Dennis DeMayo's last game tonight at Gample | The Boneyard

Dennis DeMayo's last game tonight at Gample

Reaction Score
Dennis DeMayo has had the best view of some of women's college basketball's greatest games over the past 30 years.

The 63-year-old estimates he's officiated over 2,000 games, and he will call his final one Wednesday night when No. 23 Temple visits top-ranked UConn.
has had the best view of some of women's college basketball's greatest games over the past 30 years.

The 63-year-old estimates he's officiated over 2,000 games, and he will call his final one Wednesday night when No. 23 Temple visits top-ranked UConn.

Reaction Score
He's going to be very lonely at Gample.

UConn HuskiesVerified account‏@UConnHuskies 38m38 minutes ago
Tonight is your last chance to see @UConnWBB in Hartford! #1 UConn vs. #23 Temple | 7:00 PM Tickets start at $10: http://uconnhuski.es/2kZuUah

C5Ru8e9XAAAInDT.jpg

Reaction Score
I hope he leaves on a high note.:)

I never could make up my mind if Dennis Demayo was one of the better Refs or one of the worst.
The UVa game at JPJ arena against Uconn was, to me one of his worst and there were others.
I'll have to wait a while after he is gone before I'll decide to miss him--or not.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
In Gampel he will not miss a call!! Seriously, goodbye and good luck to a pretty good practitioner of a thankless professsion.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I've watch him do a lot of games and thought he has done a pretty good job. But one time I got under his skin, he flipped me off and it made me smile. Luckily, I did get it on film.

Congrats on your retirement Mr. DeMayo!

Reaction Score
Dennis didn't miss a whole lot of calls. If the Tulane game was an audition for his replacement, we didn't find anybody.

Reaction Score
Oof, I'm 63 and I know I couldn't run that court! Best of luck to him.

Reaction Score
I've watch him do a lot of games and thought he has done a pretty good job. But one time I got under his skin, he flipped me off and it made me smile. Luckily, I did get it on film.

Congrats on your retirement Mr. DeMayo!
6QyeBUi.jpg

Reaction Score
Demayo will be at Gample scratching his butt and wondering why he didn't call it a career after 1,999 games.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I never could make up my mind if Dennis Demayo was one of the better Refs or one of the worst.
The UVa game at JPJ arena against Uconn was, to me one of his worst and there were others.
I'll have to wait a while after he is gone before I'll decide to miss him--or not.
Dennis was unique -

- he spoke at a Rutgers Fan Club meeting years ago and won his listeners over. Very complimentary of CVS and Geno, among others.
- saw him basically foul Mery Andrade out of a game for excessive flopping, which he didn't deny to my wife (then an officer of the fan club) after that meeting
- also saw him corner a Syracuse player (this is before Q) who tried to "board" Chelsea Newton onto the scorer's table. Dennis basically told her one more flying run at a player and she was done, even without contact.

OTH - he had confidence in his calls (as you must) but to a point where his over-dramatic call could get under your skin.

I did think he slipped in recent years, but that was based on limited opportunities.

Hope he enjoys his retirement.

Reaction Score
Dennis was unique -

- he spoke at a Rutgers Fan Club meeting years ago and won his listeners over. Very complimentary of CVS and Geno, among others.
- saw him basically foul Mery Andrade out of a game for excessive flopping, which he didn't deny to my wife (then an officer of the fan club) after that meeting
- also saw him corner a Syracuse player (this is before Q) who tried to "board" Chelsea Newton onto the scorer's table. Dennis basically told her one more flying run at a player and she was done, even without contact.

OTH - he had confidence in his calls (as you must) but to a point where his over-dramatic call could get under your skin.

I did think he slipped in recent years, but that was based on limited opportunities.

Hope he enjoys his retirement.
Until Dennis showed up at a game last night---I haven't seen a reaction from Geno as he did last night..
Dennis////??????? I won't join Dennis De Mayo 's fan club any time soon..

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno's post game comment on Dennis, "I wanted to kill him after he called Gabby for her third foul!"

Spreading the love as only Geno can...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom