Did Calipari really not watch any UW game film? | The Boneyard

Did Calipari really not watch any UW game film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
That's what was said.

I'm sure Bo Ryan was happy to hear it.!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'm not sure haughtiness is the right word. Arrogance may be more accurate. Either way, he's a total .

Reaction Score
I still dont understand why people say this guy is a good coach. If that true, it has to be one of the worst mistakes a coach can make as far as game prep goes.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Calipari is great at recruiting talent. He's great at getting kids to buy in and play hard. His system works and always has.

But I think it's fair to say that he might not be a particularly great big game coach.

Reaction Score
Calipari is great at recruiting talent. He's great at getting kids to buy in and play hard. His system works and always has.

But I think it's fair to say that he might not be a particularly great big game coach.

I think that's fair. To his credit, though, the guy hardly ever loses to teams seeded lower than him.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Cal did not have the cajones to start the real point guard and give him the minutes, instead he went with the Harrison twins.
And even though both looked thinner and have improved, they forgot about Towns for long periods. The twins could eventually win a title if they stay four years but both suffer from Jordan wannabe complex.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
From what I read is that he doesn't want his players watching film. The coaches including himself watch film.
Is it because he doesn't want his players watching great coaching.

OR

Funny how Kaminsky pointed out that Wisconsin has players watching a lot of film. Perhaps it's because Wisconsin makes it players take real cinematography classes instead of having the fake movie class at Kentucky in which tutors take the class.

Reaction Score

he's a horrid in game coach. would be a fantastic assistant at the pro level but thats it. his 'game' is player management and has the golden touch on grabbing the best players. if he was in the nba he would be a worst doc rivers, and thats bad. in college he got undressed by KO, a rook coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom