Down to brass tacks…. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Down to brass tacks….

Reaction Score
Funny story about 1999. I was there and after the semi final game vs Ohio St me and my friends got totally drunk and were out until 2AM. Being a strong Catholic I needed to fulfill my Sunday obligation of going to Sunday Mass. I woke up at 7:30am to attend Mass at 8. I am still drunk when I walk into the Church and see the 3 nuns Calhoun had befriended. I think that this a good sign. Then the usher comes by to collect $ and he has a name tag. Honest, the guys name is James Calhoun!! I am not making this up. After that I was sure we had some divine intervention going on.

Reaction Score
Crazy monkey drinking its own pee on Make a GIF

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
My mom and fellow season ticket holder (right to my left, along with my dad and 4 other friends) wasn’t able to make it to any of the tournament games this year due to travel.

She sends me these types of photos before and after every game.
IMG_2223.jpeg

IMG_2224.jpeg

Reaction Score
I’ll be wearing these bad boys tonight. I forgot to put them on Saturday and when we were down my son jumped up and reminded me to put them on. Then we came back and won! Lots of mojo going on!

Attachments

• IMG_3863.jpeg
    IMG_3863.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 32
Reaction Score
The one thing I can attest to is that over 20+ years, Rolling Rock has not gotten one iota better.
Its only harder to find them in bottles. All I can find these days is cans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Rolling Rock is the worst. Ten years ago I told the proprietor of the local watering hole about the mojo and asked him to get some RR for the tournament. He said sure and after we won he still had over a case of bottles left in the cooler. No one else that came in the bar ordered it. He says, "JFC Waquoit, now I'm stuck with a cooler full of crap." I agreed to buy the rest of them, but only one per visit. That's all I could take.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Rolling Rock is the worst. Ten years ago I told the proprietor of the local watering hole about the mojo and asked him to get some RR for the tournament. He said sure and after we won he still had over a case of bottles left in the cooler. No one else that came in the bar ordered it. He says, "JFC Waquoit, now I'm stuck with a cooler full of crap." I agreed to buy the rest of them, but only one per visit. That's all I could take.
The mojo Gods are most pleased by the most painful sacrifices.

Edit: I am required by mojo to watch the championship on the smallest screen possible.

UConn loses every tournament game I watch on a big screen. It's uncanny.

Reaction Score
The ride from my house down to the shore(Jersey) to our late night watering holes was exactly a case of Rolling Rock nips long, 2 guys consuming. Stopped to get rid of overflow out in the wilds of Howell Twp, dark as hell. My buddy screamed, had run into an electric cow fence!!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The ride from my house down to the shore(Jersey) to our late night watering holes was exactly a case of Rolling Rock nips long, 2 guys consuming. Stopped to get rid of overflow out in the wilds of Howell Twp, dark as hell. My buddy screamed, had run into an electric cow fence!!
Good thing he didn't piss onto the fence

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Steak fajitas worked during the final four, so they will be eaten again tomorrow night. The wife invited some friends over for pizza and to watch the game, so I will need to think of a non-crazy way to explain why I’m eating leftover fajitas instead….

View attachment 99140
Sheeeeeyit. :eek::eek:

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
Always put the mojo above yourself. Well done, Marat.
I never got on board with Rolling Rocks. I bought a UConn hoodie in ‘99. I wore it to Rookies where I met some of the Boneyarders for the first time (It sucks asking random groups if they are Boneyarders). UConn was facing New Mexico game. Their star, Kevin? Long scored 1 point. 1! I also wore the hoodie in Tampa even though it wasn’t hoodie weather there. I still have it. It’s not in great shape but I’ll be wearing it like always tonight. I also have a Big East championship mug from 1990. I thought I could collect more whenever the Huskies won the BE. Nope. Once UConn was winning National titles you couldn’t find them anymore. I drink my morning coffee using that mug when the games are big. That has been done!

Reaction Score
I was working on an emergency mojo meme, just in case we needed extra ammunition (hopefully it won't be needed). My idea required a Purdue logo. So I did a "purdue" search -- and look what the results were, the Boneyard references!

Purdue.jpg

Reaction Score
Watch this for some more mojo straight from the '99 team when they were on their way to take care of some business:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom