Diana Taurasi update | The Boneyard

Diana Taurasi update

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
A great expose that highlights the bodacious hypocrisy of American Professional Sports!!

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Yup. What IS she going to do "when she is 40 and her knees are busted up and she has no business experience"? Coach UConn, of course! Duh!
She wouldn't be a good coach, great players rarely are. I listened to both Bill Russell and Frank Robinson, while Russell had more success as a player-coach, Robinson always said it was very difficult because he had to condition himself that other players just weren't as talented as he was and couldn't do the things he was able to do. He also questioned work ethic when he didn't feel players were working as hard as he did. When he managed the Indians he always talked about that difficulty.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Looks like Kristi Toliver in picture 6 of the slide show seated with DT agent. Did not realize that DT & CP were on the same team. I would pay money to see that on a regular basis. Is anyone aware of streaming or pay per view of these games or Maya in China?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Very interesting and informational article.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
She may not want to coach or work at a Fortune 500 Company but I can easily see her with her own sports talk show like "Kevin Millar". She's got exactly that type of personality and quick wit. Or she could open a Winery or Italian Restaurant. She might have some special friends who can give her advice about that. ;)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Looks like Kristi Toliver in picture 6 of the slide show seated with DT agent. Did not realize that DT & CP were on the same team. I would pay money to see that on a regular basis. Is anyone aware of streaming or pay per view of these games or Maya in China?

The Euroleague playoff games are streamed, I think. I've seen links on Rebkell. There might be game clips or full games on youtube as well. UMMC is stacked, so if video of any Euro team is available, it would be them.

Oh, and I think ESPN would hire Taurasi in a micro-second.

Reaction Score
I'm a National Skeet Shooting Association (NSSA) Level I instructor. I wonder if DT would like some lessons. I'm sure I could improve her game.

Reaction Score
When Stef was playing in Russia, most of her teams games were streamed through the teams website all for free.

Reaction Score
She may not want to coach or work at a Fortune 500 Company but I can easily see her with her own sports talk show like "Kevin Millar". She's got exactly that type of personality and quick wit. Or she could open a Winery or Italian Restaurant. She might have some special friends who can give her advice about that. ;)
She seems kind of self conscious. She was facing the crowd last year and when I pulled out my camera to take her pic she sat down and turned around real fast. I was sitting in the front row behind their bench.

Might be nothing to it though.

Reaction Score
  1. She wouldn't be a good coach, great players rarely are. I listened to both Bill Russell and Frank Robinson, while Russell had more success as a player-coach, Robinson always said it was very difficult because he had to condition himself that other players just weren't as talented as he was and couldn't do the things he was able to do. He also questioned work ethic when he didn't feel players were working as hard as he did. When he managed the Indians he always talked about that difficulty.
    I beg to differ. IMO- she's already kind of a coach on the court. Have you ever sat close to their bench or watched her in the huddles. I saw her telling one of her former coaches what to do one time. The guy looked funny like he couldn't do what she said fast enough. LOL

Reaction Score

1. I beg to differ. IMO- she's already kind of a coach on the court. Have you ever sat close to their bench or watched her in the huddles. I saw her telling one of her former coaches what to do one time. The guy looked funny like he couldn't do what she said fast enough. LOL
She does seem to make less talented teammates better - high standards, but also the right amount of patience (IMO the 'right amount' is 'not much', but realizing that 'not everyone can be me.') She has sorta mentored Griner in Phoenix

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Couple of ND fans on Muffet's tuffit took away from the article that DT has a problem with booze .... some folks will resent DT 'til they are in the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom