Donny Marshall | The Boneyard

Donny Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Anyone else feel like he’s trying too hard not to be a homer? Keeps talking about phantom three seconds calls on us when Sanogo is outside the key. Said that foul on Clingan’s dunk attempt shouldn’t have been called in that situation. Just seems like he’s trying too hard to prove he’s not rooting for us, and in my opinion it’s a bad look. If I didn’t know he was a UConn grad, I would question whether he actually knows basketball sometimes.

Reaction Score
I knew this thread was coming. I like Donny. I don't always agree with him, but I can see his point of view. But he may indeed try a little bit to come off as a non homer, and it comes off as awkward to say the least.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I am texting with a neighbor who is a passive Villanova fan. He literally just said that we are getting away with everything and even the commentators have pointed it out.

Reaction Score
He may try too hard to be impartial at times, but he also bleeds blue from time to time. He went on a 30 second rant at the 4 minute mark about how the Huskies could turn it on at any moment and friars would be in trouble…

Reaction Score
He may try too hard to be impartial at times, but he also bleeds blue from time to time. He went on a 30 second rant at the 4 minute mark about how the Huskies could turn it on at any moment and friars would be in trouble…
I don’t agree. After what seemed like about a dozen fouls on UConn, we finally get a call and what does Donny say? “In a game like this I say lett’em play.” Hmm, a game like this Donny?

Reaction Score
I completely understand the frustration that leads to ridiculous threads about why Donny is not a homer, people need to focus their frustration on the issue that Providence played about 50x harder and smarter than we did tonight. Not coaching. Not the refs. Not the announcer.

Reaction Score
I completely understand the frustration that leads to ridiculous threads about why Donny is not a homer, people need to focus their frustration on the issue that Providence played about 50x harder and smarter than we did tonight. Not coaching. Not the refs. Not the announcer.
Agree on the harder and smarter by PC, but that game wasn’t evenly reffed. It was one-way physical.

Reaction Score
Anyone else feel like he’s trying too hard not to be a homer? Keeps talking about phantom three seconds calls on us when Sanogo is outside the key. Said that foul on Clingan’s dunk attempt shouldn’t have been called in that situation. Just seems like he’s trying too hard to prove he’s not rooting for us, and in my opinion it’s a bad look. If I didn’t know he was a UConn grad, I would question whether he actually knows basketball sometimes.
I like DM but was actually thinking the same thing tonight. I also notice he makes up odd things that either aren’t germane at the time or just flat out wrong. I know he is a big Cooley guy.

Reaction Score
It’s called “target on backitis”. But this loss will drop us to about 8-9. We will fade a little and perhaps some intensity against will as well. The silver lining us Provo is now ranked and we didn’t take a bad loss.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I love it when we're on the wrong side of the one way street, and the only bad calls to be found are the few calls we get

Somewhat surreal

Yes Donny doesn't want to be a homer. That's pretty obvious when he's doing our games

On a sidebar, think we shot as many free throws in the last minute as we did the first 39 minutes. Had to close the gap I suppose

We need a home game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22