Dogpile on the Rabbit, dogpile on the rabbit... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dogpile on the Rabbit, dogpile on the rabbit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really, man?? Now you sound like the "sour grapes" one. Explain how you justify this post, please. I beg you. How tiny is your manhood that you somehow feel good about ripping on a 19-year-old over something you know absolutely nothing about?

Sorry, but by opening his mouth like this, he's gonna get this type of reaction. And few people, including myself, are gonna go out of their way to defend him.

Reaction Score
Really, man?? Now you sound like the "sour grapes" one. Explain how you justify this post, please. I beg you. How tiny is your manhood that you somehow feel good about ripping on a 19-year-old over something you know absolutely nothing about?

What do I need to justify? He wasn't good enough to play here, yet he's ripping the program when he transferred a few weeks before the season started.

My other problem is that he's trying to make it seem like he transferred for some reason other than the fact that he didn't get any burn.

Reaction Score
I won't speculate on whether or not Nebrich is a BCS-quality starter. We may never know.

But I do not feel this tweet trashing his old program really reflects particularly well upon his leadership skills or maturity. Just my two cents.

Reaction Score
Wait, he's an Edsall recruit?

Yes. More specifically he is a Joe Moorhead recruit. MN could have bailed after Edsall bailed, knowing everything would be different. But he decided to hold to his commitment, likely because Moorhead stayed. It didn't work in terms of playing time and the red-shirt thing and maybe some personal issues with the staff or whatever. Moorhead leaves to take the Fordham job and he decides to go with him. What is the issue here? This sort of thing happens all the time during coaching changes!!

If you have an issue with his opinion, fine. But stop saying things about him quitting or not being good enough. That really does sound like sour grapes from our end.

pj

Reaction Score
Nebrich was getting plenty of snaps at Fordham. Week 2, vs Villanova (a more than solid FCS team)...

8 of 11 for 45 yards. 22 carries for 107 yards and TD. Yes, we're absolutely positive he couldn't have played here. Got it.

4 yards per attempt sucks. The running is great. So if you're at a place whose offense calls for a running/dual QB, maybe you can be successful. Nebrich might have been better at the wildcat than McCummings. Hard to see him as an every down QB at UConn. He was right to transfer if that's what he wants to be.

Reaction Score
Dan, I love your passion for the program I do, but you gotta come to Earth - and this is coming from me.

[We're stuck with Pasqualoni and Deleone for now, and let me ask you - how is our recruiting going? That's what you need to look at for the future. These guys have but one job when they got here, and that was to build a full 1-A roster, which we were FAR away from when they got here.]

I agree that we are going to be stuck with these old coaches for now, but to say that the coaches didn't have a full 1-A roster is Stop to me! if you look at our recruits its almost identical to what Edsall brought in... And we don't have 1-A players? we have Sio Moore, Yawin Smallwood, Mike Smith, Trevardo williams, Wilson, Gratz, etc... Not to mention Pasqualoni had Reyes last year too!

Steve Adazzio- 12-6 in the last year 1/2 (.600) and they may beat us this weekend... why? he has his team hungry and they believe in Adazzio... so to say we are not where we want to be because Pasqualoni doesn't have his players in is Stop... Flat out excuses! There's coaches all over the country that are in their first year and their team looks like there in the right direction and if you like I can name a few...

Paul Pasqualoni- 8-10 in the last year 1/2 I want to say below .500 right now! This team has no direction what so ever.. heck I don't even know if Pasqualoni and Deleone know where the direction of the team is going... there just having fun!

Reaction Score
What do I need to justify? He wasn't good enough to play here, yet he's ripping the program when he transferred a few weeks before the season started.

My other problem is that he's trying to make it seem like he transferred for some reason other than the fact that he didn't get any burn.

Fine, but you have no idea whether or not he transferred for "some reason other than the fact that he didn't get any burn". So it is way less your business to say anything than it is his. It seems to me he found a not-quite-subtle way to let us all know there were factors to him leaving than just playing time or the roasting/wasting of his Redshirt.

In fact, if one of the leaders on this team (Joseph) is voicing something in twitter and then quickly announcing he is getting off twitter ASAP, maybe the natives have been restless for a while and we are just now catching on.

Reaction Score
Fine, but you have no idea whether or not he transferred for "some reason other than the fact that he didn't get any burn". So it is way less your business to say anything than it is his. It seems to me he found a not-quite-subtle way to let us all know there were factors to him leaving than just playing time or the roasting/wasting of his Redshirt.

In fact, if one of the leaders on this team (Joseph) is voicing something in twitter and then quickly announcing he is getting off twitter ASAP, maybe the natives have been restless for a while and we are just now catching on.

I've been following Joseph on twitter for at least a year now. He's one of the most honest athletes on there, which is kind of refreshing. If you remember last year, he was out for the Vandy game and he was vocal on twitter during that game as well.

Reaction Score
Nebrich made his comment based on the situation his former teammates are stuck in that he had direct experience with. I have no problem with it.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about the roster they inherited in 2011 BL. Not anything before that. THe roster we had in 2011 on offense is not something you climb out of in a single season. We went through an entire season, playing only 3 linebackers.

As opposed to this year when we play 4 LBs? As opposed to all the years under Edsall where, barring injury, we also only played 3?

The only big difference between 10 and 11 (and there are always all sorts of differences in college rosters) is that four TBs with eligibility remaining disappeared (one to the NFL, two voluntarily and one to injury). That left an unusual hole. Other than that, he inherited a typical UConn roster (including weak QB play but, again, that was hardly new).

Reaction Score
I've been following Joseph on twitter for at least a year now. He's one of the most honest athletes on there, which is kind of refreshing. If you remember last year, he was out for the Vandy game and he was vocal on twitter during that game as well.

I agree with you about Joseph. It appears he was more honest than he's supposed to be for one moment last week. Between Joseph, Nebrich, and the scene with Bennet/Whitmer/PP, we have now seen from 3 former/current players that there is definitely some unrest/frustration floating around in the clubhouse. If he respects the
coaches, there is no way a careful and seemingly wise senior like Jesse Joseph lets slip his frustration with them on twitter.

Reaction Score
It's amazing that people quickly jump on someone, who has more inside knowledge, than this entire board combined.

What he is saying has been discussed on here and the truth will come out sooner or later. I'm quite sure Warde knows what is going on.

It is not sour grapes.

Reaction Score
I agree with you about Joseph. It appears he was more honest than he's supposed to be for one moment last week. Between Joseph, Nebrich, and the scene with Bennet/Whitmer/PP, we have now seen from 3 former/current players that there is definitely some unrest/frustration floating around in the clubhouse. If he respects the
coaches, there is no way a careful and seemingly wise senior like Jesse Joseph lets slip his frustration with them on twitter.

Maybe it was the pain meds :rolleyes:.

No there is frustration - they are 3-3 and being treated like they are 0-6.

Reaction Score
We're stuck with Pasqualoni and Deleone for now, and let me ask you - how is our recruiting going? That's what you need to look at for the future. THese guys have but one job when they got here, and that was to build a full 1-A roster, which we were FAR away from when they got here.
Pretty soon Pasqualoni & Co. will have been working out of trailers when they got here. . . .for god's sake, with a little more offensive creativity and courage we SHOULD HAVE BEATEN a team that BEAT THE NO. 3 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY. Was FSU overrated? Probably, but they're still top 25. We have four NFL-quality players on defense, none recruited by the current staff. Edsall wasn't the world's best recruiter, but he was far from the worst. This "cupboard was bare" stuff is getting tiresome. There's a lot more to recruiting than stars, guys. Ask Kansas State.

Reaction Score
We have no idea if he was or is good enough to play for this program.
He isn't good enough to play for Fordham. I'm guessing he wasn't good enough to play here. And before anyone starts with the player of the week stuff in week 1, that was a mis-match game similar to our UMass game. He hasn't seen the field in 3 weeks against better competition.

Reaction Score
Note to Horde: Call Nebrich. The "hillybilly reporters" in SEC country would be burning up the phone lines.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh jeezzus christ whaler. The only BCS school that had any serious recruitment of Nebrich was UConn.

I would love to understand what that has to do with anything. I didn't say BCS jackass. I said FBS

Reaction Score
I believe Mike has been banged up and that explains his lack of playing time.

Reaction Score
Nebrich was getting plenty of snaps at Fordham. Week 2, vs Villanova (a more than solid FCS team)...

8 of 11 for 45 yards. 22 carries for 107 yards and TD. Yes, we're absolutely positive he couldn't have played here. Got it.
Yeah,his number of snaps has gone progressively down, against Lock haven (D2) he had 58 yards on 10 rushes and 4-8-36, Villanova was 8-11-45 and 22 rushes for 107, but a fair amount of that was garbage time...4 rushes for -3 yards and 2-4-22 against Cornell but hasn't played against Lehigh, Columbia or Georgetown. So, yeah, I think it is pretty unlikely he was winning the starting job here in this lifetime. he is gone, he should just worry about things at Fordham...maybe he gets a snap or two late on Saturday if they are getting crushed by Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
Regardless of whether he is banged up or not, he wasn't the starter. he was the wildcat quarterback. Came in in situations.

Reaction Score
There are a few of my fellow Apologistas here who would be beside themselves if these comments were made while Edsall were still here. I don't give a crap who the coach is. A kid, who used to be in that locker room, is taking pot shots at the program. I'm not ok with that.

Reaction Score
Yeah,his number of snaps has gone progressively down, against Lock haven (D2) he had 58 yards on 10 rushes and 4-8-36, Villanova was 8-11-45 and 22 rushes for 107, but a fair amount of that was garbage time...4 rushes for -3 yards and 2-4-22 against Cornell but hasn't played against Lehigh, Columbia or Georgetown. So, yeah, I think it is pretty unlikely he was winning the starting job here in this lifetime. he is gone, he should just worry about things at Fordham...maybe he gets a snap or two late on Saturday if they are getting crushed by Cincinnati.

He's been hurt. Do your homework before spouting off.

Reaction Score
He's been hurt. Do your homework before spouting off.
art, he was the wildcat quaterback. He saw limited duty even when he was healthy and it declined as the season went on. He couldn't beat out Johnny Mac. He couldn't beat out Widmer.He couldn't beat out McCummings for the wildcat job. He couldn't beat out the starter at Fordham. His transfer made lots of sense since he was never going to play at UConn. He might at Fordham some day. Maybe he should worry about getting ready for Holy Cross or someone.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nebrich was the Patriot League Offensive POW early in September. On Sept 15, Nebich had to leave a game with a knee injury, don't know his current status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom