DT on Paige's Position In The Basketball Universe | The Boneyard

DT on Paige's Position In The Basketball Universe

Reaction Score
When Dee does retire (way in the future), she obviously has her next career as Paige's agent. If the NCAA (and maybe Congress) agrees on NIL, Dee can start her next career as a sideline job, handling Paige's NIL opportunities.

Reaction Score
I just have to bring up how elegantly DT threw praise towards Paige and was willing to self-deprecate a little to highlight Paige’s skills. That’s how you know someone is really a GOAT—willing to praise and staying humble. No need to minimize someone else’s success or see it as a threat to your own. The confidence and security in your own accomplishments and skills to recognize greatness elsewhere. UConn players/alumni are true class.

Reaction Score
DT will follow in Renee's footsteps and become an owner/GM type position. She made that clear this summer in her online chat with Sue Bird. She wants to be an example for women moving into those areas of sports.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Diana is funny "I wasn't even on the team til somebody got hurt" "Then it was hey you come here". I went to the games in her freshman year . She SURE was on the team from the beginning. She didn't start but she sure was on the team. She did amazing things. Our kids are so humble.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Wow, that's high praise. I hope Coach Staley is listening

Like I said in the thread I started:

You have to pay attention to these two...
You can rationalize all you like about experience, waiting in line
and the rest...

But waching these guys take control of a game is something
we haven't seen on the woman's side since...Dee
and on the men's: Pete and for those old enough, Cousy
(you may think of a few others)

Reaction Score
Been saying for a while that Bueckers and Clark are the two best players in the college game right now and it isn't close. That said, they would be among the best, but probably not the best in many other years: Ionescu, Wilson, Mitchell, Plum, Stewie, Stewie, Stewie, Ogwumike, Sims, Griner, EDD, Maya, etc. This year, the competition is weak, to say the least.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Like I said in the thread I started:

You have to pay attention to these two...
You can rationalize all you like about experience, waiting in line
and the rest...

But waching these guys take control of a game is something
we haven't seen on the woman's side since...Dee
and on the men's: Pete and for those old enough, Cousy
(you may think of a few others)
Well, Michael, Stewie and Maya took over a few.

Reaction Score
The coolest thing about Clark and Bueckers is seeing the clear influence Diana had on their game..like watching from MJ to Kobe..(and for Paige, I see a lot of Sue too)

Before Diana, women’s players were exclusively compared to men..now we see the impact she’s had on young players (and many young NBA players have talked about her influence too. Devin Booker is a prime example. )

Reaction Score
Been saying for a while that Bueckers and Clark are the two best players in the college game right now and it isn't close. That said, they would be among the best, but probably not the best in many other years: Ionescu, Wilson, Mitchell, Plum, Stewie, Stewie, Stewie, Ogwumike, Sims, Griner, EDD, Maya, etc. This year, the competition is weak, to say the least.
Is this the future US National Team? Sure could be and you’d still be leaving out top tier players! The US will be loaded at every position for quite some time!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Holy Crap! This team the next 3 years: 12,13,14. Sorry CD, no retirement for you, or that other guy.

As DT said in Stewie and the rest of the 4-in-a-row crew's junior year, "You better get them this year......". Because next year begins the Death Star era in UConn's epic WCBB history. And this time, The Death Star wins.
Star Wars Doom GIF

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
DT knows the game as well as anyone on the planet. This is truly high praise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom