Debacle in Jersey ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Debacle in Jersey ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Our first possession lasted 58 seconds. That's when I started to get nervous.
  2. Spencer missed his first two 3s pretty badly, then a pull up in the lane got him on the board. Did it settle him down? Uhm, no. He ended going 2 for 7 and fouling out.
  3. There was a play that resulted in the pass to an open Clingan in the paint for 2, at about the 9 minute mark in the first half was beautifully executed. We needed more of that.
  4. Hall was surprisingly good at rebounding at both ends.
  5. What a horrible display of basketball to start the second half.
  6. Finally making a bit of headway by feeding Clingan under the hoop. Then Clingan hurt his ankle, I knew right then that we wouldn't see him in the game again.
  7. We were bad in the first half. But the 2nd half was a whole 'nother level of bad basketball. We looked horrible. Couldn't seem to do even the simple stuff right. I guess the loss of DC really took the wind out of the rest of the team's sails.
  8. We never really got an open three in the second half. No screens, no weaves. Nothing resembling a play really.
  9. This was the worst we've played in two seasons.
  10. Between his first half foul trouble and going out with the injury early on the 2nd half, Clingan played 14 minutes. In that short stint, he had 14 points, 7 boards, 2 assists and a steal. SJ did pretty much nothing in DC's absence.
  11. Wonder when the last time we had 17 turnovers and 5 dimes was.

Last edited:

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
No one is talking about it and it is unfortunate that the topic on all of our minds is not being discussed. Perhaps out of respect for the young man regarding the difficulty of what he is going through……but we may not be seeing DC for an extended period. Whatever happened last night looked to be pretty serious. Kudos that he tried to give it a go but he could barely stand. And just when he was becoming a force to be reckoned with. Please let all of our Christmas wishes be answered early when we get the next update on DC’s health.

Reaction Score
No one is talking about it and it is unfortunate that the topic on all of our minds is not being discussed. Perhaps out of respect for the young man regarding the difficulty of what he is going through……but we may not be seeing DC for an extended period. Whatever happened last night looked to be pretty serious. Kudos that he tried to give it a go but he could barely stand. And just when he was becoming a force to be reckoned with. Please let all of our Christmas wishes be answered early when we get the next update on DC’s health.
Yup, we're pretty slim without him it seems. No beef.

Reaction Score
Good Stuf. The importance of Clingan can't be underestimated.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
It all depends on the severity of the sprain. He could be fine in a few days, or it could take several weeks. My gut tells me it's closer to a few days as he was able to stand and put some pressure on it, and walk on it, but time will tell. I certainly don't expect to see him at all versus St. John's. Let's see what the UConn medical staff's report has to say.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I’ll never understand why this isn’t posted in the game threads.
I believe that you thus far do not understand, but claiming a future "never" sounds much more like a commitment than a prediction, and I wonder why.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your letting us know. I won't expect such understanding moving forward.

I personally like the branding exercise that works the letter Z.

As for the post's content, l don't ever recall a loss that was accepted with as much equanimity as the one at Kansas. Maybe this one was needed to get our juices flowing...or at least to remind us that any team's sense of dominance and superiority shares its existence with the threats of physical, mental, or emotional vulnerabilities.

Reaction Score
This team isn't doing much without a healthy Donovan Clingan. He impacts the game so significantly on both ends of the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom