Diarra Shout Out | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Diarra Shout Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I kept asking in the chat why he wasn't on the court and Solo was. Hurley put him in and the entire game changed. He's improved drastically from last season. Another huge performance from him.

To use a football analogy he's the change of pace scat back you bring in after the starting RB and OLine have been pounding away. He plays Tenacious D and his 3 point shooting has been off the charts.

Reaction Score
The part where he just gave the ball away at the end of the game was not ideal, but he has came up clutch many times and you love to see it.

Reaction Score
The announcer pronounces it right. Jara.

I looked it up because I knew the name Diop is pronounced Jop, so I checked to see where the names were from. Both are West African, around Senegal. Diarra is the French spelling/version of the name Jara.

Reaction Score
With Diarra playing this way, how about we go back now and grade last year's transfer portal class:

Tristen Newton
Nahiem Alleyne
Hassan Diarra
Joey Calcaterra

Best 2022 transfer class in the country, bar none. Wow, what production we have received from all 4 of these guys.

Great, GREAT job by Danny and our entire staff seeing what we needed, zeroing in on the right guys and getting them here. Would not have won the Natty last year, nor been in the position we are this year without them.

caw

Reaction Score
He went from literally unplayable in the Final Four (3 minutes, 1 rebound, 1 TO against Miami, 1 trillion in garbage time against SDSU) to a reliable backup who has reduced the dropoff from the starters substantially.

He's a threat to penetrate and either score or dish on offense and a pest on defense. He had one sequence where he had a deflection, stripped a bigger player on help to knock it out of bounds, then deflected the inbounds pass to kill the shot clock.

Didn't he have a stomach muscle issue at the end of the year though?

If my math is correct he is 10/26 from three now this year.

Reaction Score
HD is seeing things pretty clear this season lol! Hes been absolutely awesome this season. Savage on defense, under control for the most part and hitting shots from 3! He also has been very good going to the basket. He has been fun to watch. Can not describe how happy i am for that kid.

Reaction Score
He's really filled in for what we lost with Alleyne. Last year he was very erratic but he's played very well on both ends of the ball this year. Very happy for him.
Actually I was concerned when we lost Alleyne and didn’t know if Diarra was up to task.

In my eyes he’s better than Alleyne and he is in many ways the difference maker for us. We’ve had a few 5 pt game - wins - that could just as easily be losses minus Diarra.

He is an example of what it it to be a UConn Player. The pressure to play at a certain level brings out the best in players that decide to come here.

Reaction Score
The part where he just gave the ball away at the end of the game was not ideal, but he has came up clutch many times and you love to see it.
That play bothered me as well but fortunately Xavier's shot was blocked by rim and Cam secured the ball. Only bad moment of Diarra's that I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom