Dicky V, ESPN Extend Contract Through 2024 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dicky V, ESPN Extend Contract Through 2024

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I have had a lengthy conversation with Dick Vitale about UConn. He is not a UConn hater by any stretch of the imagination. And I bet if you ran into him and wanted to chop it up he'd be more than happy to talk basketball.

I get that the guy's shtick gets old, but I think the complaints about his "analysis" are ridiculous. He's there to have a good time, sports are supposed to be fun. He's a happy, fun loving dude who people absolutely associate with college basketball and big time games. I prefer Raf like a lot of people on here do but the hatred of Dick Vitale is mystifying to me.
I don't doubt anything in the first paragraph. His shtick is annoying, but it's not what makes him unlikeable to me. At least not entirely. Tired catch phrases and cheesy shtick kinda come with the territory anyway.

It really just comes down to his loose (to be kind) grasp of topics related to college sports. Much like so many other would-be pundits, he should just take a pass on pontificating - he doesn't have the horsepower between the ears.

Just my opinion and I'll shut up now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom