Does HCPP have a lifeline if | The Boneyard

Does HCPP have a lifeline if

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn trounces Maryland? Just curious of everyone's opinion. I'm not saying he should. The Towson lost crushed me and feels like the season is lost. Nonetheless, a lot can change in one game.

Reaction Score
UConn trounces Maryland? Just curious of everyone's opinion. I'm not saying he should. The Towson lost crushed me and feels like the season is lost. Nonetheless, a lot can change in one game.

Board "has been there, done that, got the t-shirt" already. http://the-boneyard.com/threads/what-if.43368/ --- "What if .... PP manages to beat MD? How many are still calling for his head on a platter? Is he already past the point on no return?"

Gonna be a long week of deja vu all over again.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

The answer is "Of course, yes." The reason I know this is because if that wasn't the case, then he would have been fired last week. Clearly, Warde is willing to see it "play out" a little more. We're all trying to guess how much more, but it's evident that a good result in the Maryland game keeps him rollin'...

Reaction Score
You know what, despite the devastating loss, I cannot under any circumstance "hope" they lose so his coffin is sealed. If they beat Maryland, I'm back on let's go bowling...just my two cents

Reaction Score
You know what, despite the devastating loss, I cannot under any circumstance "hope" they lose so his coffin is sealed. If they beat Maryland, I'm back on let's go bowling...just my two cents

Very few people are hoping for a loss. My comment was more of a joke in that I wouldn't give up my left nut for anything. I just see this year as a 3 win season. I don't get all emotional and predict wins when my eyes see a crapfest.

Reaction Score
Very few people are hoping for a loss. My comment was more of a joke in that I wouldn't give up my left nut for anything. I just see this year as a 3 win season. I don't get all emotional and predict wins when my eyes see a crapfest.
Nah, my response was not related to your response. Sometimes, I get tired of the negativity with the current state of UConn football. I've been a fan along time and can proudly state I streaked on Memorial field on spring weekend (not during a game:))my senior year in 1993.

Reaction Score
The answer is "Of course, yes." The reason I know this is because if that wasn't the case, then he would have been fired last week. Clearly, Warde is willing to see it "play out" a little more. We're all trying to guess how much more, but it's evident that a good result in the Maryland game keeps him rollin'...
UConndan97 you're ever the optimist. Keep up the good work for us "quiet" members.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Hey, I said LEFT nut. I wouldn't give my right nut for anything short of a national championship.

Reaction Score
If Towson was faster than you anticipated (according to PP that is); than Stefon Diggs will probably look like Michael Vick from Madden 2004.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If Towson was faster than you anticipated (according to PP that is); than Stefon Diggs will probably look like Michael Vick from Madden 2004.

Our coach is so old, just about everything is faster than he anticipates. As for Michael Vick Madden '04, I was thinking more along the lines of Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl '85.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think P is done pretty much no matter what. And I say that mostly because I don't think it's realistic that we'll see enough season-long improvement.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Lifeline = 11-1 and a bowl victory and GDL's retirement. Maybe.

Reaction Score
Maybe if UConn 1) beats Maryland soundly thus resulting in Edsall getting fired, 2) beat Michigan, 3) in front of a sold-out UConn friendly crowd, 4) get into a Bowl game and 5) fire GDL before the Maryland game.

Of the 5, which is most likely.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day, short of an 8 win season, P is gone! Funny thing is that I have a Maryland crew coming up for the game, and they completely expect to b pummeled by Uconn regardless of our record...... Stranger things have happened!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
UConndan97 you're ever the optimist. Keep up the good work for us "quiet" members.

I wish the "quiet members" wouldn't be so quiet, because I get lonely sometimes. So lonely... :(

(no one takes me serious-ry...)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

No one game can save P.

I thought he might have had a one in five chance of saving his job before the season - I would put it at one in 20 now.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I think P is done pretty much no matter what. And I say that mostly because I don't think it's realistic that we'll see enough season-long improvement.
Exactly @CTMike, he's been so up and down and inconsistant over his 2 years here. You can't beat Louisville one week on the road in triple OT and then lose to Cincy at home in front of your fans when you're playing for a shot at a bowl birth. PP's gotta go... Honestly I don't care if the dude pulls off wins again Maryland and Michigan, its time this program move in a different new direction. Every week Warde waits, this program gets further and futher away from the rest of the big time BCS programs in the nation. What gets me about PP is just the level of excitment and energy on the sidelines from him and the players (or should I say lack of). That's all the Head Coach... This game passed him by in the 90's. Sorry, I've met the man, and I actually really do like him as a person. Great guy. But its time to retire and let this program move on.

Reaction Score
If UCONN trounces Maryland it will make me even madder about the Towson loss. It would just magnify the lack of coaching and lack of in game adjustments that we didn't see vs Towson. We can not be successful as a program if we lose games we should win. If PP has won 8 games the last two seasons, then the Towson loss would have been tolerable. Coming off two 5 win seasons in a must win year is totally unacceptable.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

PP has already phoned a friend. (GDL)

Asked the "expert". (Warde)

And

Used his 50/50. (The past two seasons)

It's "ask the audience" time and I think we've spoken. He's out of lifelines and is on his own from here on out. Sad part is, he's already guaranteed to be a millionaire but even more befuddled than this guy:

a.aaa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog