Did we just find out Shabazz's decision? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did we just find out Shabazz's decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I didn't even watch the presser, and wouldn't have if Shabazz was there. Just wondering why nobody was on the same page here.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Maybe, I don't know, he was going to skip class but had to go at the last minute. Maybe the professor gave a lecture on how to prepare for the NBA draft. Or maybe no one knows anything.

Reaction Score
Not sure what Shabazz will do but 3 more 1st round picks announced they are coming back. Harris from Michigan State, McGary and Robinson from Michigan. Don't like seeing that because the more guys that come back may tempt Shabazz to go.

This draft is laughably weak. Can't believe any guaranteed 1st rounder would come back.

Reaction Score
No show at the uniform unveiling with Tor Watts sporting Napiers jersey instead? ouch.

Does anyone here seriously think that, given even the best moments of his career to date, Shabazz is more than a mid to late second round pick at best? "Bigs" who have been in this program and left early did so because the NBA is starved for quality 4s & 5s and teams are much more willing to take a chance with an early pick. When it comes to PGs,SGs and SFs, has anyone from this program been drafted with even a sniff of guaranteed money with (UCONN) career performance stats the equivalent of Shabazz'? I am not knocking Shabazz at all but, in my mind, he's got literally no shot unless he comes back for another year. Hell if Khalid and Rashad couldn't make it, Shabazz would be taking a HUGE risk coming out now. Jeremy can't even get a sniff of NBA minutes. He's(Shabazz) done some really good things here but, imo, not NBA good.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Didn't they initially say Boatright was going to be there too? Is he declaring for the draft too? I can't wait until are starting 5 is Samuel, Omar, Niels, Daniels and Olander...we might struggle to make the NIT

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Just checked in on the bowel movement. Looks like he is transferring.. Future Cornhusker! :)
ewwwwe
Didn't they initially say Boatright was going to be there too? Is he declaring for the draft too? I can't wait until are starting 5 is Samuel, Omar, Niels, Daniels and Olander...we might struggle to make the NIT

Reaction Score
Perhaps, im still a little unnerved that they had a jersey printed up with his name on it, announced he would be at the unveiling representing the team and then no shows the event. That doesn't make you the least bit nervous? You have a stronger constitution than me apparently.
Maybe he doesn't like the logo?

Reaction Score
Man you would think Bazz is the most important person in the world with these reactions.

He's a young man about to make a decision, its not the end of the world, or the end of UConn basketball. UConn basketball is bigger than Bazz.

Don't kid yourself. Next season is a huge tipping point for our program.

With Bazz, a 2 seed and an Elite 8 run announce that we're not going anywhere, even amid the tty conference situation. Top recruits view us as a legitimate destination for players with championship and NBA aspirations.

Without Bazz, another ho-hum 10-loss season and first-round exit in the tournament have the pundits smirking over our decline to mid-major status. As likable as Ollie is, top recruits shy away from a school that offers limited national exposure.

Reaction Score
As likable as Ollie is, top recruits shy away from a school that offers limited national exposure.

According to ESPN, Memphis has the #2 ranked class in the country this year. LSU has a top 10 class including one of the top 10 players in America. The guy doing the recruiting matters too.

Reaction Score
Of course I'm nervous -- I don't want the kid to leave. From just one selfish fan's perspective, I also believe it's in his best interest to stay.

But it's hard for me to draw the parallel here that him not showing up to a jersey unveiling is iron-clad proof that he's leaving. It's his number on the jersey solely because he's the most recognizable current player on the team, not because he was slated to "show up" today.
how can you possibly know whats in his best interest.
i think we'd all like him to stay for our interests but there are so many variables that play into his decision. i dont know how anyone can suggest they know what is best for someone they've never met.

Reaction Score
FYI Amore just tweeted that he spoke to Ollie today up at Springfield and he believes Napier, Boatright and Daniels will all be back, but won't know for sure until April 28th. Mentioned that he has given Napier feedback from NBA personnel, and Napier is weighing his options.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Not an expert, but if he does not sign with an agent, but floats his interest in the draft, but is not chosen or goes low round 2, he can come back?
He is our lynchpin next year. But if he can get himself mega coin, good for him.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Not an expert, but if he does not sign with an agent, but floats his interest in the draft, but is not chosen or goes low round 2, he can come back?
He is our lynchpin next year. But if he can get himself mega coin, good for him.
Not any more. He's either in or out on the 28th

Reaction Score
If he signs with an agent he is done. if he doesn't he can enter the draft, but if he doesn't withdraw from the draft by a certain date he is also done.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
If he signs with an agent he is done. if he doesn't he can enter the draft, but if he doesn't withdraw from the draft by a certain date he is also done.
April 28th

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Actually the date to withdraw is past...it was the 16th. If he declares now, he cannot come back.
True. But the NBA deadline is the 28th so that's when you will know who's going into the draft. Shabbaz, or anyone else, can announce they are staying in school and then still enter the draft as the nba doesn't recognize the ncaa's deadline. Until the 28th were on pins and needles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom