Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Seems to be about politics and not sports. Seems like a jerk but he said he would bet his savings. Just hope he's a total fool.

Reaction Score
No idea who this guy is but...
David Hookstead ‏@dhookstead 31m31 minutes ago
Just got word from a person involved in the situation that Diamond Stone is HEAVILY favoring signing with the Badgers.

David Hookstead ‏@dhookstead 30m30 minutes ago
Diamond Stone will announce his college decision on Nov. 12, and after what I was just told I'd bet my savings he's going to Wisconsin.
Seems like that kid is a Wisconsin twitter celeb (not in a good way): http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/247311921.html

Reaction Score
From a Wisconsin Rivals article:

Stone's final and most recent official was to UConn, where the 6-foot-10, 253-pound senior has built an extremely strong relationship with head coach Kevin Ollie.

"UConn was real nice," Curtis said. "We were up there before for an unofficial visit, but this most recent visit was more for his mom to have a look at what they have to offer as far as facilities and everything. She met the president and the athletic director and she had her questions answered. They have a new practice facility and we watched the team play. It was a good visit."

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Stone's final and most recent official was to UConn, where the 6-foot-10, 253-pound senior has built an extremely strong relationship with head coach Kevin Ollie.

"UConn was real nice," Curtis said. "We were up there before for an unofficial visit, but this most recent visit was more for his mom to have a look at what they have to offer as far as facilities and everything. She met the president and the athletic director and she had her questions answered. They have a new practice facility and we watched the team play. It was a good visit."

Damn. Got some face time with Susy? If we don't get Stone, it is on her.

Reaction Score
Nothing means anything until Nov 12th. Sit back, relax, watch the exhibitions and worry about this years team. If he's coming he's coming, if he's not we will still be UCONN. I want the young man to be a Husky more than mostly everyone this year but if he chooses the Badgers congrats to them, his family and himself it will be a good choice. If he chooses Storrs it will be a better choice, but only for us and UConn.

We will still win FF's and they will try!!

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

Stone's dad wasn't there?

Reaction Score
Nothing means anything until Nov 12th. Sit back, relax, watch the exhibitions and worry about this years team. If he's coming he's coming, if he's not we will still be UCONN. I want the young man to be a Husky more than mostly everyone this year but if he chooses the Badgers congrats to them, his family and himself it will be a good choice. If he chooses Storrs it will be a better choice, but only for us and UConn.

We will still win FF's and they will try!!
I anticipate the return of Brimah, Hamilton & Purvis. So even though I would love to have Diamond Stone your sense of reasonableness is refreshing. Brimah is the most likely to get guaranteed money of the 3 in the 2015 draft. 1 more year should catapult him into the lottery. It would have been interesting to hear Ollie discuss with Stone personnel issues. 2016 could be the Olllie/UConn recruiting litmus test.

Reaction Score
Stone's dad wasn't there?
I'm thinking on the lines that Diamond, his dad, his mom, and his AAU coach were all here for his official visit but his mom wasn't here for the unofficial visit in the spring.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
A quick scan of his account shows that he's a huge , but I can't speak to the veracity of his claims of insidership.

The sheer ridiculousness of some of the sh33t he's tweeted leads me to think he has no idea what he's talking about. There's been a lot of jumping to conclusions that we have Stone in the bag, which I don't necessarily agree with 100%, but this guy is not a source I'd trust.

Reaction Score
A quick scan of his account shows that he's a huge , but I can't speak to the veracity of his claims of insidership.
True on both.

But I like that it's Evan Flood who thinks that Stone will end up at UConn instead of this guy and the student journalist. If Flood was saying that Stone would end up at Wisconsin, and these two guys popped up and said their sources said it was UConn, I wouldn't feel as comfortable.

Reaction Score
UConn's at 77% on the crystal ball after getting another pick last night, for whatever that's worth (probably at least as much as this guy Hookstead).

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I anticipate the return of Brimah, Hamilton & Purvis. So even though I would love to have Diamond Stone your sense of reasonableness is refreshing. Brimah is the most likely to get guaranteed money of the 3 in the 2015 draft. 1 more year should catapult him into the lottery. It would have been interesting to hear Ollie discuss with Stone personnel issues. 2016 could be the Olllie/UConn recruiting litmus test.

Let me know how KO does with your "litmus test"....

If snagging the three guys you mention within his first 2 years on the job hasn't made you a believer, you're probably better off rooting for a different shade of Blue....

Reaction Score
If we don't get stone I'm praying for jones . An Adams/jones/enoch class is still very strong IMO .

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If we don't land Stone and Brimah leaves. You guys think Enoch can play the 5? At a long 6'10 he has more than adequate size, especially if he gains some weight.

Reaction Score
If we don't get Stone let's worry about this year as something somehow will work out. A senior transfer, a kid who was caught in the middle of the UNC or Cuse drops them and comes here - who knows but we're UConn we will be fine! Plus, Brimah's not going anywhere. If you think he's going to be that good, I mean "definite lottery pick good" then you may be extremely disappointed. I have heard the improvements in shooting and what not be has a ways to go in game time instincts so we will see. I doubt he's leaving but he'll be getting better. He's a 3 year guy like Thabeet.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If we don't get Stone let's worry about this year as something somehow will work out. A senior transfer, a kid who was caught in the middle of the UNC or Cuse drops them and comes here - who knows but we're UConn we will be fine! Plus, Brimah's not going anywhere. If you think he's going to be that good, I mean "definite lottery pick good" then you may be extremely disappointed. I have heard the improvements in shooting and what not be has a ways to go in game time instincts so we will see. I doubt he's leaving but he'll be getting better. He's a 3 year guy like Thabeet.
My crystal boil says he goes lottery because he figures everything out. And UConn wins back to back championships. I reserve the right to flip these projections as the season progresses.:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin