Deadspin: Kevin Ollie's Fight With UConn Heating Up | The Boneyard

Deadspin: Kevin Ollie's Fight With UConn Heating Up

Reaction Score
It’s not even accurate - but who cares now-a-days.

>>The centerpiece of their case is an interview by former assistant and Jim Calhoun loyalist Glen Miller, who dropped bombs revealing that Ollie, uh, once called Ray Allen and also shot hoops with a potential recruit.<<

Cripes - even a modicum of fact checking would be nice (there’s enough out there to plagiarize from).

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Deadspin/Gawker taking the “ethical” angle is hilarious considering their bankruptcy and imminent demise is the result of them outting dude as gay to the entire world.
I like deadspin, it's one of the sports reporting sites I check a couple of times every day. I don't get all the hate. Deadspin =/= Gawker

Reaction Score
Deadspin/Gawker taking the “ethical” angle is hilarious considering their bankruptcy and imminent demise is the result of them outting dude as gay to the entire world.

The story of how Thiel plotted his revenge is incredible.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Deadspin is garbage.

It’s not a “sports reporting site”; it’s a rotating series of monkeys churning out aggregated stories as clickbait.
A lot of days I only have a couple of minutes to look at the internet. Aggregated clickbait is fine those days.

Reaction Score
I like deadspin, it's one of the sports reporting sites I check a couple of times every day. I don't get all the hate. Deadspin =/= Gawker
Deadspin used to be good, but now they're basically the same outrage police that all the other Gawker sites are. Just with sports.

And I say that as a left leaning guy

Reaction Score
https://deadspin.com/kevin-ollies-fight-with-uconn-is-heating-up-1827188433

I'm getting particularly sick of the "They didn't fire Calhoun and he did worse things!" line of thinking.

Different people, different eras, different contracts. Also, if a contract has a clause that you may be fired for cause doesn't mean you will be.

Ok but the only difference that matters is that Ollie wasn't winning and Calhoun won. So while it may not be fair legal defense, I'm not sure, its certainly fair to bring up in an article about the situation.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Ok but the only difference that matters is that Ollie wasn't winning and Calhoun won. So while it may not be fair legal defense, I'm not sure, its certainly fair to bring up in an article about the situation.
The difference is Ollie inherited a program on probation that was dead set on never ending up there again. If he was this sloppy in compliance on the little things god only knows what else is out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom