Discouraging, But you Never Can Tell... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Discouraging, But you Never Can Tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ND is in deep doo doo, if the power 5 break away, they can change the rules to force ND or any independent school to join a conference in order to play in a national championship. All of the big schools hate the fact the ND has it's own TV contract and gets a seat at the national champ table.

Things are going to change for ND and the acc knows this and are preparing for the day when ND must make a choice.

Reaction Score
ND is in deep doo doo, if the power 5 break away, they can change the rules to force ND or any independent school to join a conference in order to play in a national championship. All of the big schools hate the fact the ND has it's own TV contract and gets a seat at the national champ table.

Things are going to change for ND and the acc knows this and are preparing for the day when ND must make a choice.

ND has always said that as soon as it becomes the only way to qualify for a national championship, they will join a conference. To date, that hasn't happened. No one wants to force the issue, because no one wants to pressure ND into joining a different conference. The SEC doesn't want to see ND join the The Big 10, and the Big Ten doesn't want to see ND join the ACC or the Big 12. The ACC is happy to get 5 games every season.

If ND is forced to join a conference, BYU will follow quickly, and that will be the end of the independents. And evidently that will make the world a better place.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For those of you who poo-poo women's college basketball on here, despite the fact that they get very high ratings in Conn. and NY, realize that nationally, 500k+ viewers have been watching their games, which is more than 5x as many viewers as watch the top BE men's game on Fox. Heck, the UConn men's team only got 950k viewers on ESPN last week, and that was one of the most watched events.

Before knocking the women, realize they not only draw a lot of fans to UConn games instate, but people watch them nationally. And they do a lot better than most men's bball programs as well. If bball is truly 15-20% of the money pie, UConn has a trump card there.
All true upstate but it is not a driver, just a plus.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If a conference commissioner ever goes ahead and puts forth a challenge to an existing GOR, my money's on Delany. Like an earlier poster said, ESPN and Swofford want there to be peace in CR because they know Delany and Slive aren't afraid to go after what they want.

Add that to the fact that it looks like the P5 are going to gain the autonomy to decide how conference divisions/championship games are played out. Who says the B1G will need to grab a #16 right away? They could do 3 pods of 5 or no divisions at all (just like what the ACC wants)....

Re: your comment about GORs being challenged, I would doubt it, for a number of reasons, especially with Delany/BiG. As I see it:

#1: GORs aren't like exit fees clauses....they are property sales. In this case, teams have already sold their media rights to the conference for a set period of time. They have received consideration for this sale in the form of higher annual payments from the conference.
#2: A team would be free to leave the conference for another so there is no restraint on trade issue here, IMO. The only critical caveat is that the team would not take their media rights with them, as defined in the GOR, as they were already sold.
#3: The team leaving a conference would have signed the GOR voluntarily as part of a unanimous conference decision, so they would have a difficult time proving coercion after the fact, IMO.
#4: The team leaving would, in essence, have to sue to get its media rights back. IMO, in essence, stating to a court: "Please ignore the fact that I willingly agreed to this GOR. However, I have since changed my mind." Does anybody think that is going to carry any weight? Not much difference than someone having seller's remorse after selling a home, IMO. However, in the case of a GOR, at least there is the reality that the rights are required after the specified term ends (which, IMO, further strengthens the GOR).
#5: IMO, to prevail in getting its media rights back, a team would have to get the departing conference to either: (a) agree to sell the rights back (unlikely) or (b) prove some sort of fraud in the construction of the GOR. Given the sophistication of the parties involved and the fact that each school had ample legal representation, that would seem very unlikely.
#6: The acquiring conference would be in a difficult position, IMO, as they would be bound to recognize the former conference as the holder of the team's specified media rights for the duration of the GOR. If they chose otherwise, it stands to reason that they would immediately be subject to a lawsuit (no comfortably standing on the sidelines like with the exit fee disputes). As a theoretical defendant, how would the conference defend itself? If the acquiring conference already had a GOR themselves (like for BiG, for example), wouldn't they in essence be arguing against themselves? IMO, it would be entertaining to see a conference try to argue against the validity of a GOR - when they, themselves, had the same type of GOR - something, IMO, a court would surely take note of.

IMO, the GORs are the ultimate poison pill. For the ACC, I think the strategy is simple, it keeps the conference together until it is able to: (a) establish an ACC network or (b) get to the expiration of the current media deal when they can renegotiate a deal that is more to the market at that time.

FWIW, in my opinion, not sure why Uconn fans should view this as negative. IF there is movement on the realignment front (and, frankly, I am not sure that there will be for a while), this could help Uconn by taking potential other stronger suitors off the board.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

And...the ACC had it put into the contract that if ND joined a conference before 2027, it would be the ACC.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It really is more than odd that the American people never mention the one school with a budget 2x as big as any other school's. It's like they're afraid of pimping UConn. Bizarre.

Although I don't like it, it's seems obvious to me why he's doing it. I believe that he feels if he touts his premier school, and they leave, then the conference crumbles underneath that departure. He's doing all the early leg-work to tout the other "mid range" programs in an attempt to show that the conference has more strength than we are given credit for. But he can't turn the story of our conference into a story of the top dog....because that dog is the member most likely to leave!

Still, Aresco is a UConn alum, and it would be nice for him to throw us a bone every now and again...

CL82

Reaction Score
Re: your comment about GORs being challenged, I would doubt it, for a number of reasons, especially with Delany/BiG.

Here's my questions about GORs - Say team X is a part of Conf A. Conf A sells it's broadcast rights to network 1. Team X moves to Conf B who has also sold it's rights to network 1, how is the GOR an impediment to the move? I guarantee that the network has the right to change the contract if there is a change in the conference membership. So how does the GOR stop movement?

CL82

Reaction Score
Although I don't like it, it's seems obvious to me why he's doing it. I believe that he feels if he touts his premier school, and they leave, then the conference crumbles underneath that departure. He's doing all the early leg-work to tout the other "mid range" programs in an attempt to show that the conference has more strength than we are given credit for. But he can't turn the story of our conference into a story of the top dog....because that dog is the member most likely to leave!

Still, Aresco is a UConn alum, and it would be nice for him to throw us a bone every now and again...
That makes sense, Dan. I still choose to believe it is because Delaney gave him a courtesy call that we are going to the B1G in 2015, but it does makes sense.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That makes sense, Dan. I still choose to believe it is because Delaney gave him a courtesy call that we are going to the B1G in 2015, but it does makes sense.

I like your version better...

Reaction Score
You make a lot of sense, billy, except when you don't. Swiped Notre Dame? John doesn't have ND anymore than the Big East did. He's made the same devilish deal that Tranghese did. Don't waste the capital you build when being reasonable on preposterousness.

Well...I just took the word of folks closer to the scene then you or me....

when talking about the addition of Maryland...

"Obviously, the Notre Dame-ACC alignment is something that we took into consideration and looked at," Michigan State athletic director Mark Hollis said.

"Alvarez acknowledged the latest expansion process moved quickly, but couldn't recall when it was first discussed or provide a specific timeline.

Alvarez said it was triggered when Notre Dame committed to the ACC in all sports but football, a move announced Sept. 12.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The Big 10 was unbalanced at 11 for a while, it would not surprise me if they went with Uconn alone at 15 for a while. IMO, they would only do this as a pre-emptive strike to stop the acc from taking the only remaining viable school left to take, the one that delivers most of new england and parts of NYC.

The 10 can sit and wait unbalanced for as long as they like. How many years were they at 11 after they added penn st?

I really believe that we will get an invite from both conferences. If this happens, Uconn will have to make the right choice.

I wonder if a ND type of deal would be available for UCONN on a probationary basis. Obviously, football isn't on par with Notre Dame's. But if UCONN put all of their sports except football in the B1G, then had contractually agreed to play 5 football games against B1G opponents (home, away or neutral site on rotation) to help fill schedules, then it could benefit both parties:

Benefits to B1G - full time membership for two power basketball programs to help B1G Network programing and possibly open the door for a NYC conference tourney; access to fertile recruiting grounds for hockey conference to compete against Hockey East; keeps a balanced football conference to retain CCG; possibility to give B1G northeast alumni another chance to see their team locally; don't give full share of revenue during probation; allow UCONN to build up football using B1G brand to justify full membership invite in 5+ years.

Benefits to UCONN - tiny/partial B1G revenue share would still be more than full share of AAC revenue; can build football using games against B1G schools; better basketball conference top to bottom; helps recruiting in all sports; travel expenses are about the same as AAC; gives UCONN a few years to build towards AAU and increase endowment for full invite.

If we're going to make peanuts in conference revenue to begin with, I'd rather make peanuts in a partial B1G membership than full AAC membership. I know it's highly unlikely, but if the biggest deterrent to UCONN getting a B1G invite is a willing and available partner to keep a football championship in tact, then I wonder if a partial membership would be discussed/considered. UCONN could escape AAC purgatory and B1G gains more entry into NYC/northeast. I know from a football season ticket holder perspective, I'd be MUCH more excited to have a home slate of 2-3 B1G teams (even if I have to travel to MetLife or Gillette) and a bunch of fillers than 5 AAC teams and fillers.

Reaction Score
I wonder if a ND type of deal would be available for UCONN on a probationary basis. Obviously, football isn't on par with Notre Dame's. But if UCONN put all of their sports except football in the B1G, then had contractually agreed to play 5 football games against B1G opponents (home, away or neutral site on rotation) to help fill schedules, then it could benefit both parties:

Benefits to B1G - full time membership for two power basketball programs to help B1G Network programing and possibly open the door for a NYC conference tourney; access to fertile recruiting grounds for hockey conference to compete against Hockey East; keeps a balanced football conference to retain CCG; possibility to give B1G northeast alumni another chance to see their team locally; don't give full share of revenue during probation; allow UCONN to build up football using B1G brand to justify full membership invite in 5+ years.

Benefits to UCONN - tiny/partial B1G revenue share would still be more than full share of AAC revenue; can build football using games against B1G schools; better basketball conference top to bottom; helps recruiting in all sports; travel expenses are about the same as AAC; gives UCONN a few years to build towards AAU and increase endowment for full invite.

If we're going to make peanuts in conference revenue to begin with, I'd rather make peanuts in a partial B1G membership than full AAC membership. I know it's highly unlikely, but if the biggest deterrent to UCONN getting a B1G invite is a willing and available partner to keep a football championship in tact, then I wonder if a partial membership would be discussed/considered. UCONN could escape AAC purgatory and B1G gains more entry into NYC/northeast. I know from a football season ticket holder perspective, I'd be MUCH more excited to have a home slate of 2-3 B1G teams (even if I have to travel to MetLife or Gillette) and a bunch of fillers than 5 AAC teams and fillers.

Please forward this to Herbst and Delany. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Here's my questions about GORs - Say team X is a part of Conf A. Conf A sells it's broadcast rights to network 1. Team X moves to Conf B who has also sold it's rights to network 1, how is the GOR an impediment to the move? I guarantee that the network has the right to change the contract if there is a change in the conference membership. So how does the GOR stop movement?

CL82 - good questions...and I can only speculate as what I have read in the public space re: these deals does not to get into that kind of granularity. With that in mind, here is my speculation:

The GORs, IMO, remove the financial incentive for a team to switch conferences in the first place as opposed to physically stopping a team from moving.

Let's use your example: Team X moves from Conference A to Conference B - and network 1 covers both Conferences. I don't believe either Conference A or Conference B have "sold" "ownership" of their media rights to the network; rather, they have signed media deals with the network in which they place their "owned rights" to the network in exchange for certain performance considerations (fees). I believe, actual ownership, however, stays with the Conferences. In this scenario, if Team X moves to Conference B and network 1 increases the media deal for Conference B; as the "owners" of the media rights for Team X, Conference A would be entitled to whatever revenues are generated by Team X in the new Conference. How Conference A divides those revenues would presumably be in accord with its bylaws, which could mean that each team in Conference A gets a bump as Team X is bringing in more revenues under the new media rights deal for Conference B. The question I have is what is the obligation to Team X from Conference A? On this, I just don't know; but I would presume/speculate that Team X would continue to get paid under the Conference A formula - which, as I speculated earlier, removes the financial incentive to leave in the first place.

Again, let me stress that this is just my opinion/speculation. However, it seems to make sense as these GORs obviously have some "bite"; or they would not have been created in the first place. I am sure there is more info out there - especially as to how they work in the Entertainment industry - where I have heard they are more prevalent.

Just my 2 cents.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/95904/del any-big-ten-mind-set-must-be-national

After the Big Ten approved Maryland and Rutgers as future members in November 2012, league commissioner Jim Delany described the additions as "an Eastern initiative with a Penn State bridge."

The Big Ten is about to cross that bridge, put down roots in another region and brand itself as a truly national league. And despite lingering concerns and criticism from some corners of the conference about the new look, there's no turning back now.

"We’re probably as close to a national conference as there is in terms of demographics and alumni and national reach," Delany told ESPN.com. "It was a great Midwestern conference, and now it's a conference that's much broader."

AP Photo/Ting ShenCommissioner Jim Delany sees the Big Ten as a national conference.
There was a "theme of national" this week as Big Ten athletic directors and football coaches met at the league's new headquarters in Rosemont, Ill. The meetings focused in part on the integration of Maryland and Rutgers, who had ADs and coaches in attendance even though neither program can vote on league matters until officially joining the Big Ten on July 1.

The Big Ten likely will open a second office in New York next month, as well as a satellite office in Washington D.C., Delany said. The New York office will have some full-time staff. Delany will spend much of the 100 days leading up to July 1 on the East Coast to facilitate and promote the transition.

"There's going to be great synergies here," he said. "They both are great universities with missions that mirror ours. They're in powerful geographic footprints. ... When I think about Penn State as a bridge and think about New Jersey and New York and Maryland and DC and the commonality, as you talk to athletic directors and coaches, there's an awful lot of, 'We're in the same club.'"

Delany's national theme resonated as Big Ten ADs and coaches reviewed a new bowl lineup that includes games in Florida, California, Tennessee, Texas, New York and Michigan. They also discussed the upcoming College Football Playoff and the selection committee with Michael Kelly, chief operating officer of the playoff.

The Big Ten is trying to reach a larger audience, Delany said, and after some missteps with the integration of Penn State in the early 1990s, the league wants to ensure its next bridge to the East Coast has a stronger foundation.

"We're so much more sensitive to working at this," Delany said. "We want to get people to adopt the Big Ten. That means come to New York, play games in DC, play games at [Madison Square] Garden -- play, live and build on a broader scale. It's where you recruit students, where you play bowl games, where your television games go.

"We have 30 percent of the population, 15 percent of the territory, but we're not constrained to that. We have a national look."

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10452933/college-football-realignment-era-ended
In other words, the tectonic plates that produced one earthquake after another over the past 16 years are done shifting for a while. And peace and quiet settled over the land.
"I believe that it's true and I hope that it's true," Swofford said, "because I think the collegiate landscape athletically needs that for a period of time. It will be healthy for major college athletics."
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10449917/american-athletic-conference-focusing-future

Nothing Is Over.jpg

Reaction Score
A few thoughts regarding the B1G going "national" ...

This sentiment is not much different than what the other P5 conferences have advertised.
The ACC ... "the ACC’s reach will extend far beyond the Eastern Seaboard": http://www.theacc.com/#!/July-1-2013
The SEC ... "This will be a national sports network": http://www.getsecnetwork.com/
The PAC 12 ... "As part of the Conference’s globalization initiative, Pac-12 Networks plans to extend Pac-12 programming to international audiences": http://pac-12.com/content/about-pac-12-networks

What impact does these other P5 conferences seeking a broader audience and footprint have on the Big 12? The Big 12 has football brands in Texas and Oklahoma as well as a basketball brand in Kansas and will be a player on the national stage with the CFB playoff. However, without further expansion, the Big 12 has the look of a more regional conference in comparison with the other P5 conferences. Will the Big 12 remain satisfied with that perception or attempt to follow the lead of the other P5 conferences to seek a broader audience and footprint and grease the wheels of conference realignment again?

With respect to the "Eastern Initiative" described by Delany, what has to be accomplished for this to be considered a success?
'Delany said. "We want to get people to adopt the Big Ten. That means come to New York, play games in DC, play games at [Madison Square] Garden -- play, live and build on a broader scale. It's where you recruit students, where you play bowl games, where your television games go.'
Can this be achieved with just the additions of Maryland and Rutgers?
If the goal is to get those on the East Coast to "adopt the Big Ten" while competing with the ACC in the region, it seems to me that Delany et al. really need to consider bringing in additional Eastern schools such as UConn to achieve the goal.

Reaction Score
the acc and 10 will fight over uconn, if the acc doesnt get uconn, they have to settle for a program like cincy, that hasnt experienced our level of sucess. the pickings are very slim, and we're all that's left for those two conferences that want more exposure.

Reaction Score
There won't be much "fighting", I don't think.

Whoever offers first, UConn goes.

It will come down to who will make the offer.

Reaction Score

No, they won't. ND has signed a contractual agreement that if it has to join a football conference before 2027, it has to be the ACC.

The Big Ten, SEC and Big 12 do not want to see that happen.

ND will be fine. People have been saying things like you did since I was six years old, fifty years ago.

The current status quo for ND will endure for at least the next 13 or so years, probably longer.

P.S. They will be no "breakaway". If anything, there will merely be a new division created within the NCAA, with none of the "change the rules, ND Armageddon" you envision.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/95904/del any-big-ten-mind-set-must-be-national

After the Big Ten approved Maryland and Rutgers as future members in November 2012, league commissioner Jim Delany described the additions as "an Eastern initiative with a Penn State bridge."

The Big Ten is about to cross that bridge, put down roots in another region and brand itself as a truly national league. And despite lingering concerns and criticism from some corners of the conference about the new look, there's no turning back now.

"We’re probably as close to a national conference as there is in terms of demographics and alumni and national reach," Delany told ESPN.com. "It was a great Midwestern conference, and now it's a conference that's much broader."

AP Photo/Ting ShenCommissioner Jim Delany sees the Big Ten as a national conference.
There was a "theme of national" this week as Big Ten athletic directors and football coaches met at the league's new headquarters in Rosemont, Ill. The meetings focused in part on the integration of Maryland and Rutgers, who had ADs and coaches in attendance even though neither program can vote on league matters until officially joining the Big Ten on July 1.

The Big Ten likely will open a second office in New York next month, as well as a satellite office in Washington D.C., Delany said. The New York office will have some full-time staff. Delany will spend much of the 100 days leading up to July 1 on the East Coast to facilitate and promote the transition.

"There's going to be great synergies here," he said. "They both are great universities with missions that mirror ours. They're in powerful geographic footprints. ... When I think about Penn State as a bridge and think about New Jersey and New York and Maryland and DC and the commonality, as you talk to athletic directors and coaches, there's an awful lot of, 'We're in the same club.'"

Delany's national theme resonated as Big Ten ADs and coaches reviewed a new bowl lineup that includes games in Florida, California, Tennessee, Texas, New York and Michigan. They also discussed the upcoming College Football Playoff and the selection committee with Michael Kelly, chief operating officer of the playoff.

The Big Ten is trying to reach a larger audience, Delany said, and after some missteps with the integration of Penn State in the early 1990s, the league wants to ensure its next bridge to the East Coast has a stronger foundation.

"We're so much more sensitive to working at this," Delany said. "We want to get people to adopt the Big Ten. That means come to New York, play games in DC, play games at [Madison Square] Garden -- play, live and build on a broader scale. It's where you recruit students, where you play bowl games, where your television games go.

"We have 30 percent of the population, 15 percent of the territory, but we're not constrained to that. We have a national look."

Where are the Big Ten institutions in the Southeast, Southwest and West Coast that will make them a "national conference".?

That was just a bit of arrogance and hubris by Delany.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No, they won't. ND has signed a contractual agreement that if it has to join a football conference before 2027, it has to be the ACC.

The Big Ten, SEC and Big 12 do not want to see that happen.

ND will be fine. People have been saying things like you did since I was six years old, fifty years ago.

The current status quo for ND will endure for at least the next 13 or so years, probably longer.

P.S. They will be no "breakaway". If anything, there will merely be a new division created within the NCAA, with none of the "change the rules, ND Armageddon" you envision.

With all due respect ... that's crazy.

You have no firm ground to stand on that leads one to believe that the status quo remains for the next 13 years. That's just not the nature of what's going on here.

Reaction Score
Where are the Big Ten institutions in the Southeast, Southwest and West Coast that will make them a "national conference".?

That was just a big of arrogance and hubris by Delany.

I agree with you. It is a bit arrogant. The Big Ten is not a national conference. However, all the P5 conferences increasingly view themselves as moving beyond their traditional regions, so this is not a unique sentiment expressed by Delany.

Reaction Score
You make a lot of sense, billy, except when you don't. Swiped Notre Dame? John doesn't have ND anymore than the Big East did. He's made the same devilish deal that Tranghese did. Don't waste the capital you build when being reasonable on preposterousness.

Well Swiped is just an expression. Notre Dame football won't be joining any conference other than the ACC until at least 2027. And look at this 2015 Notre Dame football schedule to help me find the Big Ten teams on it.

Sept. 5 TEXAS
Sept. 12 at Virginia
Sept. 19 GEORGIA TECH
Sept. 26 MASSACHUSETTS
Oct. 3 at Clemson
Oct. 10 NAVY
Oct. 17 USC
Oct. 31 at Temple (Lincoln Financial Services Field)
Nov. 7 at Pittsburgh
Nov. 14 WAKE FOREST
Nov. 21 * Boston College at Fenway Park, Boston, Mass. (night)
Nov. 28 at Stanford

Swiped might be too strong, but I wonder if Delaney recognizes a change in the air? Same as what Mike Trangese did?

Reaction Score
I agree with you. It is a bit arrogant. The Big Ten is not a national conference. However, all the P5 conferences increasingly view themselves as moving beyond their traditional regions, so this is not a unique sentiment expressed by Delany.

I would have to believe that Delaney is speaking as the Big Ten Network with those comments rather than the athletic conference commissioner. He wants that television network to have as national a distribution as possible. It's the midwestern conference with a handfull of Mid-Atlantic schools added. It isn't showing at this point, but the midwestern faithful won't want to see it change to becoming eastern. In football and basketball that worry should not be too great. Maryland could potentially be strong in basketball with improvement, but Penn State and Rutgers won't. And in football, Penn State was already there as a power. It isn't an addition. The others weren't even burning up the leagues they came from.

The other part of how he wants to be national is bowl alliances all over the country. The fans of the schools making those bowls will just get longer travel to bowls outside the region on the west coast. The Big Ten already had some bowls in California, Texas, and Florida.

Reaction Score
This is a post I saw by a Minnesota fan that mimics my thoughts. This is also why I think UCONN is still on the B1G radar:

"I don't believe the Big 10 is done expanding. I say they add 2 more schools by 2017 or 18, having it built into their new Tier 1 TV contract for 2017.

And this is my reason why: BTN

I watch the BTN every night. Last night I watched a Hockey doubleheader. The Production Value of the BTN is light years advanced over where it was 5 years ago. The BTN keeps adding content. The BTN keeps adding subscribers. Fox Century 21 just bought YES. This will enable the BTN to move into New Jersey with little push back, although there will be some, because there is always some battle for higher carrier fees. I don't see the BTN stopping its progress. I don't see the BTN owned by FOX and the Big Ten slowing down, for I see the whole thing trying to expand in other big markets.

Big 10 schools are just beginning to get close to a full share of the money form the BTN. Even after last year the schools did not receive full share as its has been reported some of the money has been shifted to help Rutgers and Maryland with their transition into the conference, be it with travel cost and other items. Which goes to my assessment that the league is not done expanding. There seems to be no internal political faction in the Big 10 that wants to slow down expansion. Not Alvarez, not Delany, not PSU, not Ohio St.

Delany is not done in the East. Do I know who is going to be 15 or 16 in the Big 10?... no, I don't. But I don't think it has to be some high grade Football school. I think it has to be a research school who has a decent bandwidth of collegiate sports and has some backing from it's state. But the schools may not even have to fit those requirements in the short term. Just need schools that the BTN can invade the landscape for a higher carriage fee....to expand the brand of the Big 10.

Many of you believe there is a bubble out there and the big money is about to dry up. I don't think this is correct. I believe the Conference Network of the Big 10 has been an incredible success, so much to the point that the SEC will have their own network after watching the BTN grow in the last 5 years. But even if you guys are correct, and I'm wrong about the long term success of the BTN, it can't be argued what Delany believes. The Big 10-FOX are all-in on the BTN. For all of these reasons I believe the Big 10 is not done expanding and will again shortly. Even as we speak the 2 divisions of the Big 10 (East-West) are getting their own separate marketing package done. Will see a BTN-2 down the road, which will be of need of more content."

He also points to UCONN being the best candidate. Can't say I disagree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom