Diamond Miller - Maryland | The Boneyard

Diamond Miller - Maryland

Reaction Score
Rebecca spent 5 minutes at halftime of the Utah-Utah State showing UConn how to stop

Diamond Miller. She loves to drive to the left, even though she is right handed. I hope Coach Paige was watching and will share this info with the team.

Reaction Score
Sometimes staying back and forcing player to take outside shots could be another option…not allowing them to go downhill….that could have been tried against Olivia Miles.
And about Maryland….they beat Notre Dame but got blown out by Nebraska….but most than likely the better Maryland will show up against us.

Reaction Score
Rebecca spent 5 minutes at halftime of the Utah-Utah State showing UConn how to stop

Diamond Miller. She loves to drive to the left, even though she is right handed. I hope Coach Paige was watching and will share this info with the team

Gee, I wonder who taught Rebecca to analyze an opponent like that.

Reaction Score
Have seen Diamond Miller play several times and just like Miles on Notre Dame, Miller is very predictable with her drives. I think many coaches don't take either seriously enough this early in the season.

Reaction Score
Have seen Diamond Miller play several times and just like Miles on Notre Dame, Miller is very predictable with her drives. I think many coaches don't take either seriously enough this early in the season.
I think that's true, but there are some unique players that you know what they are going to do, you compensate accordingly, and then are surprised that they were still able to pull off a score despite those efforts. Miller is that kind of a player that can find a way to score against defenses that are doing the right thing.

There are not many players with her quickness and mobility at her height. She usually has either a size or quickness advantage against her defenders, sometimes both. Aubrey is the closest fit as a one on one defender, a match on quickness but two inches shorter. Aaliyah a little slower but not drastically so, and Ayanna is intriguing as a physical match for Miller as well. So we have three players who might be a better match to defend her than she faces against most competition.

Reaction Score
Early season always starts this way. The great players have their way with the other teams because their defensive schemes haven't settled down yet. Everyone knows how to stop Miles, Miller, Clark, etc. But knowing how and having your defense clicking this early are two different things. Nika let Miles get too far into the lane before stopping her, but that was inevitable given the circumstances -- road game, exceptionally unfriendly arena, everyone a little off their game, help defense not quite ready. In the second half, Nika and the team had adjusted.

Reaction Score
If you get Diamond Miller in foul trouble, you stop her and Maryland. But she has had great games against ranked teams this season.
Diamond is a big-time player. The brighter the lights, the BIGGER she plays. She is going to be one special player at this level and is going to be, depending on what team she goes to in the WNBA, a BIG-time player at that level as well.

Reaction Score
Sometimes staying back and forcing player to take outside shots could be another option…not allowing them to go downhill….that could have been tried against Olivia Miles.
And about Maryland….they beat Notre Dame but got blown out by Nebraska….but most than likely the better Maryland will show up against us.
I think that is exactly what they did after her very torrid start, while people keep bringing her up as if she had a dominant game, she was essentially a non-factor after the first qtr.

Reaction Score
Consistent with what some of you have written, it was from the left side of the rim that Miller scored the basket that sank the Irish.
We might note that Maryland has never beaten UConn, though recently the list of coaches who have never defeated the Huskies has shrunk somewhat. Brenda last won an NC during the Pleistocene era.
Who will take the court tonight for us? Without Azzi, we suffer offensively; without Dorka, we may not have the defensive size to stop a penetrating player like Miller. Lou2 may have to imagine that she's back at Fairfield. What will happen is anybody's guess . . .

Reaction Score
make her go to the right and she cannot score!
A righty driving left by choice, does not mean being force left will in and of itself stop her. Clark, Miles, each good players tend to get 'THEIRS', on a normal night all you can hope for is stopping the other not so prolific scorers and limit Clarks etc. Iowa relies too heavily on Clark, Miss Everything Iowa,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom