Do you think Uconn ever practice end of game/end of qtr situation? | The Boneyard

Do you think Uconn ever practice end of game/end of qtr situation?

Reaction Score
in particular with less than 5 seconds left. I have watched so many of these situations where the Uconn players just inbound the ball and let the clock expires with a few seconds left at the end of the quarters and I never understand why even when the game is very close. If they don't try to do it when they absolutely don't have to, how would they execute when they really need to?

Reaction Score
Yes they have. I think it depends on where they are inbounding the ball, if they run a play.

Reaction Score
Yes. The players have said that the coaches make them play down 10 pts with 2 minutes on the clock.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Late last season on of the game commentators mentioned having been at a recent UConn practice and seeing them practice this. That's all I got!

Reaction Score
How about on the defensive end? Too often I've seen very last second shots allowed that have gone in or fouls committed.

Reaction Score
How about on the defensive end? Too often I've seen very last second shots allowed that have gone in or fouls committed.

It's a lot harder on the defensive end. How would the team know what play the offense is running?

Reaction Score
in particular with less than 5 seconds left. I have watched so many of these situations where the Uconn players just inbound the ball and let the clock expires with a few seconds left at the end of the quarters and I never understand why even when the game is very close. If they don't try to do it when they absolutely don't have to, how would they execute when they really need to?
I say we just run the "picket fence" at 'em. Apparently you don't even need to practice it. Every kid in the country knows it by instinct. And if anybody forgets, "Shooter" will give a quick, 30 second, refresher course in the huddle.

Reaction Score
It's a lot harder on the defensive end. How would the team know what play the offense is running?
Let's narrow it down to an in-bound pass or under the basket pass. The most effective player distracting the inbound passer is Patterson, and should be considered the go-to choice at strategic moments. Her ability to distract the passer has been the most effective in the past few games.

Reaction Score
Yes. The players have said that the coaches make them play down 10 pts with 2 minutes on the clock.

Playing down 10 pts with 2 min left is not the same as not doing anything with 5 secs left at the end of a qtr. Based on the response here, I guess I am seeing thing but I have seen it mentioned in the game chat where people asks the same question, why are they not even trying to throw up a shot when I thought the mantra is every possession count?

Reaction Score
Didn't Ducharme try one in yesterday's game? except she should have heaved one up (from around the three point line) instead of going to basket with time running out.

Reaction Score
Didn't Ducharme try one in yesterday's game? except she should have heaved one up (from around the three point line) instead of going to basket with time running out.

I am not saying it never happens (Lou tried one from around half-court yesterday), but more often than not, they just inbound the ball and let the clock runs out. I would be willing to bet that it even happens when they were down.

Reaction Score
Several times in this game we just waisted the remaining time. The men seem to try and get off a shot. Why not try a shot????

Reaction Score
Every team, including high school teams, practice the 10 second drill and 4 second drill. If you are taking the ball out under the opponents basket with only 2 seconds, unless you are behind by just a couple points or have a quarterback on the team, theres little logic to try and throw a shot the length of the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom