Dear Huskies | The Boneyard

Dear Huskies

Reaction Score
A hearty congratulations to the you on a great season. It ended a bit too soon for you, but please know that your determination and drive brought us BYarders lots of fun, excitement and chatter. Numerous injuries affected the team, and many people were skeptical that you’d even make it to the FF, yet you did. So regardless of ending this season in the Nat’l Semifinal, be proud of your accomplishments, because we your fans, are super proud of you. Get some much needed rest and treatment, and we’ll see you next year. Go Huskies!! Go UConn!!

Reaction Score
We love you all, Huskies! Thank you for a wonderful season! We couldn't be prouder and more impressed by what you accomplished.

Aaliyah and Nika, you will be awesome at the next level. Go forth and prosper! We will be following your stories with love and attention.

Paige and Ash and KK and Ice and Q, you will lead a team full of returning stars to glory next season. We can hardly wait to watch you guys.

Morgan and Allie -- I hope you got a taste of the wonderful team you'll be joining. And Sarah, if you were watching, I hope you saw what grit and determination and a loving team culture can accomplish. This can be your home for the next 4 years.

Reaction Score
A hearty congratulations to the you on a great season. It ended a bit too soon for you, but please know that your determination and drive brought us BYarders lots of fun, excitement and chatter. Numerous injuries affected the team, and many people were skeptical that you’d even make it to the FF, yet you did. So regardless of ending this season in the Nat’l Semifinal, be proud of your accomplishments, because we your fans, are super proud of you. Get some much needed rest and treatment, and we’ll see you next year. Go Huskies!! Go UConn!!
Thank you, a wonderful tribute to some incredible warriors who battled through extremely tough times due to all the injuries and had an incredible season despite all the adversity .... WELL DONE

Reaction Score
Shout out to Geno and the coaches, too.

Reaction Score
With the pain of last night finally subsiding, I can honestly say that going back a month I would have taken a 2 point loss in the National Semifinal as a miraculous dream. The six who were left to play and the coaches deserve so much credit and praise for making that dream come true. I hope they can see it that way for themselves.

Reaction Score
With the pain of last night finally subsiding, I can honestly say that going back a month I would have taken a 2 point loss in the National Semifinal as a miraculous dream. The six who were left to play and the coaches deserve so much credit and praise for making that dream come true. I hope they can see it that way for themselves.
I remember early on in the season where I wondered if this team could even get out of the round of 32. I assumed they would lose some in the BE as well and maybe not even win a conference championship. Well they proved me wrong and more!! And I think it’s fair to say they proved a LOT of people wrong.

I just had a guy randomly come up to me yesterday when I was out shopping. He must have noticed me decked out in UConn apparel, lol, since he told me he was super impressed with how much UConn has accomplished this year with all the injuries. And this is in Syracuse, mind you!! We didn’t win it all but we proved to everyone (yet again) that UConn is never down and out no matter how many odds are stacked against us.

Reaction Score
We love you all, Huskies! Thank you for a wonderful season! We couldn't be prouder and more impressed by what you accomplished.

Aaliyah and Nika, you will be awesome at the next level. Go forth and prosper! We will be following your stories with love and attention.

Paige and Ash and KK and Ice and Q, you will lead a team full of returning stars to glory next season. We can hardly wait to watch you guys.
A
Morgan and Allie -- I hope you got a taste of the wonderful team you'll be joining. And Sarah, if you were watching, I hope you saw what grit and determination and a loving team culture can accomplish. This can be your home for the next 4 years.
For some Uconn fans, not so great---for me--AMAZING--Another final for to notch Geno's belt--WOW. Who in January Thought FF? Geno--every year.
The best Women's BB coach and coaching year--has to be GENO. From an injury factory to Final 4---Amazing. There was more talent sitting on his bench--disable--than the other 3 FF teams. I'm so proud of this team--especially KK Nika Paige, Edwards in that order---The "Screen" with 30 seconds left--is hardly called--also, I could make a case for Edwards folding her arms in a protective mode. Oh well, what is done is done

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And something about the game broadcast that Ryan Ruocco said that really hit home.
Paraphrasing: "UConn has been to the Final Four in 15 of the last 16 years."
We all know that but was a nice way for him to remind the audience who UConn really is!

Reaction Score
This team did more with less than any of us, including the coaches, could've imagined. I want to give a special shout out to Nika and Aaliyah for showing perseverance, grit, and leadership during the last 2.5 seasons when they were the only constants in the lineup. We will miss you.

Reaction Score
Well said by all. Super proud of this team. They reached a level many of us were not expecting. They did more with less and darn near reached the title game. Rest up. Recover. Use this season to fuel the competitive fires for next season. Again, proud of this team and coaching staff. We thank you all for a wonderful season.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Tonya and Jamelle both said the team was riding a wave, didn't know how long it would last, and it might crash, so might as well ride it for as long as they could. Just shows how much physical and mental grit this team had during the season.

Reaction Score
And please disregard your BY "fans" that will continue to post that this loss was again due to the fact that Geno can't coach worth s..t in close games. And turn into crickets when we win close, hard fought games.
When you are a winning coach you are expected to win. You are expected to make the right call every time and when you make one that ends up costing you the game you will be criticized. It doesn't mean you aren't great, it doesn't mean you aren't the GOAT, it just means you messed up. No matter how great you are you aren't perfect.

This team really did a great job maximizing what they had. They had starters and key players off the bench that could very easily not play meaningful minutes next season if everyone is healthy. They had great leadership in Nika and Paige and what they lacked in talent or experience they made up in grit and effort. Could they have won one more game and made a final? Sure they could have but they also could have quit in November when they looked at the overall hand they were dealt.

People have asked if Caitlin Clark can be the GOAT without winning a title which I think she can and it. But I also think a team and effort like UConn had this year can also be a fantastic group without winning it all. Great season and I look forward to what is in store for the next one.

Reaction Score
I could not agree more, a huge thank you to these young women and the coaching staff for what I think was a tremendous season so much fun to watch even though it ended bitter sweet. You all accomplished so much given the adversity. So thank you once again and I can't wait to see you next season. Good luck to Aliyah and Nika on the next chapter of their lives!! GO UConn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom