Don't know how you all do it | The Boneyard

Don't know how you all do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The reffing in the women's game is so amazingly horrible. It's like the Seinfeld episode when George decided to do everything opposite. I watch probably 15 women's games a year and they are head scratchingly bad

Reaction Score
I agree. The men's games are always brilliantly reffed. That's why no one ever complains about the calls....
I assume you're being sarcastic, Justin. But Skiblets is absolutely correct. The large majority of women's officials are inferior to those doing men's games.

Reaction Score
I watch both, it is terrible in both. It is getting to be like the NBA, if you are close to someone it is a foul... it doesn't matter if the offense initiates the contact.

Reaction Score
There are always calls that you disagree with but when watching the women's games, there is just a huge number of head scratchers - wasn't trying to compare the men's and the women's games

Reaction Score
There are always calls that you disagree with but when watching the women's games, there is just a huge number of head scratchers - wasn't trying to compare the men's and the women's games
The play that just occurred was a definite charge on Sims. I believe the referee changed her call to a block after calling the charge because she didn't want to foul Sims out of the game.

Reaction Score
It is all about patience and knowing that there will be calls that go your way and some that will not.

Reaction Score
I wasn't able to watch much of the game with ND vs Baylor but the little I saw was an absolute disgrace - the white-hairded ref was a complete disgrace. That offensive foul call on Sims was if anything a no call. Later his call on Sims for pushing off that resulted in the technical - the call on Sims was beyond absurd. Teh ref changed the game because of his incompetence.

I'm not sure who made the other calls but one play I saw Llyod out of control throw her body in - she gets the call. I saw Achonwa get bumped slightly inside she throws up a fall-away prayer - she gets the foul call. The intentional foul on Sims not sure that was a play you needed to call an intentional. And I'd like to see Davis's 5th foul again as well.

Just awful. After I saw these calls - I became literally frightened of our potential matchup with ND (Before Nataile Achonwa got hurt - I hope she is okay-- NOT LIKE THIS. Not for the game - not for the Kid. Not for ND. And not for UCONN. NOT LIKE THIS). Anyhow the potential if ND and UCONN play and if Achonwa okay - I began to believe that the incompetent ref (or the one last year in ND) was there reffing the finals. Those calls just pathetic.

Hope Natalie is okay. Wanted to beat ND at their best. Knee injuries --- damn................

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I haven't watched as much of the men's tournament as I typically do, but other than the questionable call against Tennessee I haven't heard many complaints about the officiating. I think the officiating in the women's tournament has been pretty fair for the most part but this Baylor/ND game was pretty bad. The officiating crew was not what you would hope or expect to see in an E8 game.

Reaction Score
The Sims foul was either charging or a foul, IMHO, no in-between. I thought it was a charge.

Reaction Score
I think it's actually a huge problem in the women's game. The problem with the refs is it hasn't caught up with the style of play. So when top teams meet, it's always an uncontrolled slug fest. Which does so much to grow the game..

Reaction Score
The Sims foul was either charging or a foul, IMHO, no in-between. I thought it was a charge.

I was more on the side with Rebecca and Kara (though one I know said it was a terrible call - I think Rebecca then Kara chimed in wiht the other pathetic call.) . One or both said no way offensive foul and imo teh other seemd to agree beucase I bleive the both went after the refs during the postagme. . We can agree ot disagree. I thought it wasn';t even clsoe. I think it's crazy to call that an offensive foul.

Kara made it a point on the second foul of SIms tht light push off to say "I'd have five fouls if they call that." These type of touch plays are a joke imo.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Both fouls on Sims were bad calls and changed the game at that time, though not the ultimate outcome.

Reaction Score
I think it's actually a huge problem in the women's game. The problem with the refs is it hasn't caught up with the style of play. So when top teams meet, it's always an uncontrolled slug fest. Which does so much to grow the game..

But Sims getting that foul called on her - pushing off- that wasnt a slugfest. It was pathetic to call that.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I am not as sure as some that the refereeing changed the Baylor / ND result, but it was none-the-less awful.

I think that, for the most part, ND was getting the majority of the benefit of the calls, although some of the charge calls were obscure both ways.

And I agree with the poster above that Jesse Dickerson - the older ref - was especially poor. I think the woman - without checking - was Maj Forsberg who many don't like but I've never seen the problem with. She does the WNBA as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom