DT in Los Ángeles | The Boneyard

DT in Los Ángeles

Reaction Score
1656977076382.jpeg

Reaction Score
At 4Q, 9.6 secs left, Mercury 75 - 77. DT has the ball and she just shot the ball blindly in the air. If she took the ball to the rim either score or be fouled to tie the game. Bad decision DT..

Mercury 75 - 78 Sparks.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
At 4Q, 9.6 secs left, Mercury 75 - 77. DT has the ball and she just shot the ball blindly in the air. If she took the ball to the rim either score or be fouled to tie the game. Bad decision DT..

Mercury 75 - 78 Sparks.

#1 That may have been the play the coach called.
#2 She got hurt driving to the rim on the play before that, she may have not had another one in her.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
As I watched this game, I never saw a game where so many players challenged the referee when a foul was called on them.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Isn't that every game w/ Taurasi and Diggins-Smith? Or maybe more of them complaining when they don't get a foul call when they thought there should've been one.
Not to mention they were playing LA who has Liz Cambage lol

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liz did not complain as much as usual, but Diana and Skylar acted as though they deserved special treatment.
Liz had no reason to complain. Mercury had no post to defend. Liz was too busy laughing and giving "too small" hand gestures :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, Liv seems to have been pushed out of the backup post slot with the Ogwumike's handling things when Cambage is out.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Just a hunch, but I'd guess DT3 doesn't want the farewell tour that Sue/Syl are getting. Based on body language, I would wager that after this season, she is going to go spend more time with the wife and kids.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just a hunch, but I'd guess DT3 doesn't want the farewell tour that Sue/Syl are getting. Based on body language, I would wager that after this season, she is going to go spend more time with the wife and kids.
I actually wonder what the reaction of opposing crowds would be on a farewell tour. I am not sure it would be as lovey-dovey as Sue's

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I actually wonder what the reaction of opposing crowds would be on a farewell tour. I am not sure it would be as lovey-dovey as Sue's
It would be brutal.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It would be brutal.
Really? Do you think they would boo? I know she has had a few moments of confrontation but I think the respect of her accomplishments would keep it civil at least

Reaction Score

I think you could count on that.

Reaction Score
I know that she is not a fan favorite here at the boneyard and that I am probably going to hate myself in the morning for saying this (bring on the thumbs down) but I always thought Sophie Cunningham was an excellent hard-nosed player at Missouri. By the way, does anyone know who #3 is photobombing Sophie’s photo?
She looks kind of familiar and without my cheaters I can’t make out the name on her jersey.

Reaction Score
I agree. DT does not command the near universal respect & affection that Sue Bird does. And it is her own doing.
Well said, Beemer.

Eebmg, 'a few moments of confrontation' would well be just tip of the iceberg regarding DT. As great as she was, I have always had a hard time warming to Diana. These days, her constant whining, by example, might actually be making Diggins even worse than she was.

Reaction Score
As I watched this game, I never saw a game where so many players challenged the referee when a foul was called on them.
This has become standard practice it seems. Cambage does not take a shot that she does not act bewildered that a foul was not called. Same for Arike (actually her whole game is impossible shots designed to get her to the foul line). Cunningham and Diggins-Smith are notorious hard foulers who constantly protest innocence. DeDe Richardson is the queen of flops .....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom