board now. Many of their hoops fans miss Big East basketball.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Our rivalries with those schools sort of simmer under the surface as the quality of the programs ebb and flow (not really applicable to duke I guess). If we meet either Duke or Cuse at the right time on the biggest stage, it’s always gonna be electric.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No more Calhoun
No more Coach K
No more Boeheim

Nope. Good for you but nope.

Duke just beat us head to head for 2 recruits. I hope an asteroid hits Cameron.

Reaction Score
Don’t deprive me of that delicious, sweet schadenfreude. I literally sang the Avenue Q song last night when I saw the beat down Wake put on Univ of Southern Canada. That board bathed in our misery during the last few years of the Ollie era. They couldn’t help themselves. But the last almost 24 hours has been a collective meltdown over at Syracusefan. And I am loving it.

Oh, duck Fuke.

Reaction Score
Anybody else watch when Scheyer was miked up in the huddle vs UNC? He was full of “you knows” and ums. That was after listening to Coach Hurley during our time out. It was like Scheyer didn’t say anything. Flagg might be going to his dream school but he won’t get any better playing for Scheyer.

Reaction Score
I miss the rivalry with syracuse and wish we would somehow end up in the same basketball and football conference. It would be great for both fan bases and for the Northeast. It's sad what has become of the su programs. The fact that our success drives them crazy is delicious, and fan boards aside, I am sure most of their fans wish they were in the Big East.

I can only hope puke goes the way of bcu, that's how much I hate that school.

Reaction Score
Nope. Good for you but nope.

Duke just beat us head to head for 2 recruits. I hope an asteroid hits Cameron.
Yeah, but they haven't beaten us on an actual basketball court in forever.

I'd like to get every #1 recruiting option, but we've done pretty well with our silver medals.

Reaction Score
The thing with the Fruit is that they reveled in our “demise” when we were overlooked in the ACC expansion so it is enjoyable just witnessing the karma biting them in the ass
After noticing your avatar, the bold words just registered, along with one other <g>

Reaction Score
^^^ THIS ^^^
View attachment 96071
Read their board now. Many of their hoops fans miss Big East basketball.
They didn’t leave for basketball. If basketball ruled athletic decisions, they wouldn’t have left. Yes, fans tried to convince themselves otherwise, but Boeheim and the administration were clear at the outset.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
No more Calhoun
No more Coach K
No more Boeheim

I can't hate Dook? That's sacrilegious

Shame, shame, shame

I nominate another hanging candidate

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Before we anoint Hurley as the best coach in the country, let’s see how this season ends and what next season translates to. We have a national championship in 23, which translated into only 2 recruits for 24, and none so far for 25. Hurley is our coach and we’ll never do better but his recent elevation in coaching and winning, has not translated to recruiting, yet.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah, but they haven't beaten us on an actual basketball court in forever.

I'd like to get every #1 recruiting option, but we've done pretty well with our silver medals.

I think they beat us the last couple times we’ve played? MSG and Newark? But that was back in ‘09 and ‘15?

Reaction Score
No more Calhoun
No more Coach K
No more Boeheim

Go ahead son, project all the bluster you want. You didn’t go to UConn, did you?

Puke and Finger Lakes State can’t lose enough for me. Call it what you want; those fan bases deserve nothing but eternal misery. If you don’t understand why, this ain’t the place for you. A USA Today subscription is probably sufficient for your fandom.

Reaction Score
Before we anoint Hurley as the best coach in the country, let’s see how this season ends and what next season translates to. We have a national championship in 23, which translated into only 2 recruits for 24, and none so far for 25. Hurley is our coach and we’ll never do better but his recent elevation in coaching and winning, has not translated to recruiting, yet.
Did you enjoy winning the national championship last year or being #1 now? Or does your love of Duke not allow you to do so?

Reaction Score
They didn’t leave for basketball. If basketball ruled athletic decisions, they wouldn’t have left. Yes, fans tried to convince themselves otherwise, but Boeheim and the administration were clear at the outset.
I understand this, but it doesn't mitigate my unbridled hatred of the Orange. May they rot in the corroded buckle of the Rust Belt. Even my family members, all UConn fans, don't understand how I can hate Syracuse more than Duke . . . but I do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom