Devin Carter | The Boneyard

Devin Carter

Reaction Score
Very good player for sure, on both ends. Tried to do too much last night, but the rest of the team outside Oduro stinks so you could understand.

Reaction Score
Have we played anyone better than him, this year? I don't think so. He put it all out there, but got almost no help from his team. He's a winner even when his squad loses.
RJ Davis, Devin Carter & Kevin McCullar Jr. are IMO the 3 most talented players we’ve seen this year.

Devin Carter’s game play reminds me so much of a larger Shabazz. Dude is gonna make a lotta money in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Did Hurley put a bug in his ear last night that we’ll need someone to replace Newton?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There's a reason why Hurley hugged the kid and spent time talking to him in the handshake line. Kid gives it his all on both ends. He's the type of dog that Hurley loves and respects. Reminds me of Kemba. I believe we'll see a lot of Carter in Ahmad Nowell.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He’s the real deal. Some of the stuff I saw him do first hand and close up last night just blew my mind. And he plays as hard as any player I’ve ever seen. There are a couple players who deserve BE POY with Tristen at the top of the list. But if Carter won it I wouldn’t complain . If anyone else but Carter won it other than Tristen I would complain.

unfortunate for him that without him PC wouldn’t be that much better than Georgetown this season. He does that much for PC. Brought them right at the door of an at large bid that they probably had no reasonable chance to hope for with a first year coach and Hopkins injury. Mad respect for the kid. I’m a fan.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Kolek scares me more because he seems to make his teammates better. Carter also has bad hair.
Kolek has way more talented teammates.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Carter is an incredible talent. Just wish he'd cool it with the histrionics. Five minutes into the game, his body language says he has already run a marathon, too exhausted to go on. Then the whistle blows and he's fine. Every game he's grabbing a body part, in soul-shattering agony. Then the whistle blows and he's fine. I don't doubt that he's dinged up, but most players are and they don't look hungry for an Emmy during the game.

Reaction Score
Carter got put into a really tough situation this year. New coach, new teammates, and his co-star missed half the year. He’s put the team on his back and might have them in the tournament anyway because he plays 100% effort 100% of the time (and apparently he’s added a 30ft jumper to his game)

Look at Providence this year minus Carter -
  • Oduro - really like him, great #2 player. But then…
  • Next leading scorer is Ticket Gaines, who is a sharpshooter that can’t shoot
  • Then Jayden Pierre who did ok because he had to take on a bigger load than he should have, but he averages 9 points on 40%
Then everyone else is below 5 points. CFJ was playing better but hasn’t made a FG in 3 games. Barron is good but only started getting big minutes recently. Dual had a disaster season. Castro can barely catch the ball.

Year Carter flops a lot and gasses himself early every game, but he’s one of my favorite non-UConn BE players

Reaction Score
If we didn’t have such a balanced, talented and selfless team, does Newton just run away with BEPOY? Conversely, if Carter plays for us, does he look as good as he does on PC? Either way, guy’s an excellent player and one I love to hate.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Carter is an incredible talent. Just wish he'd cool it with the histrionics. Five minutes into the game, his body language says he has already run a marathon, too exhausted to go on. Then the whistle blows and he's fine. Every game he's grabbing a body part, in soul-shattering agony. Then the whistle blows and he's fine. I don't doubt that he's dinged up, but most players are and they don't look hungry for an Emmy during the game.
That's because he was running a marathon. He's unable to pace himself because of the teams deficiencies. The same thing exists for Kadary Richmond.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
If we didn’t have such a balanced, talented and selfless team, does Newton just run away with BEPOY? Conversely, if Carter plays for us, does he look as good as he does on PC? Either way, guy’s an excellent player and one I love to hate.
He'd look better. And if we traded Carter for Cam you'd love Carter and hate Cam. There are players we hate and respect. Carter and Kolek are in that category.

Then there are player we hate and love to disrespect. Grayson Allen, Flip the trip, Chrissy, and I'll add in McNamara so it doesn't become a school theme, to players we love to dislike and have no respect.

Reaction Score
Sounds to me like he’s got more of a future in the Premiere League

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom