Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we are gonna get facts straight, please realize Devin Harris alone averages more than 11 points a game by himself and was a former all-star before injuries derailed his very promising career. And of them 4 , how many were top notch recruits? Zero. If Bo can turn a guy like Frank Kaminsky who was a gangly, awkward looking freshman with little recruiting hype whatsoever into a legit POY canidate, then the sky is the limit for Diamond.

Not trying to be a but u mentioned facts so just wanted to clarify the "facts". :) I've all but conceded Stone to Uconn is a given but a few years ago we all thought Vander Blue was gonna be the next great Badger and look how that turned out!

Thanks for coming on over to chat hoops. Stick around you are quite welcome from my perspective! Conceded Stone to UConn???? lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If only Dante could have designed a circle of hell for those who take tweets too seriously.

This thread is embarrassing...even moreso than most recruiting threads have gotten recently.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
If we are gonna get facts straight, please realize Devin Harris alone averages more than 11 points a game by himself and was a former all-star before injuries derailed his very promising career. And of them 4 , how many were top notch recruits? Zero. If Bo can turn a guy like Frank Kaminsky who was a gangly, awkward looking freshman with little recruiting hype whatsoever into a legit POY canidate, then the sky is the limit for Diamond.

Not trying to be a but u mentioned facts so just wanted to clarify the "facts". :) I've all but conceded Stone to Uconn is a given but a few years ago we all thought Vander Blue was gonna be the next great Badger and look how that turned out!
I don't think many here think it's even close to a done deal.

We can't really talk about our current coach developing NBA talent from dreg, but as a program we have a pretty good history of guys like Jake Voskuhl and Hilton Armstrong. Those guys obviously didn't light the league on fire, but they made it after coming in with little or no thought that they would make that leap. He did see a guy ranked around 250, Amida Brimah, that he took and now there is already buzz about him being a lottery pick in 2 years (some overzealous folks here see him going first round after this year). This is more about spotting talent than developing it as the kid has some ridiculous athleticism and a motor and works his ass off to get better, but I digress.

It doesn't matter much for a guy who is likely one and done as to where he goes as long as he doesn't go to a coach that hurts development (cough Calipari cough). He will be equally well served at either school. I will be bummed if he doesn't choose UConn, but I can totally understand a Wiscy choice and wish him well no matter. I think we are one of the favorites to win it all in 16 if he comes to CT and I'm not so sure Wisconsin would be if he went there - but I wear blue colored glasses.

At this point, for me, I think it comes down to which dairy product he likes better - cheese or ice cream. (you won't get that - the folks here will)

Reaction Score
Everyone I have heard talking about Stone on his Wisconsin visit has said he spent more time on his cell phone at the Red/white scrimmage than one would think if someone was really uncertain on where he wanted to go. Also seeing that KO came a few days after his visit worries me even more. Maybe it was an act of desperation seeing that he was losing Stone? I doubt it but can still always hope!

Reaction Score
Badger, I think most folks here have wished from the start that if we did not get Stone, that Wisconsin did. Lots of respect here for your program and coach

It's good to see the program gets respect outside the Big10! I just hate waiting on these decisions because they never seem to go our way when the player is in-state and waits so long to decide. Usually if an in-state kid wants to come to UW , he accepts shortly after his offer or not at all. Can't say it wouldn't be nice to see Stone playing on a bigger stage at UConn if thats what it comes to, but for just once it would be nice for our program to actually land someone like him.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Badger I am not sure why you think UConn is going to be the landing spot for Stone because honestly I think he is going to stay at home.

Reaction Score
Badger I am not sure why you think UConn is going to be the landing spot for Stone because honestly I think he is going to stay at home.

Because as a lifelong Badger fan I have seen this play out many times. Never ends well.

Reaction Score
husky dudes who kiss up to opponents and opponent coaches are hilarious

ever consider speaking truth

heres deal

if any said recroot doesnt matriculate UCONN-no bone dude gives a care about said recroot or about any other involved universitays-pleez get dee proverbial brainz ons

who was dat rebroot ppince or cassius clay or somethin?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

heres deal

if any said recroot doesnt matriculate UCONN-no bone dude gives a care about said recroot or about any other involved universitays-pleez get dee proverbial brainz ons

My god - I'm so tired of this Smeagol/Gollum speak. Please make it go away.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I know we really have to up our insane stalking.

We need a f@cking BY twitter security detail. I'm sure we could easily get 10-15 people to constantly tweet the sh33t out of all of these recruits who seem to be on the border. That'll surely make a difference.

Reaction Score

heres deal

Your post are so odd and slightly disturbing

Reaction Score
Because as a lifelong Badger fan I have seen this play out many times. Never ends well.

Obviously I am rooting for you to be right Badg, but if you're wrong I will be happy for you. As an FYI Ollie did run down to visit Chris Clarke after his visit to Storrs, within a couple of days. He landed at UT but has since changed to VT so he didn't have us in his top 2. Hope this isn't the case with Diamond but in any event, we all know you never know in this game of recruiting.

Good luck and have a great year - hope we meet!

Reaction Score
The decision is down to 2 schools.

The Stone family already knows which one he is choosing.

The decision could be announced any day.

Or, he might decide not to sign an LOI. Which means it doesn't need to be announced at all.

Since it's down to 2 schools and since the family has been methodical n vetting the schools, it's safe to say they are decided at this point.

Reaction Score

Or, he might decide not to sign an LOI. Which means it doesn't need to be announced at all.

Since it's down to 2 schools and since the family has been methodical n vetting the schools, it's safe to say they are decided at this point.
I agree completely. The final decision was likely made a month or so ago and they are holding off in case something odd happens (Ollie to the NBA, etc.).He may very well not sign a LOI ala Hamilton but a verbal from a player and family who haven't exploited the recruiting process would be good enough at this point.

pj

Reaction Score

It doesn't until it does. Every program that reaches the top has to get over a barrier, and often it's an in-state recruit that does it.

I hope we get Diamond, because I think he would be enough to tip us over the top for another championship. But Wisconsin has good coaching and is a good program, so he will be fine if he goes there. Some of these recruits make real head-scratching decisions, and seem overly influenced by handlers with personal agendas; I'm happy that Diamond is not one of them. The Stones seem to be going through a sensible process and I'm sure their decision will be an intelligent one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I agree completely. The final decision was likely made a month or so ago and they are holding off in case something odd happens (Ollie to the NBA, etc.).He may very well not sign a LOI ala Hamilton but a verbal from a player and family who haven't exploited the recruiting process would be good enough at this point.

When I heard the Nov. 21 date, that's what I thought, uh oh the kid's going to pull a Hamilton...still, that worked out okay.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I think it's a good sign that he's announcing on the 21st. He's not going to want to sign to a program and the have their coach leave. Bo Ryan isn't going anywhere, Kevin Ollie could win another championship and try to go to the NBA. Highly doubtful that would occur, but if that's a concern for Stone, it makes me think we're the choice here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom