Drew Pyne enters the portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Drew Pyne enters the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've coached in lower Fairfield County for decades. New Canaan kids dont apply to state schools.
UConn is beneath them. Pyne's dad WILL NOT allow him to play for UConn.
Who wants to bet a beer?

Reaction Score
I've coached in lower Fairfield County for decades. New Canaan kids dont apply to state schools.
UConn is beneath them. Pyne's dad WILL NOT allow him to play for UConn.
Who wants to bet a beer?
Things change. Pyne’s dad and many other NC dad’s wouldn’t their son playing for Edsall 2.0 or 1.0 for that matter, or PP, however they might think twice about having their son play for a former NFL head coach, or former P5 head coach, or one of the Marinelli’s. I mean if UConn is good enough for John Marinelli, why not?

Reaction Score
His quarterback rating at ND was 155 with 22 TD passes and 6 ints while he was there. With big games against USC, UNC, BYU, Navy and Cal. Not a group of bad teams at all.
Look at his PFF grades at Notre Dame:

Overall Offense: 69.1 (Roberson 70.8)
Pass: 72.0. (Roberson 71.5)
Run: 47.9. (Roberson 56.0)
Fumbles: 44.9. (Roberson 65.3)

These are not good grades for a QB playing at a top school with good weapons around him as he was graded the #92 QB which is why Notre Dame moved on from him. His PFF grades for his 2 games at Arizona State are really bad:

Overall Offense: 36.1
Pass: 30.8
Run: 61.3
Fumbles: 26.1

Reaction Score

These are not good grades for a QB playing at a top school with good weapons around him as he was graded the #92 QB which is why Notre Dame moved on from him. His PFF grades for his 2 games at Arizona State are really bad:

What would Roberson #’s look like playing at ND? More than likely much worse

Reaction Score

Ok you made your point, I guess we go with Fagnano.:eek:

Reaction Score
What would Roberson #’s look like playing at ND? More than likely much worse
The PFF grades are based on how the QB played given the opportunity to make plays so hard to tell. Playing better defenses but with better weapons.

Here's something to think about. Pyne's PFF QB grades at Notre Dame in 2022 would have been the one of the lowest grades for FBS schools UConn faced this year. 8 QBs were rated higher, 1 was equal, and 2 were worse. Equal or worse: Rice, FIU, and UMass.

I think UConn should target a transfer QB this offseason. Two QBs in the portal that UConn has a shot at are Matt Sluka from Holy Cross and Max Brosmer from UNH.

Reaction Score
I think UConn should target a transfer QB this offseason. Two QBs in the portal that UConn has a shot at are Matt Sluka from Holy Cross and Max Brosmer from UNH.
Brosmer committed to Minnesota last night.

Reaction Score
The PFF grades are based on how the QB played given the opportunity to make plays so hard to tell. Playing better defenses but with better weapons.

Here's something to think about. Pyne's PFF QB grades at Notre Dame in 2022 would have been the one of the lowest grades for FBS schools UConn faced this year. 8 QBs were rated higher, 1 was equal, and 2 were worse. Equal or worse: Rice, FIU, and UMass.

Sluka would be a great get. He can run and improvise like Shirreffs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Things change. Pyne’s dad and many other NC dad’s wouldn’t their son playing for Edsall 2.0 or 1.0 for that matter, or PP, however they might think twice about having their son play for a former NFL head coach, or former P5 head coach, or one of the Marinelli’s. I mean if UConn is good enough for John Marinelli, why not?
Forgot about Marinellis’s crybaby act. Any head coach of a high school football program who steers kids away from a program because of pettiness is pretty pathetic.

Reaction Score

Thank you. Again if its a fit for both sides, great! I just wouldn't assume he is some great upgrade from what is already here.

If they can get Roberson to regain the confidence in his running that he showed last year in game 1 against Utah State, that would go a long way in improving the position.

Reaction Score

Didn't read the fine print at first.
"He will not play football at Notre Dame this spring and plans to graduate in May"
"He’ll then join a new program to play college football in June"

Smart to get the degree at ND and then still play football. With 3 years of eligibility!

Reaction Score
"He will not play football at Notre Dame this spring and plans to graduate in May"

Smart to get the degree at ND and then still play football. With 3 years of eligibility!
Rutgers or Boston College would be my guess.

Reaction Score

I'm shocked the ND academic side is playing that nice

edit: what the hell am I saying... of course they are, he's still an athlete and if he goes on to be something big in business they'd be glad to pimp his name out. They'll accepted all kinds of credits.

Reaction Score
lol the kid would rather quit football than play here. Awesome.
Kolumbo said:

He is not quitting football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak