Do we get Walton Friday night? | The Boneyard

Do we get Walton Friday night?

Reaction Score
I can already hear him rambling on ….
IMG_9864.jpeg

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I hope so. We all know he’s a PAC12 guy and I hope he compares Arizona v uconn.

Reaction Score
His compliments of Uconn is not enough compensation for the headache of listening to everything else he says.
idk about this right here. If it wasn't Bill friggin Walton, one of best and most interesting to EVER do it, his shtick wouldn't work. Plus he's so positive and uplifting in general. I'll take him 100 times over Donny. When he compliments our offense, that's one step from Wooden, from the key change agent of the 86 Celtics. I'm willing to learn more about rivers to have Bill do a game

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Walton is great, having him do games is fun like Al McGuire used to be. At this time of the season. Now in our NCAA tourney games when it’s serious I might turn the sound off to not be distracted or annoyed by announcers.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Speaking of Deadheads who burned out a few too many brain cells; has A-Dub been banned,?

Reaction Score
Pretty sure I heard Bilas say he was doing the Gonzaga game which means no Walton, thank goodness. Best announced game I heard was our game a few years ago when Lappas and another announcer did the game as if they were coaching. I want to hear announcers talk about basketball not Grateful Dead concerts.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure I heard Bilas say he was doing the Gonzaga game which means no Walton, thank goodness. Best announced game I heard was our game a few years ago when Lappas and another announcer did the game as if they were coaching. I want to hear announcers talk about basketball not Grateful Dead concerts.
He doesn’t talk about Dead shows. Much deeper stuff

Reaction Score
Love him or hate him, he had a lot of good things to say about UConn in the PKI tournament last year. Don't mind him at all.
This makes it easier to like him. I think he’d be happy to see his friends Clingan and Karaban again, so much that he may even talk about them for a few minutes before devolving into bridge talk.

In all seriousness though I have begun enjoying his brand of insanity these past few years. If he called all our games I’d hate it but he’s good in small doses

Reaction Score
mute for me

don't want to hear about hiking and sunsets and hallucinating and "the conference of (volleyball) champions"
How else would you know the rivers in Portland run north. Remember, he was the first to say UConn was the best team in the country last year. He also is not bias like dick vitale. I think they are still trying to extract his head from coach K’s butt

Reaction Score
I watched the replay of the Carolina game yesterday and I swear Bilas said he couldn't wait to call our game with the Zags. They wouldn't team him with Walton.
Looking ahead, we are the only real game being played Friday, on ESPN 2; NBA is on ESPN. So if anyone is calling the game, it’ll probably be Bilas and co.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom