District Court rules against Kevin Ollie | The Boneyard

District Court rules against Kevin Ollie

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Outcome isn't particularly surprising.

Reaction Score
Hope Ollie is only paying a contingency fee and not by the hour...

CL82

Reaction Score
I'm sure the phone isn't ringing off the hook...
Probably less so than if his representation hadn't decided to try to leverage negative statements in the media as a negotiation technique. I wonder if Ollie has been well served by those flawed attempts at grandstanding?

Reaction Score
Probably less so than if his representation hadn't decided to try to leverage negative statements in the media as a negotiation technique. I wonder if Ollie has been well served by those flawed attempts at grandstanding?
Yep, going scorched earth doesn't seem like a great strategy for future employment anywhere. I don't really see the Kevin Ollie story ending well.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Not at all. He's getting taken for a ride by his attorneys, although to some extent, likely deservedly so. He lied to the school and the NCAA, so what are the chances he didn't lie to his attorneys? He put them in a no-win situation, so it's hard to see him as a victim or sympathetic figure for just about everybody, including his attorneys, Dookies Vitale and Bilas excepted. This latest failed attempt to deflect attention from the real issues hit the floor with a resounding thud.

Reaction Score
Yeah it definitely doesn't help.

CL82

Reaction Score
Not at all. He's getting taken for a ride by his attorneys, although to some extent, likely deservedly so. He lied to the school and the NCAA, so what are the chances he didn't lie to his attorneys? He put them in a no-win situation, so it's hard to see him as a victim or sympathetic figure for just about everybody, including his attorneys, Dookies Vitale and Bilas excepted. This latest failed attempt to deflect attention from the real issues hit the floor with a resounding thud.
I actually think that KO's attorney's using FOIA for discovery and alerting the media to their request was a big error that served to be the string that unraveled the negotiating postures. I think that if they got a Mulligan on that things would look much different right now. But who knows, right?

I think KO has next to no negotiating power right now, other than to threaten to continue to litigate for perpetuity. I doubt that does much for him given the facts that are public.

Reaction Score
I actually think that KO's attorney's using FOIA for discovery and alerting the media to their request was a big error that served to the string that unraveled the negotiating postures. I think that if they got a Mulligan on that things would look much different right now. But who knows, right?

I think KO has next to no negotiating power right now, other than to threaten to continue to litigate for perpetuity. I doubt that does much for him given the facts that are public.
Well there's always the nuclear option where he spills the beans on any potential improprieties witnessed as an assistant (if they exist). But then he'd really never coach again

CL82

Reaction Score
Well there's always the nuclear option where he spills the beans on any potential improprieties witnessed as an assistant (if they exist). But then he'd really never coach again
My reaction is 'how does that help him' but that hasn't seemed to be a guiding principal so far.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I actually think that KO's attorney's using FOIA for discovery and alerting the media to their request was a big error that served to be the string that unraveled the negotiating postures. I think that if they got a Mulligan on that things would look much different right now. But who knows, right?

Threatening to litigate forever is a pretty hollow threat. The school knows he can't do it forever with his limited assets, so UCONN can afford to wait him out until all his cash is gone.

Reaction Score
"District Court rules against Kevin Ollie, essentially saying his side can't pursue race discrimination claims until later date."

So UConn will still see it, just not now ... Still not good if you just want this done with, he will just bring that nonsense later..

CL82

Reaction Score
"District Court rules against Kevin Ollie, essentially saying his side can't pursue race discrimination claims until later date."

So UConn will still see it, just not now ... Still not good if you just want this done with, he will just bring that nonsense later..
I'd want to read the decision but if I recall correctly he has a statute of limitations problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom