Drummond | The Boneyard

Drummond

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Dance GIF by NBA

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Crazy this is his 10th season in the NBA and he's only 28. Unfortunately I think his best years are behind him.

Reaction Score
Crazy this is his 10th season in the NBA and he's only 28. Unfortunately I think his best years are behind him.
The position seems to have changed, but that's a decent line for anyone (although it leaves out turn overs and mental mistakes). He's still an elite rebounder.

Reaction Score
Weird. He was with me last night.
Chief was the one who predicted Drummond would go to UConn that September in the summer of 2011. Maybe I have a lot of insight you don’t. So one time our plans fell through, tgat ovcassionally happens amongst friends and we have had great times since. Time for you to move up the learning curve.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
He’s been playing well so far this year when he gets minutes. Outplayed Embiid in their game against the Knicks too. Announcers were amazed that Philly picked him up and were calling it a steal.

Reaction Score
back to back 20 rebound games w/ embiid out. glad i added him to my fantasy bball team last week.

i cant understand why he went from what looked like a perennial all-star to a reserve in the matter of 2 seasons. he could still be the best rebounder in the league

contrary to popular belief there are still a bunch of defense first, offensively challenged Cs around. there will always be a need for them as long as theyre super athletic e.g. gobert, capela, drummond, whiteside, rob williams, isaiah stewart, jacob poutl, mitch robinson, nerlens noel, mason plumlee, deandre jordan, jarret allen, dwight howard, myles turner, mo bamba, wendell carter, steven adams, richaun holmes, derrick favors...almost all of these guys are starters

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
back to back 20 rebound games w/ embiid out. glad i added him to my fantasy bball team last week.

i cant understand why he went from what looked like a perennial all-star to a reserve in the matter of 2 seasons. he could still be the best rebounder in the league

contrary to popular belief there are still a bunch of defense first, offensively challenged Cs around. there will always be a need for them as long as theyre super athletic e.g. gobert, capela, drummond, whiteside, rob williams, isaiah stewart, jacob poutl, mitch robinson, nerlens noel, mason plumlee, deandre jordan, jarret allen, dwight howard, myles turner, mo bamba, wendell carter, steven adams, richaun holmes, derrick favors...almost all of these guys are starters
I'll take someone like Bam Adabayo over any of those guys

Reaction Score

i think you kinda answered your own question here -- drummond is actually NOT viewed as an elite defensive center in the nba. because there is such an overabundance of good, cheap, defensive-minded centers, a guy like drummond, who can be spotty on BOTH ends despite his elite rebounding, isn't highly sought-after.

Reaction Score
I'll take someone like Bam Adabayo over any of those guys
and i'll take jokic or embiid over bam but that's not really the point

Reaction Score
Chief was the one who predicted Drummond would go to UConn that September in the summer of 2011. Maybe I have a lot of insight you don’t. So one time our plans fell through, tgat ovcassionally happens amongst friends and we have had great times since. Time for you to move up the learning curve.
Drummond had ties to UConn and played down the street from Storrs. UConn was a sting favorite to grab Drummond.

Reaction Score
i think you kinda answered your own question here -- drummond is actually NOT viewed as an elite defensive center in the nba. because there is such an overabundance of good, cheap, defensive-minded centers, a guy like drummond, who can be spotty on BOTH ends despite his elite rebounding, isn't highly sought-after.
idk rebounding is part of playing D and i think he leads most the aforementioned Cs in steals. i just think he's still good enough to be a starter.

Reaction Score
Drummond had ties to UConn and played down the street from Storrs. UConn was a sting favorite to grab Drummond.
It was not expected that he would reclass in late August for that September. UConn was considered one of the favorites for the following September. You seemed to know more than Jim Calhoun at the time. He was expected to attend prep school in the Springfield area after attending St Thomas Moore and Capital Prep prior to that.
Chief hopes that clears up the confusion. Thanks for being a UConn fan.

Reaction Score
idk rebounding is part of playing D and i think he leads most the aforementioned Cs in steals. i just think he's still good enough to be a starter.
Agreed and he has the body for positioning, that’s one reason he’s such a good rebounder.

Reaction Score
One of the guys you lumped in there is actually prob a good comparison. Hassan Whiteside, like Andre is a great rebounder. Both also make real “splash” plays on defense, but their whole body of work on the defensive end is what makes them seen as not necessarily good defenders.

Reaction Score
One of the guys you lumped in there is actually prob a good comparison. Hassan Whiteside, like Andre is a great rebounder. Both also make real “splash” plays on defense, but their whole body of work on the defensive end is what makes them seen as not necessarily good defenders.
i think for both the issue is above their shoulders b/c we've seen both have dominant stretches they just don't do it consistently

Reaction Score
I think too many people get down on him because he isn't transcendent but the fact of the matter he is one of the greatest rebounders in league history. The problem he faces is that in crunch time and playoff lineups, elite rebounding isn't valued as well much as being able to switch on 3 point wings.

Reaction Score
You literally posted that night that you were with him, hanging with him. You weren't. It's that simple.

Reaction Score
You literally posted that night that you were with him, hanging with him. You weren't. It's that simple.
That was the plan, it changed and through no fault of Andre ‘s or Facey, Chief got the communication later. The other people involved were able to make it. Not a big deal, after all someone was paying Andre $130M to show up to practice the next morning. LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom