Did USF make tournament | The Boneyard

Did USF make tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately no! It seems like our conference gets no respect on either the man's side or the women's side. Sucks!

Reaction Score
how does prarie view make tournament with 14-17 record and usf with brining record not get in

Reaction Score
Wow-they so should have gotten in- more disdain for the American-

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
USF, Rutgers, & SMU are in the WNIT. =/

As much as I'd like for us to be in the NCAAs, I think playing in the WNIT will be a good experience going forward for us.

Go RU!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hell. SMU didn't even make the men's tourney. The AAC is a source of disdain.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
USF won the Women's NIT about 5 years ago - beat Kansas on their own floor. May the bball gods smile on them again!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
USF, Rutgers, & SMU are in the WNIT. =/

As much as I'd like for us to be in the NCAAs, I think playing in the WNIT will be a good experience going forward for us.

Go RU!

Unless Viv has a snit and refuses to go as she did one year

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Unless Viv has a snit and refuses to go as she did one year

We already accepted it...so no. And we had a good reason not to accept an invite last year, because of injuries.

CVS said the best thing for this team is to continue to play, so we accepted. We play Delaware on Thursday at home.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Conference tournament champions do not play in the "play-in games." They are automatic qualifiers. So Prairie View, with its losing record, would not be playing in the play-in games if they were held on the women's side.

I was talking about teams who didn't make the tournament and didn't get the automatic qualifier, but who have higher RPI's than teams like Prairie View..Teams like USF, Rutgers, Michigan, Arkansas, Miami, Villanova, just to name a few, or they could just do away with automatic qualifiers and take the best 64 teams..

Reaction Score
This is why we need play in games like the men do...

No we don't. 64 is more than enough teams on the women's side. As it is, there are a bunch of marginal teams that got at-large bids. Would anyone really be broken up if BYU or Florida had not made it?

The depth is not there on the women's side -- as evidenced by the fact that a whopping 4 double-digit seeds have made the sweet 16. Ever.
On the men's side, 10 teams have made the final 8. There are so many that have made the sweet 16, that Wikipedia doesn't even list them all.

More teams need to get better. A lot better. Then the women's tourney can think about expanding.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
No we don't. 64 is more than enough teams on the women's side. As it is, there are a bunch of marginal teams that got at-large bids. Would anyone really be broken up if BYU or Florida had not made it?

The depth is not there on the women's side -- as evidenced by the fact that a whopping 4 double-digit seeds have made the sweet 16. Ever.
On the men's side, 10 teams have made the final 8. There are so many that have made the sweet 16, that Wikipedia doesn't even list them all.

More teams need to get better. A lot better. Then the women's tourney can think about expanding.

I don't know..some seem to be broken up that USF didn't make it in and I am one of those that think they should have been in..I think teams have been getting better over the years and there is more parity than there ever has been..WCBB is sorta where Men's basketball was back in the 70's..

Reaction Score
.I think teams have been getting better over the years and there is more parity than there ever has been..WCBB is sorta where Men's basketball was back in the 70's..

The men's tournament had 32 teams (or fewer) for most of the 70s. It went to 40 in 1979.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Um, so as you know, the WCBB has always had a different format than the guys'. For most of the time the women's tournament has revolved around the better teams playing much of the action on their home courts in the early rounds, and a #13 seed has far less likelihood of beating a #4 seed as a visitor than at a neutral site, like with the men.

If you're going to shovel the stats out of context, you could at least warn the readers what you're shoveling.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
We already accepted it...so no. And we had a good reason not to accept an invite last year, because of injuries.

CVS said the best thing for this team is to continue to play, so we accepted. We play Delaware on Thursday at home.

just poking you, Cole. I wasn't serious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom