2024 Recruiting: - Desmond Claude CT. point guard | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Desmond Claude CT. point guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The New Haven point guard has picked up offers from Kansas, Memphis, and Louisville in the last month. It's a bit strange UConn isn't recruiting him.

Reaction Score
He looked pretty legit when I watched him. You would think with some of the guard play we have dealt with this season this would be a no brainer.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
His offer list is impressive. And being local I am not sure why we are not recruiting him.

Reaction Score
I'd definitely take him here. Seems like we're done with 2022 freshmen though and are saving those spots for returnees and transfers

Reaction Score
Considering we only have one point guard on the roster who plays this season and we are depending on him coming back for a 6th college year and have no point guard recruit coming in next season it sure feels like we should be recruiting Claude.

Reaction Score
3 of the slimiest schools when it comes to recruiting. Interesting. Hope the kid is smart and can leverage their offers against each other!
Seriously, Chief is planning on checking him out again. At PSA, so I am sure Tom has a handle on him. The question was his outside shot. So we will see if that’s improved. I did like how he mentally processed the game.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Kadary Richmond the way he handles the ball, but DC has a better outside shot.
Which of our guards can do what he shows in this video? The ones we're saving for next year?

Can he dribble out the shot clock?

Back his man down from midcourt?

I'm not seeing it. Hard pass

Reaction Score
We have a point guard commitment for next year or the year after?

Reaction Score
Seriously, Chief is planning on checking him out again. At PSA, so I am sure Tom has a handle on him. The question was his outside shot. So we will see if that’s improved. I did like how he mentally processed the game.
Based on recent samples, I don't think shooting is a requirement :D

Reaction Score
Considering we only have one point guard on the roster who plays this season and we are depending on him coming back for a 6th college year and have no point guard recruit coming in next season it sure feels like we should be recruiting Claude.
And considering we have two guards, one who is pinned to the bench and one in street clothes, I'm worried about point depth this year and next year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes, Stephon Castle in 2023 class

Do we really think he’s a point guard anymore than Jackson is? I’m not sold.

Also, Floyd was billed as a combo. Is that fair?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Do we really think he’s a point guard anymore than Jackson is? I’m not sold
Kinda depends on his handle, court vision and playmaking. We shall see.

Come to think of it, having Jackson as a point fwd when Cole is out might not be the worst option…

Reaction Score

From everything I’ve seen and heard, he is a PG. He also plans to play PG as he said so in his interview after committing

And yea I would say that Floyd is a CG, but I don’t see him playing much at the point

Reaction Score

Way more of a PG than jackson is.

No one who has seen Floyd calls him a combo. He is a 2 guard. Maybe a super small 3 in some situations.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Way more of a PG than jackson is.

No one who has seen Floyd calls him a combo. He is a 2 guard. Maybe a super small 3 in some situations.

A better version of Brendan Adams is what I expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01