UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Brief summation on last year's Mercury team

But their supposed superteam unraveled quickly: Griner was detained in Russia beginning in February 2022; Charles asked for a contract divorce from the Mercury after 16 games; Diggins-Smith didn't get along with, well, anyone on the team; and injuries decimated the roster, including Taurasi, who missed the last five games and the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am a bit concerned about DT being able to adjust to life when her body won't let her play anymore. It is all she has known for nearly three fourths of her life at this point.

Reaction Score
I always though DT was the best basketball player ever to play on the women's side of the game. She was the first I remember having the ability to shoot and pass on par with the men of the game. For her to still be on the court at 40 is also an amazing feat when you consider how much the women play in a normal year.

One the other hand I kind of wonder why one of the younger talents hasn't taken her spot. I really hope she has a great season and can walk away from the game when she no longer plays at a level that represents her abilities. In a lot of ways I think the changing of the guard will happen next year when you get Clark and Paige taking their spots to lead the WNBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom