Did anyone hear Sue Bird's comment about CD today | The Boneyard

Did anyone hear Sue Bird's comment about CD today

Reaction Score
re her importance to the program. I missed much of it, and wonder if anyone who did hear it could paraphrase.

Reaction Score
I'll try. Sue said that CD is the backbone (I believe she used that word) of the team. She's the one who pays attention to details and never lets anything go unattended. Funniest thing Sue said was that even now when Bird practices on the UConn court, she dreads seeing CD come in the door. She knows, Sue said, that CD will notice something that Bird is doing wrong and point it out--after all these years. Gotta love it.

Reaction Score
The one comment Sue made that stuck with me was something along the lines of “Every time they show Geno with all those wins they should show CD too”.... I had too much of my GFs wine at dinner so don’t quote me.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She also said every time, they put up Geno's win totals, she wished CD's name was right there beside him.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I like listening to Bird - I think she has a good announcer’s voice and shares good insight. But I didn’t care much for how the game was announced today - too much yada yada and not noting who fouls were called on.

Reaction Score
I'll try. Sue said that CD is the backbone (I believe she used that word) of the team. She's the one who pays attention to details and never lets anything go unattended. Funniest thing Sue said was that even now when Bird practices on the UConn court, she dreads seeing CD come in the door. She knows, Sue said, that CD will notice something that Bird is doing wrong and point it out--after all these years. Gotta love it.

Sue Bird can do no wrong...

Reaction Score
On the TV series that Coach Auriemma had a year ago when he interviewed former players, there was an unusual exchange with Sue Bird. He alluded to something he had said to Sue Bird that was mean or hurtful, and he said that he had apologized. She responded with a tight-lipped reply about his apology. But neither explained what was said. But it's clear that all these years later, it constituted a bitter memory.

Did anyone else catch that?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I like listening to Bird - I think she has a good announcer’s voice and shares good insight. But I didn’t care much for how the game was announced today - too much yada yada and not noting who fouls were called on.
Walker was in the game and playing some before they noticed. They did not announce it when she first entered.

Reaction Score
I noticed watching the replay last night that Sue and the other person (not sure who it was) talked and talked and talked. Megan Walker was in the game quite quickly in first quarter and they didn't announce until after the time out. That happened on more then once occasion where subs went in and they didn't mention it. I find a lot of times the announcers talk more about the history of the UConn program then they do about the game in front of them!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
On the TV series that Coach Auriemma had a year ago when he interviewed former players, there was an unusual exchange with Sue Bird. He alluded to something he had said to Sue Bird that was mean or hurtful, and he said that he had apologized. She responded with a tight-lipped reply about his apology. But neither explained what was said. But it's clear that all these years later, it constituted a bitter memory.

Did anyone else catch that?

This is not the incident I gather?

The show you are talking about - is it Geno's Legacy?
: Sue Bird

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Never heard that one. Cool. Still ripping into Sue Bird must be sought of like ripping into a teddy bear. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

The interview was a one-on-one with Geno and Sue. And she didn't seem as though it was water under the bridge.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The interview was a one-on-one with Geno and Sue. And she didn't seem as though it was water under the bridge.

I get that. I was intending to ask was this a different telling of the incident you saw on what was probably Geno's Legacy, a 1 on 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom