Done Enjoying ND’s Struggles | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Done Enjoying ND’s Struggles

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
baylor seems up to the challenge.

Stanford has been a nemesis for a while. There’s always going to be someone.

and hopefully that coach will actually be at least a moderately decent person.
Relative to Baylor, it’s pretty clear that Geno and Kim have a genuine respect for each other. I think that characterizes Geno’s relationship with most coaches, going all the way back to Pat, at least until the relationship was severed by the LV’s while leveling unwarranted accusations against Maya and her family.

Geno’s relationship with MM is more complex. I would suggest it is strained by MM’s penchant for blurting out less than thoughtful declarations about opposing players and coaches without first running it through that mental filter that everyone should have, particularly when they are standing in front of a press pool.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I actually think MM cares deeply about what everyone says about her and her program, hence the emotional meltdown we witnessed on the video. When MM inexplicably blocked Stewie from her social media feed, it was a strong indication that she is hyper-sensitive to any type of criticism.
What does it mean when you say MM blocked Stewie from her social media feed? I'm not up on a lot of social media stuff.

Reaction Score
I’ll admit that at the beginning of this season, I enjoyed watching ND flop around like a fish out of water. Quietly, mind you, because this is a cautionary tale for every top team in basketball of how quickly you can go from #1 to #100 and I don’t like to stir up bad juju.

But then I saw this:

The failure of this season is breaking this woman and I can’t take joy in it anymore. Apparently there was a human under that tough robot facade, after all.

To all of our ND folks, keep your chins up. Your ladies and Muffet need it.

She is a formidable, noble, worthy competitor. This must be a bitter pill to swallow. And this is really not of her own making. Graduated four starters, while the fifth transferred. Then injuries.

She'll be back. Not celebrating this. Good to beat ND. But no real joy in it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What does it mean when you say MM blocked Stewie from her social media feed? I'm not up on a lot of social media stuff.
Outside of the BY, I’m not really a social media person either, so here is my best translation of what happened. After a UConn vs ND game a few years back, Stewie, coming off her MVP season in the W, who was a follower of MM’s twitter account I believe, posted something pretty innocuous on MM’s twitter feed. Subsequently, Stewie posted a screenshot showing that MM cut her off, which essentially means that MM would no longer receive any tweets from Stewie in response to her account.

At the time my thought was that MM might well be considered as a potential HC of the National Team some day. Why in hell would she ever want to pick a fight with the best player in the country?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom