Does the coaching staff read the boneyard? | The Boneyard

Does the coaching staff read the boneyard?

Reaction Score
The Boneyard also said Akok wouldn’t play again this year (or maybe ever), Cole was in over his head, the season was over with or without Bouknight, and that Richie Springs should be our new sixth man. Just for the record.

But in all seriousness, we looked great today. Everything seems better when you’re making threes. Still, it was nice to see the staff make adjustments by tightening up the rotation and not playing at such a slow pace. Today could be the turning point of the season.

Reaction Score
I agree that they played great most of the game....however, poor Late Game FT shooting and, of all things, in-bound passing in the last 2 minutes were serious problems that must be worked on going forward....

Reaction Score
I guarantee they read the-boneyard from time to time. They definitely see whats said on UConn Twitter fan accounts, so I would assume they visit here as well. Thats why It’s probably a good idea to be polite and not say anything bad about the players just because. Constructive criticism is one thing, being a jerk is another.

Reaction Score
The Boneyard also said Akok wouldn’t play again this year (or maybe ever), Cole was in over his head, the season was over with or without Bouknight, and that Richie Springs should be our new sixth man. Just for the record.

But in all seriousness, we looked great today. Everything seems better when you’re making threes. Still, it was nice to see the staff make adjustments by tightening up the rotation and not playing at such a slow pace. Today could be the turning point of the season.
Good adjustment in taking shots when the opportunity arose, rather than letting the shot clock wind down and not always getting as good a shot as they had earlier in the clock.

Passing seemed better. Nice to see Akok Akok putting in good minutes.

Hopefully, a springboard to more success.

Reaction Score
I guarantee they read the-boneyard from time to time. They definitely see whats said on UConn Twitter fan accounts, so I would assume they visit here as well. Thats why It’s probably a good idea to be polite and not say anything bad about the players just because. Constructive criticism is one thing, being a jerk is another.
Yeah we are the 'forbidden fruit' to the players. Show me a young'un who never took a bite, and you've found the only Monk on the team.

Reaction Score
I don’t think the players or coaches ever venture over here

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just want to see people drawing up X's and O's on here.
Ncaa Basketball GIF by Arkansas Razorbacks

"So ya see coach you run the picket fence at 'em and make sure the boys don't get caught watching the paint dry"

Reaction Score
So can we ask Dave Benedict if we can all share a small percentage of Hurley's annual $3 million salary? ?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
So we're going to beat PeeCee by 1,000 next week, right?

Reaction Score
So what do you know?
Fishy and ThirtyThree know which assistant coach we spoke to about this. He admitted they look at the Boneyard just to see what's going on. They're not reading every thread or anything like that but they take a peek.

The funniest part of the interaction was when this assistant met Fishy and he said something like, "Oh, we know who he is."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fishy and ThirtyThree know which assistant coach we spoke to about this. He admitted they look at the Boneyard just to see what's going on. They're not reading every thread or anything like that but they take a peek.

The funniest part of the interaction was when this assistant met Fishy and he said something like, "Oh, we know who he is."

Yeah. I do think they are simply seeing what we see. Jackson was impactful, needed to play more. Despite our shooting woes, we needed to play faster. Dan’s post game after PC was pretty similar to our takes...well some of them anyway. No chance they adjust because we suggested it.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

I have to admit I was one who thought Akok was finished for the year. Still tying to take my foot out of my own butt. Well, he didn't play much. Not much talk about him. Then today he comes out shoots lights out and hustling. AND as others said, he was smiling. I admit it.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Yeah. I do think they are simply seeing what we see. Jackson was impactful, needed to play more. Despite our shooting woes, we needed to play faster. Dan’s post game after PC was pretty similar to our takes...well some of them anyway. No chance they adjust because we suggested it.
Well if they glance art the Yard that's a good thing. NO matter what profession you are in, it's good to look for something you might of missed. If the coaches take some suggestions from the yard and it works, Good for them!!!

Reaction Score
I have to admit I was one who thought Akok was finished for the year. Still tying to take my foot out of my own butt. Well, he didn't play much. Not much talk about him. Then today he comes out shoots lights out and hustling. AND as others said, he was smiling. I admit it.
I actually thought he might be done for the year. His first few games back made me happy for him, but he didn’t contribute much. If he can hit a few outside shots and provide some rim protection and defensive energy off the bench like he did today, then that could give us a nice lift going forward.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I agree that they played great most of the game....however, poor Late Game FT shooting and, of all things, in-bound passing in the last 2 minutes were serious problems that must be worked on going forward....
The inbounding was so chaotic. Partly because we had to inbound 4 consecutive times before we were in the bonus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom