OT: - Death Storm | The Boneyard

OT: Death Storm

Reaction Score
Crazy lightning. Power out in my Fairfield neighborhood. Anybody else?

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Crazy lightning. Power out in my Fairfield neighborhood. Anybody else?

Just thunder and lightning.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tornado warnings for my area, but none touched down thankfully.

Reaction Score
Tornado warnings for my area, but none touched down thankfully.
Jeez you guys should come to Florida and try living here. What you guys call hurricanes we call our daily afternoon thunderstorms

Reaction Score
Family is on the West Norwalk/New Canaan border. Definite tornado. Neighborhood is a war zone this morning and they heard what sounded like a freight train around 5:30 for 2-3 minutes, house shook, etc. Roads are impassable. News said it looks like a tornado touched down in their neighborhood but weather service should confirm it today.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Family is on the West Norwalk/New Canaan border. Definite tornado. Neighborhood is a war zone this morning and they heard what sounded like a freight train around 5:30 for 2-3 minutes, house shook, etc. Roads are impassable. News said it looks like a tornado touched down in their neighborhood but weather service should confirm it today.

Usually pretty easy to tell. Fly your drone a few hundred feet above damage. If trees and debris are in a rotating pattern, most likely cyclonic. Straight line debris field? Microburst or strong thunderstorm.

#StayedatHolidayInnExpresslastnight

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If there’s a “warning” I’m pretty sure that means that one has been sighted
Maybe I got that wrong. No significant damage that I can see.

Reaction Score
I got to hang out on the Merritt just after exit 37 in New Canaan last night for 2 hours. Didn't move an inch :) Two trees came down across the highway from the median.

Reaction Score
I got to hang out on the Merritt just after exit 37 in New Canaan last night for 2 hours. Didn't move an inch :) Two trees came down across the highway from the median.

New Canaan? Hardooooo

Reaction Score
Just a lot of noise here in Fairfeild County and heavy arse rain. The lighting sounded like it was on my porch. Not the thunder clap kind, but the freakin armageddon kind.

The cool thing about it you could hear it revving up (10-15 secs) and just waiting to hear how close it was when it struck. I'm sure any tree it hit was destroyed, like this one in Norwalk:

1538580487221.png

Reaction Score
Do not miss that Merritt commute. Whenever a storm blew in it was guaranteed a tree would fall across the road. Commuted from Plainville to Stamford for ten years and pretty much saw it all. Longest one way was a three hour thirty minute beauty....

Reaction Score
yikes, the bad part about having trees so close to a 2 lane highway. Hopefully no one was hurt.

Reaction Score
yikes, the bad part about having trees so close to a 2 lane highway. Hopefully no one was hurt.

As far as I know, nobody was injured. 2 minutes sooner and I would have been through without ever knowing a thing.

Reaction Score
Do not miss that Merritt commute. Whenever a storm blew in it was guaranteed a tree would fall across the road. Commuted from Plainville to Stamford for ten years and pretty much saw it all. Longest one way was a three hour thirty minute beauty....

Mine was 3 hours on the nose, Stamford to Bethel haha. I told myself leaving work too, I can beat those clouds. Turns out I could not ...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I commuted the Merritt for a decade from 85-95 (Stamford-Norwalk, Bridgeport-Stamford) and never once experienced a tree down. Ergo, climate change!

Anyway, that storm must've been moving pretty quick as one end of it blew through Pittsburgh between 4-5:30pm. Luckily the worst part missed my house by a few miles.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It was confirmed. Hope your family is doing okay.

Reaction Score
The NWS confirmed an EF-1 tornado touched down in New Cannan Tuesday. Max winds 100 mph. Damage was mainly caused to cars and trees. 0 fatalities/injuries. 100 yard width. This brings the grand total to 7 tornadoes this year.

They’re now surveying West Norwalk area where my folks are. My family member talked to one of them and they’re close to calling it another one in that area.

Reaction Score
I commuted the Merritt for a decade from 85-95 (Stamford-Norwalk, Bridgeport-Stamford) and never once experienced a tree down. Ergo, climate change!

Anyway, that storm must've been moving pretty quick as one end of it blew through Pittsburgh between 4-5:30pm. Luckily the worst part missed my house by a few miles.
Blame the State for not doing tree maintenance along the highway. They’ve started doing it again.

That and probably more storms...,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom