OT: - doughnuts | The Boneyard

OT: doughnuts

Reaction Score
What city are they located?
Massachusetts and Connecticut, and maybe more. Started around Springfield. Huge delicious fat pills. They do it for about 4 weeks before Ash Wednesday. My wife bought 30 last Sunday, froze most, but the grandsons are coming today. Those kids can eat!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Massachusetts and Connecticut, and maybe more. Started around Springfield. Huge delicious fat pills. They do it for about 4 weeks before Ash Wednesday. My wife bought 30 last Sunday, froze most, but the grandsons are coming today. Those kids can eat!

Well I have to do some research..... gotta be some bakery here in NC that sells packzis and fastnachts..... a 1,000 mile road trip for doughnuts might not be possible

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Well I have to do some research..... gotta be some bakery here in NC that sells packzis and fastnachts..... a 1,000 mile road trip for doughnuts might not be possible
I really love that you said it might not be possible to drive a 1000 miles for goodies! :cool:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Well I once gave serious consideration to driving a 600 mile round trip for a hamburger...so anything is possible :eek: .
I know that feeling. I once took a job 750 miles from home because I really liked a pizza joint there. If you have to work, may as well do it where the food is good! :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I know that feeling. I once took a job 750 miles from home because I really liked a pizza joint there. If you have to work, may as well do it where the food is good! :rolleyes:

:eek: I've heard it all

Reaction Score
In the news this week is the Roly Poly Bakery in New Britain, which is essentially the Polish capital of CT. They made 14000 for Tuesday.

Reaction Score

I just asked Mr Google where in North Carolina one can get these paczkis. Two came up with possibilities, Halgo European Deli & Groceries in Durham and Polonez Polish-European Grocery in Raleigh. I say these two because the Paczkis are a traditional Polish thing.

If they do have/make/carry them, you will have to wait for next year, unless they still have some. Good luck.

1582890353989.png

Reaction Score
Apparently there are a few bakeries that have pazki through Holy Saturday, which hardly seems in keeping with the spirit of the season. Though I suppose that if you lived near one of them, you might earn points by giving them up for Lent.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I just asked Mr Google where in North Carolina one can get these paczkis. Two came up with possibilities, Halgo European Deli & Groceries in Durham and Polonez Polish-European Grocery in Raleigh. I say these two because the Paczkis are a traditional Polish thing.

If they do have/make/carry them, you will have to wait for next year, unless they still have some. Good luck.

View attachment 51310

As the younger generation says.... Good Looking Out

hand.gif

Reaction Score
This is all a mute point. My wife wouldn't let me eat that any anyway!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom