Drummond saves his kid | The Boneyard

Drummond saves his kid

Reaction Score
Few thoughts here as a new dad. Shame on everyone.

The girl in the hot-tub texting and not jumping in the pool because of her phone, the dude in the red clearly not smart enough to see a toddler next to a pool and not take action.

Can the kid swim? Obviously not, so put a damn bubble on him!

This could have ended up so much worse

Reaction Score
Few thoughts here as a new dad. Shame on everyone.

The girl in the hot-tub texting and not jumping in the pool because of her phone, the dude in the red clearly not smart enough to see a toddler next to a pool and not take action.

Can the kid swim? Obviously not, so put a damn bubble on him!

This could have ended up so much worse
Kid was in the pool for half a second.

She wasn't in the hot tub and her cellphone didn't keep her from jumping in. She was sitting down indian style and by the time she got up Drummond was already in the pool.

Reaction Score

She wasn't in the hot tub and her cellphone didn't keep her from jumping in. She was sitting down indian style and by the time she got up Drummond was already in the pool.
Look again....she was just sitting on the edge with her feet hanging in the hot tub....she gets up on the edge and is still has her phone (can't tell if looking at or just holding) ....If she's my sitter, she's fired immediately...1. for being inattentive & 2. for not reacting to save the kid

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah I didn’t know what was more remarkable Andre's fast reactions or everyone else just standing there.

For what it’s worth I absolutely agree, there’s no way you let a toddler who can’t swim sit on the edge of a pool without wearing ‘floaties’ or something.

Anyway, I’m glad it worked out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Look again....she was just sitting on the edge with her feet hanging in the hot tub....she gets up on the edge and is still has her phone (can't tell if looking at or just holding) ....If she's my sitter, she's fired immediately...1. for being inattentive & 2. for not reacting to save the kid
To be fair, Andre's reaction was cat-like. It would be tough for any mere mortal to be in the pool faster than he got there. I'm sure either of the other people in the frame would have been in the pool in plenty of time had Drummond not reacted with the speed and fury lightning.

Reaction Score

Yea...I think she was just not quicker and saw Drummond coming. Kid loves water that's obvious. Teach him to swim. Scary, but I'm glad no one panicked.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The danger there was minimal. I have zero doubt every single person there was going in that pool if Andre didn’t get there so quickly.

Just one of those things that happens when you have toddler.

Reaction Score
Pools are extremely dangerous for small children. More children ages 1–4 die from drowning than any other cause of death except birth defects. About 350 kids drown in pools every year. And eight times that number have to go to the emergency room for non-fatal pool incidents.

I understand that the video is humorous and looks like an over reaction. But pool safety is no joke, it must be taken very serious.

Reaction Score
The danger there was minimal. I have zero doubt every single person there was going in that pool if Andre didn’t get there so quickly.

This x1000. They both got up simultaneous to him jumping in from long range

Reaction Score

I'm sorry but an adult should be sitting next to the toddler and the toddler have a floating device on. Bad things can happen in a second.

CL82

Reaction Score
To be fair, Andre's reaction was cat-like. It would be tough for any mere mortal to be in the pool faster than he got there. I'm sure either of the other people in the frame would have been in the pool in plenty of time had Drummond not reacted with the speed and fury lightning.
True, there was like zero processing time.

Reaction Score
Got a rule in my family that all kids (especially toddlers) must have a floatie on if they wanna be around the pool inside the gate. Can’t fault her for the way she reacted but the obliviousness of seeing a toddler near a pool good heads up instincts from AD bigger then any play he will ever make on the court.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Try Again Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Love Drummond, but honestly, the fact he posted this is actually embarassing.

As others have said, he was either asking for trouble or an idiot by leaving the kid of that age there with no floats or precaution. And him jumping in was not heroic when there were so many others around that could have easily gotten in.

Basically, by being reckless and dealing with the consequences, he's propping himself up as a "hero" by saving her?! It's actually kinda sad and not something I'd be proud to share, let alone claim heroism.

Reaction Score
Many, many years ago I was at my sisters house helping to work on the roof of a greenhouse with my brother-in-law. My sisters three kids were out playing in the yard. The youngest one, who was about 3, rode his big wheel into the deep end of the pool. My ‘maternal’ instincts kicked into full gear. I took about three steps down the ladder and jumped the rest of the way. Ran across the yard, jumped into pool and grabbed him. Luckily he stayed on the big wheel when it hit the water, and it had just enough float to it that he hasn’t really sunk that far by the time I could get there. No one was any worse for wear, but it was pretty traumatic for me. It happened so fast that all I could do was react. The lesson that I learned was that kids don’t have the kind of fear to understand the situation can be dangerous. You really do have to watch them very carefully and make sure that precautions are in place to protect their safety.

Reaction Score
Great on him for his quick reaction, but this is just bad all around. You don't let a kid that small that cannot swim play next to pool without a pfd of some kind. My kid is 3 and not allowed on a pool deck without his puddle jumper. The woman just sitting there feet in the hot tub on her phone not paying enough attention. The other guy with his back turned not watching the kid. That's a tragedy that was avoided but should never have happened in the first place.

Reaction Score
Harsh. She's up and on the move before the kid even hits the water. So is the other dude. At least 3 people had eyes on the kid. I like the fact that he posted it. It's a good PSA for parents out there with kids and pools.

What is most likely to me is that whoever was hanging with the kid stepped away for an instant, maybe to go get a floatie, and in that instant kid took a dip. It happens

Reaction Score
This board is something else. He's surrounded by three adults and came out of the pool laughing. Reading some of the posts in this thread reminds me of the SNL sketch where Mike Myers is on a leash connected to a jungle gym wearing a helmet.

Reaction Score
Love Drummond, but honestly, the fact he posted this is actually embarassing.

As others have said, he was either asking for trouble or an idiot by leaving the kid of that age there with no floats or precaution. And him jumping in was not heroic when there were so many others around that could have easily gotten in.

Basically, by being reckless and dealing with the consequences, he's propping himself up as a "hero" by saving her?! It's actually kinda sad and not something I'd be proud to share, let alone claim heroism.

It's a nothing story, toddler falls in the pool with three adults right next to him. He's picked up out of the pool in .5 seconds because there was 3 adults standing right next to him. Drummond is making light of it with the all heroes wear capes thing because obviously his heart skipped a beat for a millisecond but the kid was in zero danger of drowning. Next time the kid will have floaties on and won't be on the edge of the pool.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom