2026 Recruiting: - Deron Rippey Jr. | The Boneyard

2026 Recruiting: Deron Rippey Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A highlight from the prep showcase. IIRC Tom and Kimani were in attendance and must have seen him play.

I see dribbling with both hands, passing with both hands, a bit of finishing and a decent looking stroke. Initially, there's a lot to like here.

Reaction Score
This interview from July has some good stuff. My favorite part:

"I'm a very tough defender. On defense, I'm aggressive. I like to pressure the ball. Offensively, I can make open threes. I can get my teammates open and I'm pretty athletic for my height."

Also: "Growing up, I wanted to go to UNC. UConn is up there, Duke, Syracuse, and I'd say maybe Michigan."

Was 6'1 170lbs at the time of the interview.

Offers from Washington, Binghamton, Fordham, Hofstra, LIU, Oklahoma State, St. John’s, and TCU

Reaction Score

"I'm a very tough defender. On defense, I'm aggressive. I like to pressure the ball. Offensively, I can make open threes. I can get my teammates open and I'm pretty athletic for my height."

Also: "Growing up, I wanted to go to UNC. UConn is up there, Duke, Syracuse, and I'd say maybe Michigan."

Offers from Washington, Binghamton, Fordham, Hofstra, LIU, Oklahoma State, St. John’s, and TCU
Ugh. Another dream school kid

Reaction Score
A highlight from the prep showcase. IIRC Tom and Kimani were in attendance and must have seen him play.

I see dribbling with both hands, passing with both hands, a bit of finishing and a decent looking stroke. Initially, there's a lot to like here.
Dribbling with both hands is illegal -- double dribble. Needs to tighten that up.

Reaction Score

No offer from Bryant.....how good can he really be??

Reaction Score

Someone needs to show this 58 second video to Solo and encourage him to think about driving to the basket.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score

He didn't mention Providence but... you know.

Reaction Score
I believe that he did at least 8th and potentially 9th @ Rectory in Pomfret before he transferred to Blair

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

Add finishing through contact, believe it or not.

Reaction Score
After Cooper Flagg I'm not ready to deal with another recruit that has a dream school. Especially a blue blood school.

Reaction Score
Ugh. Another dream school kid
I read an article today about a 5* kid from Utah who said UNC was his dream school. NEXT.

On second thought, NIL talks, "dream school" walks.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to show this 58 second video to Solo and encourage him to think about driving to the basket.
They could just show him a clip of himself doing that against disorganized high school defense. I’m sure there are a ton out there, college is different.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
You can watch high school videos of Singare taking people off the dribble.
This is why he needed to be in the game at the phog. You all are going to be slobbing me when he averages 8 assists a game for Kentucky next year

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
No he isn't. Believe it or not.
Look There Pro Wrestling GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online